BB Global (English) > The Great Micro-nation Debate

The Great Micro-nation Debate

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
278268.73 in reply to 278268.32
Date: 4/9/2016 4:52:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Perhaps just regional 'cups'/tournaments? Like the European Champions League, or Copa America.

Maintain the local communities but give a more competitive cup to aim for.

Like the Senegalese guy's suggestion that high-pot draftees are maintained - not sure on how that would balance out though!

This Post:
278268.74 in reply to 278268.72
Date: 4/9/2016 6:20:47 PM
Súria Lakers
IV.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Súria Lakers II
Andorra is not near to any of these countries nor speak/write in the same language. In fact, we're working well in Andorra with our NT, so I can't imagine that is necessary for 'us' (putting me inside of Andorra for being NT Coach...). Our record is now 5-1 with possibilities to achieve 6-2 and classificate high enough to win one-two games in next round. Something never made before.

This measure will only make more people leave the game.

I repeat... why is this merging-countries idea necessary for BB? I can't even see it!

PKT desde la Temporada 4

Para ver la imagen en mayor tamaño:
(https://i.postimg.cc/mDhxMLDX/e3700169252f336ab3c187ad4773...)
This Post:
278268.77 in reply to 278268.75
Date: 4/9/2016 7:22:15 PM
Hip Hop Macedonia
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Since it's inevitable that the topic of groupings will continuously pop up, here's what we're thinking at the current time:

Balkans
Albania
Montenegro
Macedonia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IiHRSBAMwU

It's more funnier.. "Great Albania" is one of those ridiculous topics which is discussed in REAL LIFE in the f*cking politics. This is the nearest point to that. And it's so wrong.

The groupings have been chosen based on languages, culture, time zones and number of users/managers.

Is this guy serious..

Do you even EVER LISTEN Macedonian speaks and Albanian speaks?

This. Is. Absurd.
I can't even..

I'm out. I'm done with this forum. If this happened it'll be wrong on so many levels.

Peace.

This Post:
278268.78 in reply to 278268.70
Date: 4/9/2016 7:23:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just merge them and let them keep their flags. They don't want to merge because they want easy cash and training. They are going to keep fighting and fighting. No one wants to give up money. Let them keep their current teams and sort them by WR.

If your country is really that great show it in that merge league. Make your goal as a country to beat all of those other countries. You basically get to represent your country in this league. If you don't like the other countries then beat them and don't lose to them. And all those micros managers that meet in person, wouldn't it be fun to help game plan with your friends? Wouldn't it be fun to show that you are a better country by having a bunch of teams in the top league? You'd have even more to talk about at these discussions. Competition will only make you a better manager.

BB needs help to make it competive and micros aren't helping. In micros it's too easy to earn money and tank. You guys can hoard cash and tank unlike these big countries. You guys have an unfair advantage. Yea there is a salary floor but they still make more money. I've been tanking and can't rack up the money that these micros can. They can hop back and fourth between D1/D2 making money. Us bigger countries can't do that. BB should be about all competition. And by merging it would create competition and stop some of the tanking. Let's make BB great again!

Last edited by Oreo Dunker at 4/9/2016 7:24:23 PM

To: RiP
This Post:
278268.79 in reply to 278268.75
Date: 4/9/2016 8:03:12 PM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:

Balkans
Albania
Montenegro
Macedonia

LOL that's a bad idea

This Post:
278268.80 in reply to 278268.79
Date: 4/9/2016 8:12:54 PM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
If this is going to be implemented than there would have to be some more complex solution. You can't just glue nations together.

For example, merging Balkan could go something like this:

Div I Adriatic league

Then form lower divs based on number of users per country

Montenegro, Macedonia,Albania
1 Div II
2 Div IIIs

Serbia
4 Div IIs
16 Div IIIs

Croatia,Bosnia&Herzegovina
3 Div IIs
12 Div IIIs

That's about 1k users

Promotion system would obviously have to be changed somehow to fit this.

This Post:
278268.81 in reply to 278268.80
Date: 4/9/2016 8:21:53 PM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Genarally what I tried to propose in my previous post is to decrease the number of Div Is, but also keep national leagues.

So basically group nations in let's say 15 groups of 1k users at least. The top division should be shared, and lower divisions national.

To: RiP
This Post:
278268.82 in reply to 278268.81
Date: 4/9/2016 8:53:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Only because one nation exists next to another nation, they don´t like each other compulsorily. And there are different stages of "don´t like" - USA-Canada or Netherlands-Germany for example - lots of cliches, but still works. UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan and India in one group on the other hand.... I seriously don´t envy the Mod of this future League-forums.

To put it all in a nutshell: Before even thinking about a merge, u should investigate, which nations u CANNOT merge for political, historical or cultural reasons. Watching ur suggestion, I don´t think u´ve done this (for more than 5 minutes, at least), and because of this, there is no arguable basis.

No offense intended...

Advertisement