Suggestions > Make the best players actually desirable

Make the best players actually desirable

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
158188.65 in reply to 158188.64
Date: 10/11/2010 2:11:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
sometimes i think, that a relation from the salary to the transfer prices would solve the problem. Because in this case the "real" best players, would become the best paid players so a center wouldn't get a lower value just because you trained him additional 5 skills.

But when i look at the TPE, i believe the implementation would become to buggy and difficult.

This Post:
158188.66 in reply to 158188.64
Date: 10/11/2010 2:29:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are not physical skill in BB.BB's Ray Allen and BB's Shaq has the same speed.If the BB's Ray Allen try to get inside,he will be surely blocked by the BB's Shaq,no way he can score consistently playing inside

I don't know, I think Driving is effective against poor OD, and I'm not sure how much ID affects Driving.

"Air is beautiful, yet you cannot see it. It's soft, yet you cannot touch it. Air is a little like my brain." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
This Post:
158188.67 in reply to 158188.65
Date: 10/11/2010 2:31:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What kind of relation about the salary to the transfer prices?

This Post:
158188.68 in reply to 158188.67
Date: 10/11/2010 2:36:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What kind of relation about the salary to the transfer prices?

a type of player who is selled for a high price, get a high salary and a player who got selled cheap a low one - because transfer prices are the best indicator of demand in this game and demand is usually the key who is also considered for the salary negotiations.

In this scenario, you wouldn't pay less for a center, who have 10 additional insideskills, because he is more useful then the guy with 10 less skills ;)

But for this you need working tpe, so that players who get trained, get a updatet value from time to time.

This Post:
158188.69 in reply to 158188.66
Date: 10/11/2010 2:47:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are not physical skill in BB.BB's Ray Allen and BB's Shaq has the same speed.If the BB's Ray Allen try to get inside,he will be surely blocked by the BB's Shaq,no way he can score consistently playing inside

I don't know, I think Driving is effective against poor OD, and I'm not sure how much ID affects Driving.

Driving is effective both on OD and ID,it's not intended as in the real game

This Post:
158188.70 in reply to 158188.68
Date: 10/11/2010 2:54:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmm, theoretically not, because such TPE you have defined already by current salary levels. Therefore I think that things can work as follows. Once you buy the player over the price, you will get him also over the current sallary.

Good for the information, but such a market needs the regulation anyway, doesnt sound to me really well that if you are lucky and get 500k center luckily because of serverdown or something like that for 100k p/w while the normall situation would be 250k. That would be a magnificent advantage for the team for a pretty long time.

So while you have defined TPE (you know that these skills were measured to 500k p/w), system can also search for all +-500k centers in the game and find the average sallary they are getting now. Lets say that would be 250k.

So that 150k advantage you have could be slowly erased by raising players demands. He could demand 2-5 percent wage more every week (depends on the salary value he have like on staff, better one gets faster raise).

It could work also in the opposite, so overpriced player would demand less every week.

The point is that its still driven by demand like you say, have the all advantages, but it has a safety mechanism against those managers with lot of time.

Last edited by aigidios at 10/11/2010 2:57:18 PM

This Post:
158188.71 in reply to 158188.70
Date: 10/11/2010 3:01:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
All of this is just getting too complicated and completely changes BB and requires way too much coding.

This Post:
158188.72 in reply to 158188.70
Date: 10/11/2010 3:10:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmm, theoretically not, because such TPE you have defined already by current salary levels.

no else high salary centers, would get selled for higher amounts ;) i don't remember anybody from Real saying, that they pay 100 Millions to get Ronaldo(or was it kaka), because he get such a cheap salary, no they pay so much because they think he is the ebst soccer player and have a high value for the team(and probadly pay him the highest salary too)

So that 150k advantage you have could be slowly erased by raising players demands. He could demand 2-5 percent wage more every week (depends on the salary value he have like on staff, better one gets faster raise).

It could work also in the opposite, so overpriced player would demand less every week.

or maybe make it totally based on the tpe, and make them fit every season like today.

But i think, to make such a good tpe would be impossible ;)

This Post:
158188.73 in reply to 158188.72
Date: 10/11/2010 3:32:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I mean by TPE that it would be only as a tool for finding desired players and afterwards calculating the average. So 500k centers would be on a different category than 100k centers, therefore you can get hired 500k player for 100k p/w or 1M p/w, but depends on the average for how many such players are usually hired, on which direction he will go.

This means a important thing, once you have the key to this category (C around 500k) defined, you will not influence other players by this and raising demand on this cathegory from managers also means raising demand from players.

So Ronaldo is still Ronaldo, however he will be pretty much kind and will force the salary to the level other players like him has.

The difference between monsters and multiskills is then defined by mechanism itself, because once you can get player exponentially into higher TPE cathegory, his demands will raise anyway, but its raise will be just for the few skills. Thats why I find this kind of TPE at this point pretty much adequate.

This Post:
158188.74 in reply to 158188.11
Date: 10/13/2010 1:11:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
People need to train smarter. It's that simple. The salary formula isn't wrong, it's part of the checks and balances that prevent the game being too easy. The game is about running a club, not who can train the best player in one position for an NT.

When you post it makes no sense that the highest salary players are unattractive, all I hear is "I don't understand this game I'm playing" .

We've had a 500kish centre in the EBBL and it made the club who invested in him worse, and he was gone at the end of the season. The new Isolation tactic might make these star players more of a feasible strategy - and it might be worth giving one player half your payroll - but at the moment, no way.

Players you refer to as the best in the game, aren't, because the game has different needs to real life to be a fun game. The game needs managers to made decisions based on trade offs, not simply adopt one strategy and go with it.

If you are training a player for the NT, you have to accept you are ruining his value for your club. That's one of the trade offs in this game - and managers who have given up on club success often opt for the "I'll just train a player for the NT and that will make me feel better" option. If that's what they enjoy, fair play, but these players should perhaps stop trying to break the delicate mechanism that holds the game together to allow managers to compete to achieve club success - in order to suit their alternative view of what the game is about.

At the end of the day, this game is a club-management game, not a training sim.

Last edited by Elmacca at 10/13/2010 1:14:16 PM

This Post:
158188.75 in reply to 158188.74
Date: 10/13/2010 7:33:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I disagree. You say that people should train smarter? What do you count as training smarter? Give me an example of a hypothetical players skills and his associated salary.
In the current system, if I train a player well then his salary will be harmful to my club by the time he is 23. Does that mean that this game doesn't want you to train anyone past that?? If so, that is stupid.
At the moment the best player for a team is the best skills for the cheapest price. However, what we are all saying is that this isn't how it should be. The best player should be the best skills and that player should have an affordable salary. Using your logic players like michael jordan, shaq, kobe etc shouldn't be in the game at all because teams that have a superstar like them won't have a good team.

Advertisement