Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
166665.67 in reply to 166665.66
Date: 12/21/2010 9:16:22 PM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
The perfect solution to the 5th place problem was in the suggestions like 3 seasons ago. The two 5th place teams play..the better record gets home court and 66% of the take. It seems like you guys are rehauling the engine when the car only needs it's oil changed. I hope this thread tells you BB's that this idea is just plain not needed...There are so many more problems and glitches in this game for you guys to fix and this wasn't even in the top 10....
Why not spend this time tuning up the game engine...I still have my players D'ing up my other players, How about this one..I got a rebound with 4 seconds left in the half and was called for a 24 second violation 2 seconds later...
Come on...you guys can do better than this...I hope.

This Post:
166665.70 in reply to 166665.68
Date: 12/22/2010 4:15:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
this is a redistribution of wealth to the lesser teams in the division.
I guess you figured it out. This outcome may not be a bad thing since there have been serial champions in a number of leagues and high playoff income for the winner may have played a role.
With the change there is also a small reduction of the benefits of tanking with the reduced TV income.

I always thought this was the drafts function.

I am still very unhappy with this change, like Yellow cake said there are many other things that would have a higher priority on the users wish list and the 5th place issue could have been solved with simpler methods...

This Post:
166665.71 in reply to 166665.67
Date: 12/22/2010 9:24:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This "solution" would certanly give more money to the 5th then to the team that loses the 1st playoffs round.

Maybe everyone should just wait and see how it goes,the BBs for sure thinked about more simple ways and yet this strange one was their choice,maybe it showed better results,but who knows,they could be all crazy doing funny stuff.

After the next offseason we and the BBs can see if it worked well,and yes the 5th place issue was big,finishing 5th maybe destroyed a lot of teams while finishing 6th was the s***.

This Post:
166665.72 in reply to 166665.70
Date: 12/22/2010 9:57:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I am still very unhappy with this change, like Yellow cake said there are many other things that would have a higher priority on the users wish list and the 5th place issue could have been solved with simpler methods...

You missed the point. This was not done to fix the 5th place issue. It is only a side effect.

I think I am starting to be on the side of this being a good change, now that I understand it more.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
166665.73 in reply to 166665.72
Date: 12/22/2010 10:12:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
One of the problems I see with the old system was that being good in a league was more or less a self-fulfilling prophecy: strong teams were able to advance further on in the playoffs, therefore had more income, therefore were able to afford more salary, therefore were able to have better players, therefore were able to maintain their relative strength.

This is a vicious circle, in which some teams are stuck in a "good" salary equilibrium, and others -- in a "bad" salary equilibrium.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
166665.75 in reply to 166665.74
Date: 12/22/2010 11:46:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree about the diagnosis, though I'm not sure much will change here at the top division level, since the longer BB (and no direct elimination) means more sustained income across the board for cup and league winners.

I disagree & after digesting the news think the following.

Although you get money for wins I would estimate the top 32 would need to go at least 6-2 possibly and I would imagine some 6-2 with poor point differences will be eliminated.

Considering by week 3 its normal to see 75% of BB3 teams eliminated, we should statistically see more injuries to the top teams as they are all playing 8 games. Replacing key injuries is likely to prove tough unless you have provisions & so I predict that we might end up (but hope we won't) with teams that after just 2-3 weeks know they are out of contention for qualifying and this will lead to many walkovers - why risk setting a line up when there is no upside other than a token $50k to win and the potential of a key injury? Also as soon as you know you can't qualify for the final 32, you can lighten your roster to what you require to compete on a domestic level only.

I think that the idea of the new structure is great but in reality there are likely to be a whole load of meaningless fixtures after the first 3-4 games have been played.

With group games as well there is always more chance of making pacts..... you CT him and I'll TIE then you go to beat him etc. You don't set a team so the maximum win is 25-0 whilst I'm confident of beating the Bahamian champs by at least 50.

All in all - I think that more bad from good will come from the change. We're moving from 1 variable (highest wage monsters trading clubs twice weekly) to a whole new can of worms with potential gamesmanship between managers.

This Post:
166665.76 in reply to 166665.68
Date: 12/22/2010 12:22:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this new CBA is attempting to address many issues. I maintain that its sketchy as to how much it will help. But I am willing to give it a chance. Now this is from an average level 3 manager. It seems those from the top have concerns also but that could be just the haves trying to protect what they already have.

I think I heard speak of "bigger issues" that need to be fixed. And then he went on to discuss a game engine glitch. Really? I don't notice these issues much and I watch every one of my games. An occasional glitch is nothing to get ones panties in a bunch over. Most of the time the game engine is right on.

A stacked economy, one that makes it impossible to rise to the top level, will kill interest in new players faster than anything else will. And maybe its not to that point yet but clearly it was a concern or we wouldn't have this fix in place.

I think a better solution does exist but so far I haven't seen one come across in this forum. But I am open to hear more of them.

This Post:
166665.77 in reply to 166665.75
Date: 12/22/2010 12:50:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree about the diagnosis, though I'm not sure much will change here at the top division level, since the longer BB (and no direct elimination) means more sustained income across the board for cup and league winners.

I disagree & after digesting the news think the following.

Although you get money for wins I would estimate the top 32 would need to go at least 6-2 possibly and I would imagine some 6-2 with poor point differences will be eliminated.

Considering by week 3 its normal to see 75% of BB3 teams eliminated, we should statistically see more injuries to the top teams as they are all playing 8 games. Replacing key injuries is likely to prove tough unless you have provisions & so I predict that we might end up (but hope we won't) with teams that after just 2-3 weeks know they are out of contention for qualifying and this will lead to many walkovers - why risk setting a line up when there is no upside other than a token $50k to win and the potential of a key injury? Also as soon as you know you can't qualify for the final 32, you can lighten your roster to what you require to compete on a domestic level only.

I think that the idea of the new structure is great but in reality there are likely to be a whole load of meaningless fixtures after the first 3-4 games have been played.

With group games as well there is always more chance of making pacts..... you CT him and I'll TIE then you go to beat him etc. You don't set a team so the maximum win is 25-0 whilst I'm confident of beating the Bahamian champs by at least 50.

All in all - I think that more bad from good will come from the change. We're moving from 1 variable (highest wage monsters trading clubs twice weekly) to a whole new can of worms with potential gamesmanship between managers.

Isnt this a bit off topic? I know the B3 changes are relevant to discussion, but this thread is about the changes to the salary in the postseason, isnt it? Though I find B3 slightly interesting, it is a function for less than 1% of the users. It is my understanding that this thread is about the 99.5% of the people effected by the non-B3 issues.

Advertisement