BB Global (English) > I like the current training system

I like the current training system

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
278223.64 in reply to 278223.62
Date: 4/25/2016 12:03:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is not what you just said it is, not at all. It's addhock, half-wit, completley unrelated to the real game metagame nonsense. Saying what they are trying to do as if its what happened is just dishonest.

+1

This Post:
278223.65 in reply to 278223.61
Date: 4/25/2016 4:32:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
BB doesn't have out of position stuff only. You can easily train Centers by playing them at Center their whole life. You can do the same with PGs and SGs as well and there are thousands of people doing so.
But if you want to have well rounded players you either have to play them out of position OR train them with less than 100% of weekly possible training. I see a challenge there -

This is a good point.
By creating a system where it is easiest to train players all day long in their natural position (where they best serve their team), the development of players who fit the traditional mold of their position happens more frequently.
Otherwise, everyone could just train a team of Lebrons. Of course, everyone still has the ability to train a team of Lebrons, but you just have to play less efficient lineups in order to get there. It's a trade-off.

It makes sense. Training Multiskillers would be too easy and Top-Teams could compete and train Lebrons easily. It makes most sense in case of Centers. But as Trainerman said, if you want to train a SF he doesnt play his position until he is 25. If you train a PG he has to play SG/SF a lot, without even aiming for B-Skills.

I think you are right - it should not be too easy to get these secondaries, but it doesn't have too result in such weird lineups. There is enough space for an in-the-middle solution.

No need to argue just from both extremes (everything like it is vs. no restrictions on training at all).

This Post:
278223.66 in reply to 278223.65
Date: 4/25/2016 10:17:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
One possible solution could be to remove training positions, but introduce penalties on certain skills in combination with skill levels.

Let's say I want to increase one of my players passing, which is absolute 0. In such a case, I think we should be able to get 100% regardless position.

If, on the other hand, I want to train a guy who is pretty solid in passing (like 15), it would require him to play PG to get 100%.

This could be pretty complicated for all the skill-position, age, height, whatever constellations, though.

But IMO we should start by changing the pace of training depending on skill level. Training from 0-1 should not be the same as going from 19-20

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
278223.68 in reply to 278223.67
Date: 4/25/2016 10:53:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the argument for the old trainingsystem was that it makes it hard to train multiskillers and a position-neutral trainingsystem would make training multiskilled players too easy. You give suggestions too make training for multiskilled players even more easy and fast....

This Post:
278223.70 in reply to 278223.69
Date: 4/25/2016 2:26:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just a little reminder:
This thread is called

I like the current training system.

Please put your suggestions and "training sucks" postings in another thread. There are several dozens to choose from. Stop hijacking this one as well. Thanks!