Suggestions > Committee for the Rights of Small Forwards

Committee for the Rights of Small Forwards

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
67212.63 in reply to 67212.60
Date: 1/6/2009 1:16:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe my center is 30 years old and I don't want to train him? I want single position training for PF!

Sell your center and get a younger one, or play your center at PF, he'll do pretty well there. A SF that needs inside training wont do so well at c/pf, but a center at pf will.

In fact, I'd rather train a 30yo in his right position then train a 19yo out of position. I prefer the game to do its best to mimic reality. What do you prefer, fantasy-land?

I think it would take away SF spot uniqueness if you make him easy(er) to train.

Uniqueness? There's SF's that are guards and SF's that are big men, how unique is that? All that does is force people to play particular tactics.

You prefer a training system that chooses our tactics for us. I prefer one that gives us more options.

You prefer a training system that requires a team to play weaker lineups (in what real world scenario does that EVER happen?). I prefer one that allows players to grow in the position their meant to play in the long run. Look at Michael Jordan playing center so he can work on his post moves!

Last edited by brian at 1/6/2009 1:21:17 PM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
67212.64 in reply to 67212.63
Date: 1/6/2009 1:40:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sell your center and get a younger one, or play your center at PF, he'll do pretty well there. A SF that needs inside training wont do so well at c/pf, but a center at pf will.

In fact, I'd rather train a 30yo in his right position then train a 19yo out of position. I prefer the game to do its best to mimic reality. What do you prefer, fantasy-land?

Center talk was hypothetical because I got 25 yo center. How can you say that play my center at pf and vice versa isn't that just what you are fighting against? Playing out of position? My SF plays as well at PF as he plays at SF. But like you said it I want all my players to play at their spot. If you want to play your SF at SF spot why are you suggesting me to play my PF at C? I think you have missed the point that this is a game and it is a fantasy-land so it can't be exactly as real life.

You prefer a training system that chooses our tactics for us. I prefer one that gives us more options.

If you change something change it for every position give every position single pos and skill training then it is fair and you got gazillion options to melt your brain with.

You prefer a training system that requires a team to play weaker lineups (in what real world scenario does that EVER happen?). I prefer one that allows players to grow in the position their meant to play in the long run. Look at Michael Jordan playing center so he can work on his post moves!

I can see that you are exited and running out of ideas:) Who in the real world need 48 min a week to make his training effective? Games give players experience to use their skills. Training in the real world is a "little" different. Is there really just let's train C spot this week... You amuse me:) Michael Jordan can prolly play any position in basketball.

Last edited by Kukoc at 1/6/2009 1:41:10 PM

This Post:
67212.65 in reply to 67212.64
Date: 1/6/2009 1:54:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you have missed the point that this is a game and it is a fantasy-land so it can't be exactly as real life.

But it can be improved from where it is, but you prefer otherwise. The GE programming has attempted to mimic a real life game, why is that?

I have no idea the skills of your SF and is equally good at PF, but he's a pretty rare find if so. Or, you have a crappy PF by comparison. Or, you play an inside guy at SF, which is exactly the point of this thread, creating actual SF's.

If you change something change it for every position give every position single pos and skill training then it is fair and you got gazillion options to melt your brain with.

We're proposing a minor change, and your retort is "no, you either keep it as it is or radically change it" You can't compromise.

I can see that you are exited and running out of ideas:)

Yet, here I am in the suggestions forum supporting a new idea...

Who in the real world need 48 min a week to make his training effective? Games give players experience to use their skills. Training in the real world is a "little" different. Is there really just let's train C spot this week...

I'm willing to discuss radical changes to the training system, but since people are unwilling to be open minded about minor changes, whats the point?

You amuse me:)

You appear to be easily amused.

Michael Jordan can prolly play any position in basketball.

Sure, he has good post moves, yet the bulls never played him at center. I wonder why? He could have improved faster playing at center. Is it possible that, all the coaches would be fired if they did something that stupid?

Last edited by brian at 1/6/2009 1:57:23 PM

This Post:
67212.66 in reply to 67212.65
Date: 1/6/2009 3:01:01 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
wow, this thread sank worse than titanic

This Post:
67212.67 in reply to 67212.66
Date: 1/6/2009 3:30:52 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Yup, it's pretty silly now. Time to just let us train SFs individually and move on...

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
67212.68 in reply to 67212.55
Date: 1/6/2009 4:05:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Using your own logic PF has no single position training why should SF have one?

the request is a training as Jump shot for Forward
Pressure for forward,bi-role SF-PF which train 50-50% ID and OD

This Post:
67212.70 in reply to 67212.69
Date: 1/6/2009 4:34:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i'will be yet happy with a pressure training for SF-PF which train 50-50% ID and OD
if it we'll be monorole,it's better
Sfs if i had to define the identity of my SF,i need to make play her some weeks in another role,but generally my player had to have the possibility to play in nhis role

This Post:
67212.71 in reply to 67212.65
Date: 1/6/2009 6:17:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok after eurocup games I'm back:D + I am easily amused!
I will not bother to quote you but give a little insight on things. In real life what kind of SF-s are there? Usually there a two types of SF-s. One is a guard like SF that can defend outside but is being dominated inside because of height or weight. The other type is a little longer SF that can not play outside defence very well because of his height his quickness is low. So he will be dominated by guards but will provide extra rebounding support and some shot blocking. Has a good enough 3 range on his jumper. So basically there is the SG type with some PF skills and PF type with some SG skills.
Because you like RL comparisons so much I'm going to give you some. I will use Dallas Mavericks as an example (you being from the states can easily relate to that) Dirk Nowitzki what spot can he exactly play? He can play any spot on the floor. Yes he has played PG for Germany NT (when the starting PG could not bring the ball over the HC). He shoots like the best of the guards and rebounds like forward or C. So basically his shooting and inside skills let him play at any spot. This year for example J.Kidd has played SF when there was J.J.Barea and J.Terry on the floor with him.
So basically what I am trying to say is that basketball is more all around game and with giving SF spot 50%od 50%id SF only training there will be a lot of SG's and PF's playing out of position at SF.
There are a lot of players that I can come up with that can play atleast 3 spots on the floor. Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Pippen, A.Stoudemire, Carmelo to name a few. I believe there are no players in NBA that can not play 2 spots.

Ok nighty night we will start again in the morning:)

This Post:
67212.73 in reply to 67212.71
Date: 1/6/2009 8:25:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And just about what percentage of time did Pippen or Lebron spend at center to work on their inside defense skills? Little to none, really? Huh, must have had a high level trainer to 3 position train them up so fast.

Advertisement