BB Global (English) > Economy

Economy (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
152075.69 in reply to 152075.66
Date: 7/21/2010 1:34:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In any market there are always traders. You either live with it or you stay out of the market. Of course, the latter tends to make life difficult. I am not saying it is impossible, I have seen teams do it. Just difficult.

Your view reminds me of my mother-in-law who refuses to move, because she knows person x bought house y for a really cheap price 15 years ago. Of course, prices have changed a lot since then and person x has probably made a killing. But even so, why would you keep living in the ghetto if you have the money to get out? Can't you just be happy for person x and move on?

On the other hand, if you are me you would probably find more success from staying out of the market, but that is a completely different story.

Finally, if we take this comparison a little bit further, the BB economy at the moment resembles some 3rd world economy that just can't get it right. It is like a country that had 100% inflation for one year, followed by one year of 200% deflation. Yes, in this kind of economy there will be winners and losers and in the end we will probably all be ok. But wouldn't the preference be to just have a constant, small inflation, so everyone can get a handle on the market and figure things out? At the moment I am just completely confused and have no idea where the market is going next, and really no enthusiasm to try and figure it out.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
152075.70 in reply to 152075.68
Date: 7/21/2010 2:07:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But what do you suggest? Raise income of all big user country divisions? Lower income for smaller country (exponentially ofcourse depending on country size)? If you raise the income for example Italy divIII to the same level as Thai divI. That would mean Italy divI would be really over the top looking at Thai divI. In that case there is no point of having B3 any more (as the great players can only be owned by big country's divI teams). I'm just saying that for every division there is somewhat of a income cap.
You are always saying that people steal good players infront of you, because they have more income, but they steal the same players from your leaguemates and even if you could get those players, you can not withstand their salary (if you could get anyone you want). I'm just saying nomatter how much you raise the bar you still cap out at some point. We can not force the game to be "big country only" as that would be the only way to the top. Laim has shown that you can be the best team even from the big country.

Last edited by Kukoc at 7/21/2010 2:09:19 PM

This Post:
152075.71 in reply to 152075.70
Date: 7/21/2010 2:37:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
BB economy has a huge structural problem,the financial equilibrium would exist if all the country of the game would have a certain size to fit the first III divisons;with this size,almost all the country would have some competitive leagues,and in this way almost all the countries would have a similar economical situation(close to 0or to +50k,or evrybody else BBs established)
The real solution would be to create regional leagues for the countries that are not able to reach a certain size,for example if you put all the african countries in one league,you would have over 150 users instead of an average of 20 users for nation,with all the things related
This decision,that would be right,would read to revolution many things of the game,as the question of the national teams to solve

But,at this point,I think is too late to made a similar decision
At this point,the BBs had to decide if listen the problems of great part of the players,who had to afford a real competition in the more competitive and biger countries,or of a little part of the users that are advantaged by the actual situation but play in boring leagues with few competitivity.
Till now,the users of the greater countries were always penalized,hoping that the situation of disequilibrium could solve with the time,but we have seen that in the main number of cases is impossible
So the only solution that could be a little more fair to everyone,is to reward more the competitivity than with the actual TV contract and merchandising system,because potentially every team of every country has the possibility to improve and so lead his country to have greater incomes.Actually,this solution would help surely the main part of the users of the bigger countries,but would not to be impossible for the users of small countries to close the gap.Surely the incomes of the smaller countries hadn't to be diminuished,but the incomes of the more competitive countries has to increase,especially for the teams of the middle divisions of these countries(the difference in the I divisions all over the world,as you can see from TV contracts,is closing up with a good speed)

This Post:
152075.72 in reply to 152075.71
Date: 7/21/2010 4:44:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Economy... I will ask you just one question... when I sold player for "too high" price then BB take money from me because they want to make balance in economy. Ok, I understand that. But what happen when I sell player bellow any logical and acceptable price???? Why BB dont give me some milion more to balance that too?

Yes, I have sold few days ago center with 160k salary for 1,6 million!!!! Player who bought that center has sold his 80k center for 1,8 million and then buy my center cheaper! Player who had 10+ less primary skills has been sold cheaper!

