BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277748.64 in reply to 277748.59
Date: 4/7/2016 11:30:35 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Then I'll say without discussing a particular decision, it is wrong not to inform people of the outcome of the appeal.

If its happening yes. But i don't think this is true. There is a chance not to receive a response when your appeal has been rejected but this is not the normal behaviour as far as we know.

Sorry to reply to you twice but since I'm making a separate point, perhaps you can understand.

This is from the manual:

"In the unfortunate situation that your account is banned, you may appeal the decision by sending an e-mail to appeals@buzzerbeater.com. All of these appeals are read, and each situation will be carefully reviewed again by the BB Staff. If your account is unlocked (this is VERY rare), you will receive an email letting you know; if you do not hear from us, it is because your appeal was denied."

Are you saying that that refers only to cases of banning and not to all appeals? I think that's what your reply says, though in a slightly ambiguous way. If so, then fine. But I would still say all appeals should be answered.

This Post:
277748.66 in reply to 277748.63
Date: 4/7/2016 3:52:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Of course you are exactly right. There is no appeals process. It is nothing but a sham of the first order. I will not say what I think of the people involved, and that's too bad because the language would have been terrifically colorful, possibly bordering on epic. At least now everyone knows there is no appeals process.

Answering an appeal wouldn't in fact prove that it was considered, but it would at least be better than no reply at all.

Exactly. And it would represent at least 30 seconds devoted to customer service, which unfortunately is completely absent from this site. Of course, we aren't "customers" to them, we are "users."

I understand that in much of eastern Europe, particularly countries that came out from behind the Cold War iron curtain, that the concept of customer service is lacking or absent, so perhaps we shouldn't expect any. At least that way the website would exactly meet our expectations.

This Post:
277748.68 in reply to 277748.67
Date: 4/7/2016 5:23:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Riiight. Blame the appellant, not the defective process. Blame the "user" who is accustomed to customer service everywhere else but here. Blame the "user" who reveals how the process worked or failed, not the schoolyard bully who simply deletes the part of the conversation he wasn't comfortable with. Blame the person who tries to use the appeals process, not the failed process. Blame the user who doesn't trust the powers at BuzzerBeater enough to let them go phishing.

That is sure to bring progress to the website.

Edited after I read your post a couple more times: Are we supposed to forgive the schoolyard bullying because they are just volunteers? You cannot fire them because they are just volunteers? You have no control over their behavior because they are volunteers? What are you getting at?

Last edited by Mike Franks at 4/7/2016 5:33:27 PM

This Post:
277748.70 in reply to 277748.68
Date: 4/7/2016 7:24:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If it makes you feel any better, I've seen bans overturned on appeal, fines on transfers overturned on appeal (including at least one case where I had been the one who applied the fine and suggested the user appeal because I thought the circumstances merited leniency) and I presume forum bans have been overturned too. But thank you for your insight and opinions.

To: RiP
This Post:
277748.71 in reply to 277748.69
Date: 4/7/2016 7:33:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Edited after I read your post a couple more times: Are we supposed to forgive the schoolyard bullying because they are just volunteers? You cannot fire them because they are just volunteers? You have no control over their behavior because they are volunteers? What are you getting at?

Yes, my point was that you should cut volunteers some slack, but you already understood that.

Yes I do, and what a sorry situation it is. Circle the wagons, buddy. The truth about the appeals process and "customer service" is getting out.

Nothing paranoid about any of it, by the way. I extend all the trust that has been earned.

Last edited by Mike Franks at 4/8/2016 12:34:25 PM

This Post:
277748.73 in reply to 277748.72
Date: 4/8/2016 11:09:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Phishing. It's the same as phishing.

What is clear is that there is no customer service on this site because there are no customers, only "users." And that goes all the way to the top, because it was the top guy who wrote that my appeal was being considered (contradicting your assertion that there is only one way to appeal) and then ignored it. Why would you contradict the top guy?.

There is no excuse for lacking an appeals system on site.

Last edited by Mike Franks at 4/9/2016 5:45:38 PM

Advertisement