BB Global (English) > Plans for isolation + Box and 1

Plans for isolation + Box and 1

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
169813.74 in reply to 169813.73
Date: 1/23/2011 11:18:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I even looked the word up in the dictionary to be sure to get the right meaning.

This Post:
169813.76 in reply to 169813.75
Date: 1/23/2011 7:04:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Cat fights get boring.

BBs, if you're listening (reading), I'd really love the implementation of real basketball tactics.

There may be reasons of which I am unaware that prevent such tactics and influence the implementation of the recent ones and, if this is so, I apologise. If it is not, I do hope that you listen to real basketball players, coaches, fans, etc.

peace out -Axis

Message deleted
This Post:
169813.78 in reply to 169813.76
Date: 1/23/2011 8:44:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What do you mean by real basketball tactics? All of the current tactics are certainly used in real basketball, with the possible exception of the inside box and 1, which I suppose was necessary to keep options more or less equal for the inside / outside focus.

So, what are you getting at? You want even more new tactical choices? Personally, I think there are plenty for now, what with the implementation of four (4!) new tactics.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
169813.79 in reply to 169813.78
Date: 1/23/2011 10:43:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you want to be technical, none of the current tactics are used for a full game. Even with RNG this could mean anything in a basketball game and, in real basketball, there are dozens of tactics that are based on this style of play. The Spurs play it this year and Phoenix played it last year (and may be attempting to do so this year). But, within RNG there are loads of different kinds of tactics available (which position will be the trailer, which style of cuts to the basket, how many screens are set etc etc). It is a style of play not a tactic.

Isolation certainly is a real basketball tactic. Philadelphia ran it for years with Iverson (bless him). Outside/Inside isolation isn't. And defensive isolation or Box and 1, most definitely isn't.

Yes, I would love more tactics. That would make it a tactical basketball game. That way, if one were to use their deep basketball knowledge, they might be able to have a roster less expensive than others yet still manage to pull off the odd victorious season, as is what happens in real basketball.

This being said, I understand that the developers have limitations. I'm really not wanting to argue, I'm more wanting to see this game turn into a more awesome experience. I hope BBs take note of their supporters.

This Post:
169813.80 in reply to 169813.79
Date: 1/24/2011 6:46:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Even with RNG this could mean anything in a basketball game and, in real basketball, there are dozens of tactics that are based on this style of play.

but they are all Jumpshot based with taking early Shots and the fast break ;) And yes the coach make the style fit for your team, so it is quite realistic for a "simple" game.

Isolation certainly is a real basketball tactic. Philadelphia ran it for years with Iverson (bless him). Outside/Inside isolation isn't. And defensive isolation or Box and 1, most definitely isn't.

they are also different styles of isolations, also different styles how to act after the play start. And you also don't play it the whole game.

And defensive isolation or Box and 1, most definitely isn't.

defensiv isolation is something i really don't know, and no idea where you get it ;) Also inside Box and one is somethin i never seen.
. But the outside Box and one is really a strategy, even when it is rarely used and not for a full game. Especially when you only accept tactics, who have little difference in styles ;)

This Post:
169813.81 in reply to 169813.80
Date: 1/24/2011 7:04:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Show me somewhere, anywhere that a team plays box and one.

but they are all Jumpshot based with taking early Shots and the fast break ;) And yes the coach make the style fit for your team, so it is quite realistic for a "simple" game.

Again, nope, they are not all jump shot based. Some are drive based (i.e. layups) and others are get into into the post quickly based (for faster big guys). And, yet others are run plays quickly based, which can lead to various kinds of field gold attempts, not just jump shots.

This Post:
169813.82 in reply to 169813.81
Date: 1/24/2011 7:15:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
layups and inside shots also happen with the run and gun here, but normally teams who play run and gun take lot of jumpers else i would call it a different strategy ;) This argument from you would fit better fr the motion offense, which often looks for the layup first and also have the patient to search them.

And i saw it on professionaell level one or twice the box, but even when it is rare or nearly never used it is stil a strategy. A PC with 486 pprozcessor is still a PC, even when you won't see him in action often or not?

Last edited by CrazyEye at 1/24/2011 7:21:54 AM

This Post:
169813.83 in reply to 169813.82
Date: 1/24/2011 7:23:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe you are right (remember this moment ).

Yes, a 486 is still a PC, but would you put it in your business? Or would you prefer a Core-I7 with 16gb of ram, a series of ssd hard drives, as well as a 2TB hard drive, along with two 6970s in crossfire? Or you could go an amd 955, with a 5770 for value... Still want your 486? ;)

Advertisement