BB Global (English) > Economy

Economy (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
152075.76 in reply to 152075.74
Date: 7/21/2010 6:14:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont have much to say on the economy in general, just one thing I dont like in this game:

Actually it does not make sense - from a managers point of view - to train one of those salary behemoths because the price-performance ratio is appalling. Those players are dumped on a regular basis and sold for prices you can expect to buy a better than average trainee for!

Any1 remember the record price Real Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo? They made more than those 93 million €uro in the frist year (!!!) only by selling his jerseys - the increase in merchandise revenue for the best players in this game is a few 10k per week, thats ridiculous and something has to be done here...

To: red
This Post:
152075.78 in reply to 152075.77
Date: 7/21/2010 9:53:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
as many of your posts are , very well said, and very true.

the funny thing is though what there asking for wont change anything at all, the teams there against would get the same increase in revenue and make upgrades as well , so while there team would improve so would all the other teams leaving them back where they started asking for more money.

the solution is to better manage your teams.

la kukoc has been saying the same thing this whole thread and while he comes across quite rude sometimes it doesnt change the fact his correct on most things, with this being one of them.
your only against the teams in your league , forget all the other teams , find what you need to improve your team in to exploit the league your in. better manage your team.

the only real problem in the economy is the wild swings in inflation and deflation it has from season to season, one season an 18 yr old mvp trainee is worth 2 mil , a team tanks in hope of hitting that jackpot, the team gets the mvp to find the market is in deflation and he is now only worth 500k. that is clearly unfair and is really the only thing that needs stablising

This Post:
152075.79 in reply to 152075.74
Date: 7/21/2010 11:53:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Daytrading is a quick way to success, also few teams in Estonia have built their empire buying and selling.
Although I was technically a day trader, if you look at all of the teams buying my players they were all DIV 2, 3 and 4 teams for the most part, i.e., teams with far more experience than I had.
You assume that every manager who has started before you is more experienced. When I first started playing I asked few things in the Estonian forums. Some of the answers I got were so off base that I had to start reading the english forums and reserching things by myself. Even now I sometimes get amazed by some questions that are being asked in the forums, by managers that have made it into divII. These are not advanced questions, they are basic questions, things you should know after playing atleast 2 seasons. These teams have been here from season 3. With a lot of income and not enough knowledge you make bad decisions constantly. In Estonia, with userbase growing those managers have been pushed down to lower leagues with no chance to promote again.
So all I wanted to say is: it does not mean divII or 6 seasons of playing time does not equal experienced manager. My first transfers were also based on salary and DMI. But those 6k salary players were enough to win in divIV anyway, so no real harm done in my first season.

This Post:
152075.80 in reply to 152075.78
Date: 7/22/2010 1:48:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the only real problem in the economy is the wild swings in inflation and deflation it has from season to season, one season an 18 yr old mvp trainee is worth 2 mil , a team tanks in hope of hitting that jackpot, the team gets the mvp to find the market is in deflation and he is now only worth 500k. that is clearly unfair and is really the only thing that needs stablising

That I think is the problem. Currently the prices are so low, that yesterday a 50k salary allround SG (with ID at 9 and other skills) just for 2M. And theres a guy which in our league sold all his players. so not only he will get 1st pick, but he will have somwhat 400k+ in a week until the end of season, which is OK I think, but not with the current TL - for such money, in one season being passive, you can buy 2 well rounded player and relegation isnt that much of a disadvantage, as he will regroup and come back stronger. Dont get me wrong. I have no wories about myself, couse I have plan and am consistently following it and if there is better manager, let it be. But if you can buy 1-2 well rounded players jus because the drop down in TL I think is wrong. What kind of motivation is to train player 5-6 seasons and getting the money that a guy doing literrally nothing, gets in a season? I like training system in BB. I really do - I think it is one of the most interesting parts in the game, but for extra work, you should get extra money.

This Post:
152075.81 in reply to 152075.80
Date: 7/22/2010 2:10:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And theres a guy which in our league sold all his players. so not only he will get 1st pick, but he will have somwhat 400k+ in a week until the end of season, which is OK I think, but not with the current TL - for such money, in one season being passive, you can buy 2 well rounded player and relegation isnt that much of a disadvantage, as he will regroup and come back stronger. Dont get me wrong. I have no wories about myself, couse I have plan and am consistently following it and if there is better manager, let it be.
Your thinking is flawed here, with prices down, the first pick is not really a moneymaker. Also as the arena revenue is a bigger factor, going down one level will hurt his income more than anything. If you want to train a player for 5-6 seasons, why do you want to sell him? Like I have said before, you should train for your own team (it's not practical to train those Legend pot players fully 5-6 seasons, unless you want a NT starter), if you train for TL, then I would say 5-6 seasons is too much. Training for TL more than a season per player is a waste of money and time. Buying those 18 yo high pot players for 2-3mil seems pointless, unless you want to shape him into your team member and to be honest, you should get players with pot that you can keep at your income level.

This Post:
152075.82 in reply to 152075.80
Date: 7/22/2010 2:14:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

That I think is the problem. Currently the prices are so low, that yesterday a 50k salary allround SG (with ID at 9 and other skills) just for 2M. And theres a guy which in our league sold all his players. so not only he will get 1st pick, but he will have somwhat 400k+ in a week until the end of season, which is OK I think, but not with the current TL - for such money, in one season being passive, you can buy 2 well rounded player and relegation isnt that much of a disadvantage, as he will regroup and come back stronger. Dont get me wrong. I have no wories about myself, couse I have plan and am consistently following it and if there is better manager, let it be. But if you can buy 1-2 well rounded players jus because the drop down in TL I think is wrong. What kind of motivation is to train player 5-6 seasons and getting the money that a guy doing literrally nothing, gets in a season? I like training system in BB. I really do - I think it is one of the most interesting parts in the game, but for extra work, you should get extra money.

I think this post sums up the problem better than the disparity between Italy II. and Japan I. and USA V. etc

Sadly now, any new big change in the economy will have too big an impact on certain teams (either positive or negative) so I fear this is it.

I just hope that training returns dont cause managers to lose interest and that teams dont go inactive temporarily for a season or so because they work out this could be a shorter path to building more cash reserves.

This Post:
152075.83 in reply to 152075.82
Date: 7/22/2010 2:23:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it will become a common strategy in the future. Sort of like rebuilding, only refinancing. There is currently one team doing it in Thailand. When he decides to spend his nest egg, he will be unbeatable for a number of seasons. It will be my best option in about two seasons because my players are no longer valuable on the TL, although they are very good players with very low salaries. I don't think I will go that way, opting instead to try a new experiment when my team finally gets too old to take the floor.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
152075.84 in reply to 152075.81
Date: 7/22/2010 2:29:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your thinking is flawed here. Perhaps having a high potential player (one that can be trained so that his skills are higher than the skills of a lower potential player) on your team will help you win ball games. Perhaps training to sell and use the profits to buy older better players is a good strategy. Perhaps buying a player for 60k and training him for 3 seasons so you can sell him for 1million isn't a waste of time. Your idea of how to manage is just one way to go, not the right way or the only way.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
Advertisement