Suggestions > Better Training Method For SF

Better Training Method For SF

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
174785.67 in reply to 174785.66
Date: 3/10/2011 5:19:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don`t remember who said in this forum: The people that whant to change SF training are not the ones who are training SFs, are the one who are not trainig them and want to do it in the easy way.

I think it resumes it preaty well.

This Post:
174785.69 in reply to 174785.68
Date: 3/11/2011 5:26:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Exactly, I'm forced to put one of my guys at PG simply cause I can't train him at anything eficient in SF

This Post:
174785.71 in reply to 174785.70
Date: 3/11/2011 7:52:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was thinking of getting supporter exactly for this too. I have 3 players training to become a SF. As my trainees are my best players, even better than my players in the position of PG and SG, i was planing to let them play all toguether in PO. I have no idea of how it will work so i would like to experimient it before PO, the only way of doing it is in a private league if i don´t want to lose trainement before PO. Te problem is that i thik it can be a good surprise factor to go for PO with a team that my league have never seen, defensively the tree of them playing toguether as PG, SG and SF can be an inside and outside wall for my rivals. If i try this in PL it would not be a surprise cause they can see the mach, but if i don´t i will not know hoy the preform toguether. there should be an option to hide statistics when playing private league except for the private league members. Don´t you think so?

This Post:
174785.73 in reply to 174785.72
Date: 3/13/2011 10:18:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Since a lot of people seem to dislike the idea of an inside/outside defence training, how about an inside/outside scoring one. This would mean you could train your player say two seasons training at PG for OD/PA, then one at C for ID/RB, then you would be able to play him at SF to train one on one for DR/HA, Jumpshot for JS, and inside/outside for IS/JR.
This would allow you to get your player, and focus on his defence early on, as a lot of managers do anyway. Then at 21 you could actually play him at SF to get all his other skills up. In my opinion this would be a good compromise for both sides of the argument, as you would still have to train him out of position, but you would get him into his preferred position sooner.

This Post:
174785.74 in reply to 174785.73
Date: 3/13/2011 6:36:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Because he can increase his IS every 4 weeks with JS or 1n1 in SF-PF.

OD should change for SF's...

This Post:
174785.75 in reply to 174785.67
Date: 3/16/2011 2:14:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm training SFs and I don't want to change it.

Maybe if we stopped thinking strictly in terms of positions, that would help? Instead of saying "I have to play my SF at PG!" we can say "I gave my player duties he wouldn't normally assume, in order to make him better at them."

You don't build players to fit into positional molds. It's the other way around.

This Post:
174785.76 in reply to 174785.75
Date: 3/23/2011 7:19:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What surprised me most at BB is that 6'6 6'7 guys didn't have any advantage over 5'9 guys in their individual match ups. All discussions about it lead to people stubbornly giving a rebounding example from the manual for 7 footers, blindly disregarding that I'm talking about 6'6-6'8 guys who dominate the game in the real world.
There's no 'quickness', 'strength' skills which could balance things out a little. No 'athleticism' which is a skill that could favour 6'6-6'8 guys.
But of course, if someone bites the bullet and spends 6-8 seasons nurturing a guy, it WOULD be unfair to render it useless the next season. So I would suggest at least 3-4 season announcement prior to change.
But then what are we doing for 3 seasons?
The solution could be another couple of skills that would be faster to train the closer the height is to 6'7. i.e. vertical leap that could translate into JS and RB.
and maybe that would be enough..

Athleticism training for SFs, Wingmen, Forwards or Team or maybe skip Forwards.

This could be implemented straight away (as soon as GE work out). giving all 6'7 guys initial respectable AT(lethicism) and so on to 5'9 and 7'6 atrocious AT.

Last edited by thylacine at 3/23/2011 7:42:36 AM

This Post:
174785.77 in reply to 174785.76
Date: 3/23/2011 8:40:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
there is a big difference, in training speed, and also the code consider the size in creating the initial skills.

And in low level competitions, it isn't that unusual that small guy dominates also the boards. i am also relativ small person, but i was the biggest in class(1.95/6"5), and you don't want me to play outside the post at least in the offense cause i have no shot and also my first step isn't the fastest but i know how to get position, had a feeling how the ball bounces off and to use my elbows and could compete with bigger guys ;) Ok i was far away from beeing professional, but i believe in the german top division, the top rebounder of the last 4 seasons was measured 1.85cm and i shake hand 2-3 times with him and would say he is even 5cm shorter then this. Yeah we also have big guys, and he got the nick "mr. incredible" and most of the post player in the BBl are big but the same goes for buzzerbeater(and the player get smaller in average in the lower leagues, in the post)
But great players are much easier to design with the right size, and this counts also for Buzzerbeater.

The solution could be another couple of skills that would be faster to train the closer the height is to 6'7. i.e. vertical leap that could translate into JS and RB.

leaping is normally a stuff, the small guys could be better, and your system works exactly like the system today ;)

Last edited by CrazyEye at 3/23/2011 8:55:49 AM

Advertisement