BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Let's Get BB Publicized!

Let's Get BB Publicized!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
96748.72 in reply to 96748.58
Date: 1/11/2010 6:07:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
On your blog your saying: ''Another thing that had me hooked is the playoff system at the end of the season. In most of these manager games, championships are based only upon regular season record, as is more common in Europe.'' Thats false. Europe has play offs on basketball on the domestic leagues at least. What we dont have is the divisions. Euroleague have final four, but to get there you need again to be on the play offs.

We dont have play offs for football (soccer for the Americans)

Edit: An other mistake: Recommended positions are changing with certain skills development. Not once in a season

Overall nice work/try

Last edited by JohnnyB at 1/11/2010 6:16:57 AM

This Post:
96748.73 in reply to 96748.72
Date: 1/11/2010 9:50:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
On your blog your saying: ''Another thing that had me hooked is the playoff system at the end of the season. In most of these manager games, championships are based only upon regular season record, as is more common in Europe.'' Thats false. Europe has play offs on basketball on the domestic leagues at least. What we dont have is the divisions. Euroleague have final four, but to get there you need again to be on the play offs.

He said "more common", not "only".

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
96748.74 in reply to 96748.73
Date: 1/11/2010 10:22:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Again is false. I dont know any league in Europe that doesnt have play offs. Even my small country(just 700-800k) with very little interest for basketball we have play offs.

This Post:
96748.75 in reply to 96748.74
Date: 1/11/2010 10:31:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Again is false. I dont know any league in Europe that doesnt have play offs. Even my small country(just 700-800k) with very little interest for basketball we have play offs.

It's MORE COMMON in Europe to have no playoffs in SPORTS

NO ONE said there weren't playoffs in basketball.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Message deleted
This Post:
96748.77 in reply to 96748.75
Date: 1/14/2010 11:58:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Appreciate the feedback, but Juice is exactly right. EVERY team sports league in the United States (except for Division 1-A college football, and even they have a 1-game championship "playoff") has a playoff. Even some of the individual sports (PGA Tour, Nascar) are adding them. And in college football, everyone without a financial interest in the current system is clamoring to have one. Given that a large majority of my readership is American, they might be totally perplexed by any sports league not having a playoff to decide it's champion. The implication was simply that, in all sports in general, the idea of deciding a team champion based on the regular season record is a wholly European idea.

The blog isn't about buzzerbeater, it's about online manager games. Many (or most) manager games decide champions based on regular season record, and it might have partially to do with ease of programming, but it also has to do with the fact that most of these games are run by Europeans, where this is a MORE familiar system.

To an American reader (as Juice demonstrates) this makes a lot of sense. Not to be egocentric about it, but that's just where most of my readership has been from.

Hope that clears it up, and again thanks for the feedback. Didn't know positions updated throughout the year, because I guess I only notice them after the season change. :-)

This Post:
96748.78 in reply to 96748.77
Date: 1/16/2010 6:21:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Appreciate the feedback, but Juice is exactly right. EVERY team sports league in the United States (except for Division 1-A college football, and even they have a 1-game championship "playoff") has a playoff. Even some of the individual sports (PGA Tour, Nascar) are adding them. And in college football, everyone without a financial interest in the current system is clamoring to have one. Given that a large majority of my readership is American, they might be totally perplexed by any sports league not having a playoff to decide it's champion. The implication was simply that, in all sports in general, the idea of deciding a team champion based on the regular season record is a wholly European idea.

The blog isn't about buzzerbeater, it's about online manager games. Many (or most) manager games decide champions based on regular season record, and it might have partially to do with ease of programming, but it also has to do with the fact that most of these games are run by Europeans, where this is a MORE familiar system.

To an American reader (as Juice demonstrates) this makes a lot of sense. Not to be egocentric about it, but that's just where most of my readership has been from.

Hope that clears it up, and again thanks for the feedback. Didn't know positions updated throughout the year, because I guess I only notice them after the season change. :-)

I`m not so sure if every country in Europe have PO then we talk about basketball, but for sure most of them. Football is the sport that most of the time does not have any kind off PO, but for this reason each country is running few kinds of CUPs.

I really do not imagine basketball league without PO in the end of season to decide who is the champion.

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
This Post:
96748.79 in reply to 96748.78
Date: 3/1/2010 9:01:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Most of the European Volleyball Championships have playoffs, too.

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Advertisement