Stop robbing managers

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
53381.63 in reply to 53381.62
Date: 10/14/2008 10:02:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

This is your opinion, not a fact.

I think the finances and basketball components should be relatively equal, like in real life.
-If you can't manage your finances, you can't field a good team.
-Conversely, if you can't field a good team with good tactics, you won't be able to manage your finances because you won't make enough money.

IMO, the game is about balance, not just in iin-game tactics, but in overall team management tactics.

Everything here is an opinion, including your post. It's only a matter of time before somebody's opinion becomes fact.

The way the team is headed, finances will beat tactics. Like Hattrick, let's lay low and save up massive amounts of money regardless of results....and choose 1 season to blitz to glory on a negative budget. Your tactics are limited by the players your economic equilibrium can support. Finances on a negative budget however, can get your a monster team in all departments to eat everyone up on Base Offence and Man to Man defence.

This Post:
53381.65 in reply to 53381.45
Date: 10/14/2008 10:42:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's both unrealistic and stupid that staff salaries go up while staff performance remains the same. All that does is leave a player with two choices: continue to pay higher and higher salaries for ZERO increase in performance, or else fire your current coach and pay ridiculous auction fees for staff that gives you zero increase in performance. LOL what a choice. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Where do you get the idea that you will have to pay "ridiculous" prices for Staff?

Like has been stated ad nauseum, once the initial "shiny toy" period has worn off, prices will normalize.

I would think the game would benefit by GREATLY expanding the BASKETBALL part of the game, rather than introducing tedium and frustration in forcing players to attempt to constantly monitor dozens of staff member listings so that they can figure out if it's worth it to auction $300k in order to grab a lvl 3 trainer asking $9k a week versus staying with their current lvl 3 trainer who's asking $11.5k a week, and breaking down the rate of salary increase for each based on their current salary and thus calculating the exact optimal time to make a staff chance based on percentage salary increases per week versus current market fluctuations in auction values for staff members of various levels.

That's an unlikely scenario. If you're doing a hard analysis of a change that would result in a difference of $2500/week, and doing it often, you're mismanaging your team.

* a momentum system in-game (influenced, perhaps, by home court advantage)

I believe momentum is part of the GE.

* a "hot hand" system where players who make several good plays in a row get a temporary boost (and also, tactical settings for how much to "force" the ball to a player with a hot hand)

I believe this happens as well, not as sure though as on the momentum aspect.

* special 4th quarter strategies when up/down by a little/lot

Not sure if you're referring to a user setting or a general GE philosophy. If it's the latter, I know the BBs are constantly trying to refine that aspect of the GE.

* implementation of player "special abilities" or "special traits" (similar to Hattrick's "Specialities" like Quick, Powerful, Unpredicatable, etc.)

There are some hidden attributes along those lines. Take a look at my SG, Age Johnsen, and his fouls per 48 minutes.

Those are just a few things I could think of off the top of my head. Any of which, IMO, make the game a lot more interesting than paying more and more money each week just to keep the same crappy staff members I already have, all of whom obviously must be mentally retarded since they never get one bit better at the job they do, no matter how long they do it.

The staff system was crap before, to the point that there was a fed dedicated to fixing it.

It's now more interesting and allows those that wish to devote some time to it to do so, while not increasing said time that much. Also, the casual player can still play casually if they'd like.

I don't understand the rush to rip a change that has been in effect for, what, three days?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
53381.66 in reply to 53381.11
Date: 10/14/2008 12:47:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
They arent trying to lower revenue. They are attempting to make the game as realistic as possible. Bidding seperate offers to staff is normal, and they do demand higher wagers. Maybe the time can be changed from weekly increase to every month or something to make it a little more life like. You have to deal with being a lower team and having minimal wages and still manage a way to move up. Thats what proves your managerial skill and ability. Thats a main part of the game

This Post:
53381.67 in reply to 53381.66
Date: 10/14/2008 2:11:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
They arent trying to lower revenue. They are attempting to make the game as realistic as possible. Bidding seperate offers to staff is normal, and they do demand higher wagers.

Yes...and realistically, staff also get better at what they do the longer they do it. THAT's why they demand (and receive) higher salaries. If you aren't getting better at your job the longer you do it, then you can probably get (at best) a base cost-of-living increase (a few % per year.... rather than the 2% per week they are going up here in BB) and, more realistically, you are probably not going to hold on to your job for long.

This Post:
53381.68 in reply to 53381.67
Date: 10/14/2008 2:18:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
rather than the 2% per week they are going up here in BB) and

Remember that a week here equals roughly 3.6 or so real life weeks.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
53381.69 in reply to 53381.67
Date: 10/14/2008 3:54:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i dont think you "bid" in an auction of staffs in reality plus the auction ranging up to over 1million$.

Rebuilding
This Post:
53381.70 in reply to 53381.69
Date: 10/14/2008 8:44:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Exactly. I'd love to have a bidwar everytime I changed jobs.
Nice little 'welcome to your new job' bonus. =)

This Post:
53381.71 in reply to 53381.70
Date: 10/14/2008 9:43:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you were any good at what you do, there would be. =)

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
53381.72 in reply to 53381.71
Date: 10/14/2008 10:46:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Heh, only if you're a professional footballer. Gotta love their 'signing on bonus'.

Advertisement