Date: 7/9/2008 12:44:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
now a days its really hard, money is making this game complicated hahaha

maybe as much as im winning i think i suck at making money for my team

This Post:
38491.8 in reply to 38491.7
Date: 7/9/2008 9:46:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Unfortunately Kozlodoev is correct. The ONLY way to compete in this game is to train and sell players, which I think really sucks. Those of us who tried a different path are way behind now, with very little chance to catch up. And, it is also readily apparent that having a well-rounded team is not better than having a few superstars.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
38491.9 in reply to 38491.8
Date: 7/10/2008 2:06:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Looking at the kozlodoevs team roster looks like his tackticks is not right..:P

But anyway I think kozlodoev if far better manager than other GMs, so I would definately vote for him as a GM because his opinions is very good.....other users are just talking and talking but kozlodoev will allways give an good explanation and he knows realy a lot of this game!!!

respect man!!!:)

Last edited by Ragans at 7/10/2008 2:11:53 AM

This Post:
38491.10 in reply to 38491.1
Date: 7/10/2008 3:53:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Most users train Guards!!!

This Post:
38491.11 in reply to 38491.1
Date: 7/10/2008 4:30:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
same problem with guards... I have been looking for weeks for a guard with a simple double strong in OD and JS, respectable JR and no atrocious in the main secondary skills and I can tell they are really rare... and the few available sell for over 1 million.

I think that at this moment in time the transfer market should have many more of these players.

This Post:
38491.12 in reply to 38491.11
Date: 7/10/2008 9:23:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think the way as this goes is

the one who can train a extra fifth player among the normal is 4 or usually we only train 2 guys per position but who can really train an extra and develops him and sell him would really have the best chance in keeping ahead with everyone.

right now, im thinking we need another 2-4 seasons till we see significant talents for guards.

the problem right now is, though we have this market value estimate from previous sales, there has top be a way to help new guys understand a game, there was this one time i was looking for a 3 rd stringer backup and i found a 31 year old. i wasnt expecting him to even reach 150k that time im thinking 100k would be too much for this guy. then suddenly from out of nowhere there is this one guy who paid 250k for that guy!

shock as i was, i bbmail him and try to explain his actions could hurt him in the long run for his team and he answered that his sorry he doesnt know his just new and he needed help in his lineup!

anyways whether its true or not i dont care, but if his new then its a learning experience but it really really makes the market susceptible to a lot of ups and down. i knew someone who i dont is lucky enough to had bought a talent for less than 1 million but his price tag is around 1.6 million, but others who are just 1.4 million baloon to 2.2 million!

its crazy!

This Post:
38491.13 in reply to 38491.11
Date: 7/10/2008 10:30:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Newton, I have a guard like this.. and it says - "Transfer Price Estimate: Very few players like José Refugio Carreón have been transferred recently."

He's not even that good. (yet)
Jump Shot: strong Jump Range: respectable
Outside Def.: strong Handling: mediocre
Driving: average Passing: mediocre
(he's also 18 so I guess that makes him more valuable)

So yea, they are really rare. It is one of the reasons why I chose to train guards, much easier to buy your inside players.

I would have a really hard time paying a million for this player.

This Post:
38491.14 in reply to 38491.13
Date: 7/11/2008 9:19:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If your player had a high potential level, I might not think twice in paying 1 million (depending on his other skills).

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
38491.15 in reply to 38491.12
Date: 7/12/2008 9:15:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the problem right now is, though we have this market value estimate from previous sales, there has top be a way to help new guys understand a game, there was this one time i was looking for a 3 rd stringer backup and i found a 31 year old. i wasnt expecting him to even reach 150k that time im thinking 100k would be too much for this guy. then suddenly from out of nowhere there is this one guy who paid 250k for that guy!

shock as i was, i bbmail him and try to explain his actions could hurt him in the long run for his team and he answered that his sorry he doesnt know his just new and he needed help in his lineup!

well...

there are 2 types of players here in BB. 1 type realy dislikes 30yr old players and older, the other type pays more intrest in performance on the court.
It is obvious the first group wouldn't want to spen 100k on an old chap, while they other group look more at the value of a player based on it's performance.

When I started out I had a 32 yr old in my team, and he was my best player. Actually I can say he won me my championship my first full season when he was 33. Now this season I sold the guy at 35 for 99k, and at the moment he was worth more, based on his statistics. I used him as starter in all cup games this season until I sold him, and he never let me down. Based on that he made me more then 100k in those games he played.

Ofcourse nobody should buy a 30 yr old for a trainingposition, but then, you shouldn't buy any player older then 23 either...
So any player who is 25 up to 28 is sold for more money then a 30 yr old, why? I don't rely know, because they won't train too well, and if their skills are equal they're not likely to play better either...

If you buy a 31 yr old for 250k he will have decent skills. If you use him for 5 years, which is very possible, it's just 50k a year, while he can win you games where a younger (read 26 yr old or so) for the same money can not!! Winning games means extra money, and far more then 50k each season.

I might be one of the rare managers here in BB, but to me a 26 yr old isn't any better then a 31 yr old, so if I need a player for a position I do not want to train, I will more likely buy a 30 yr old, because you get a player who is a LOT better for the same money as when I'd buy a 24 or 26 yr old!
For a position which is to be trained I prefer to buy no older then 21...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38491.16 in reply to 38491.15
Date: 7/12/2008 12:56:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are so right... I train guards and I have 19, 19, 20, 20 years old trainees... but for the other positions, like C or PF, I prefer more experienced guys, so on my rooster you'll find guys in their 30ies... and they are good on the court, and also they have high exp. level

Message deleted
Advertisement