This is just one example! Last season I have offer 9 million for one player, this season I cant sell him for 7 million!

Economy in BB is terrible! There is not balance in any way!

This Post:
152075.73 in reply to 152075.1
Date: 7/21/2010 5:54:21 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Well I want to have 1 ball again Very nice idea the introduction of the balls :p
I repeat what I've written some posts above. If there is a "natural" trend I don't see any trouble, the real problem is when the price goes up and down because someone decides something wrong in the salary, in tv, in merchandising or in forecast about new players. I'm 100% sure that a lot of people is waiting the hands of the BBs to put their players on the market. If they know for sure that this trend will not change, they will be forced since now to put their players on the TL. In Italy the opinion is that today is better to wait, from my side if I sell now a player at 4m I'd like to not see any intervention cause this intervention will devaluate the money. And that's the second point, even if I'm able to sell someone at 4m I risk a lot taking in bank these moneys, very bad situation.

Some words of BBs should be apprechiate here, we can't continue after 13 season to not be able to sell or buy cause we are worried about a possibile your decision. I want to change my roster but is impossible cause the market is frozen but consider that if now you put more money in the system you will give a big penalty to the teams that are selling someone in these days.

Last considerations about economy...
1) merchandising is horrible, you can't give money to people that was lucky in the draft
2) a drafted was sold at 6m, what did the previous owner to have a gift of 6m? Once again he was lucky

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
152075.76 in reply to 152075.74
Date: 7/21/2010 6:14:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont have much to say on the economy in general, just one thing I dont like in this game:

Actually it does not make sense - from a managers point of view - to train one of those salary behemoths because the price-performance ratio is appalling. Those players are dumped on a regular basis and sold for prices you can expect to buy a better than average trainee for!

Any1 remember the record price Real Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo? They made more than those 93 million €uro in the frist year (!!!) only by selling his jerseys - the increase in merchandise revenue for the best players in this game is a few 10k per week, thats ridiculous and something has to be done here...

To: red
This Post:
152075.78 in reply to 152075.77
Date: 7/21/2010 9:53:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
as many of your posts are , very well said, and very true.

the funny thing is though what there asking for wont change anything at all, the teams there against would get the same increase in revenue and make upgrades as well , so while there team would improve so would all the other teams leaving them back where they started asking for more money.

the solution is to better manage your teams.

la kukoc has been saying the same thing this whole thread and while he comes across quite rude sometimes it doesnt change the fact his correct on most things, with this being one of them.
your only against the teams in your league , forget all the other teams , find what you need to improve your team in to exploit the league your in. better manage your team.

the only real problem in the economy is the wild swings in inflation and deflation it has from season to season, one season an 18 yr old mvp trainee is worth 2 mil , a team tanks in hope of hitting that jackpot, the team gets the mvp to find the market is in deflation and he is now only worth 500k. that is clearly unfair and is really the only thing that needs stablising

This Post:
152075.79 in reply to 152075.74
Date: 7/21/2010 11:53:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Daytrading is a quick way to success, also few teams in Estonia have built their empire buying and selling.
Although I was technically a day trader, if you look at all of the teams buying my players they were all DIV 2, 3 and 4 teams for the most part, i.e., teams with far more experience than I had.
You assume that every manager who has started before you is more experienced. When I first started playing I asked few things in the Estonian forums. Some of the answers I got were so off base that I had to start reading the english forums and reserching things by myself. Even now I sometimes get amazed by some questions that are being asked in the forums, by managers that have made it into divII. These are not advanced questions, they are basic questions, things you should know after playing atleast 2 seasons. These teams have been here from season 3. With a lot of income and not enough knowledge you make bad decisions constantly. In Estonia, with userbase growing those managers have been pushed down to lower leagues with no chance to promote again.
So all I wanted to say is: it does not mean divII or 6 seasons of playing time does not equal experienced manager. My first transfers were also based on salary and DMI. But those 6k salary players were enough to win in divIV anyway, so no real harm done in my first season.

Advertisement