BB Global (English) > Botification

Botification

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
8077.67 in reply to 8077.66
Date: 1/22/2008 11:42:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
We did make a Dutch BuzzerBeater federation in Hattrick, I believe that made a little bit sense, but still not enough of course.

This Post:
8077.68 in reply to 8077.65
Date: 1/23/2008 4:35:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I wish I could get my cronies to sign up, but they refuse to believe a Hattrick clone is worth their time.

It would be nice if they realized that this isn't an HT clone.

Certainly not blaming you for that, of course.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
8077.69 in reply to 8077.68
Date: 1/23/2008 12:40:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I wish I could get my cronies to sign up, but they refuse to believe a Hattrick clone is worth their time.

It would be nice if they realized that this isn't an HT clone.

Certainly not blaming you for that, of course.

I absolutely don't push my (hattrick) friends to join. What I do is telling them I play this game, and that I find this game even more exciting than HT, because it is true.

The reason why is simple: if I ask them to sign up, and maybe even try to push them, chances are big they will make the number of botteams even bigger.
If I tell them I play, and I like it; then if they are interested, they will surely sign up.
I think the best way to succesfully keep users in a game is when the are interested. If you try to give them a push to give it a try, some might stay, but I fear many will not.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
8077.70 in reply to 8077.69
Date: 1/23/2008 3:28:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are right; we want future dedicated players; not future bots...

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
Message deleted
This Post:
8077.72 in reply to 8077.70
Date: 1/24/2008 3:00:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Here are the biggest problems they had with Hattrick that aren't fixed in BB yet:

1) Enthusiasm/TS: They hate it. It's still here.

2) Implausible results: Top level teams lose to lower level teams too often in Hattrick. The teams in BB are very close in talent right now and that happens here. In few seasons that will change, but until then...

3) The overall 'look and feel' of the website says "Hattrick". Not sure how to change that.

4) The link with Hattrick. Not certain what this link is myself, but my cronies found out about the Hattrick ad, signed up, stayed one/two days and never came back. Not sure what it would take to overcome the 'taint' of Hattrick except time and success.

Also, most of us used to play the basketball sim over at simulatedsports and that was fun, but we figured it out, no meaningful improvements were made, and it got stale and most left.

I'm waiting to see what my draft produces. My cronies like to build from a draft/recruiting strategy, and so having a good team and still being able to get good players in the draft is crucial. If you can't be good and also get decent players in the draft, no one will interested. I've had a successful season and will pick 11th. On my draft order screen, I have enough 4's and up that if I get my choices in line what other teams have done in last season's draft, I should be happy.

Draft success will key in my ability to talk others into trying. I think it will happen.

I base 'success' on the assumption that the average team picking 11th last season got its 7th choice in the third round. If this holds true (and my league has more than half January sign-ups) I should be thrilled.

We'll see.

This Post:
8077.73 in reply to 8077.72
Date: 1/24/2008 3:35:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
TS is an integral part of HT. Whoever doesn't know/doesn't care to manage it should probably find another game to play. The same is true for enthusiasm. I don't think either is going away, so don't get your hopes up.

The top teams in HT don't loose too often against bottom division teams. Then again, if top teams never lost against weaker teams, these games would be the most boring thing in the world anyhow.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
8077.74 in reply to 8077.73
Date: 1/25/2008 2:34:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
TS is an integral part of HT. Whoever doesn't know/doesn't care to manage it should probably find another game to play.

Yes, that's why we all quit. Wasn't I clear about that?

This Post:
8077.75 in reply to 8077.74
Date: 1/25/2008 4:48:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
TS is an integral part of HT. Whoever doesn't know/doesn't care to manage it should probably find another game to play.

Yes, that's why we all quit. Wasn't I clear about that?

It is entirely possible that I missed it. Still doesn't change the fact enthusiasm isn't going anywhere.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
8077.76 in reply to 8077.75
Date: 1/25/2008 4:52:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Don't be shocked if it undergoes a facelift.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Advertisement