Date: 12/31/2011 11:10:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would have if I had had more time, next season! :D

This Post:
200798.75 in reply to 200798.72
Date: 12/31/2011 11:14:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Great writeups Coach Coach and Headless T Gunner! :D

Okay im taking suggestions on what to do next! Right now im planning on: A quick top 10 like PMurphy17 suggested, a Where are they Now on the teams that promoted last season, and then playoff writeups, come the playoffs of course :P

Any other requests?

This Post:
200798.76 in reply to 200798.75
Date: 1/6/2012 3:09:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Pursuit of Perfection Update!] (This time with interviews!)

III.1
Team Dragon(24900)
4 games later and Team Dragon has done nothing, but destroy 4 more opponents. I caught up with manager, Team Dragon, after their latest game, a 135-58 win over Dunking Pancakes.

Bballin: "So you have been in this very league since you started BB in season 10. What is different this season?"

Team Dragon: "Well this season I figured out that I forgot to unhook the dragon from the chains every game. It really helps. Especially when it just goes and eats fans and opponents. Then my opponents stop making revenue because fans are too scarred to show up to a game and the teams must sell their star players. I get easy wins. "

Bballin: *rips up III.1 season tickets*

III.4
Van Cougars(33301)
4 wins later Van Cougars are still on the PoP. In amateur latest media conference I asked a couple of questions.

Bballin: "amatuer! amateur! Bballin from, who really cares. You started in Season 10 and have yet to make div II, how does it feel to be the favourites this season and to be sitting atop the league like you are?"

amateur: "It feels real good and im really proud of the group of guys I have, but we have to take it one game at a time. Alot can happen between now and the finals."

Bballin: "Are you even allowed to promote if your name is amateur?"

amateur: -_-

III.6
Botwood Raptors(24905)
Botwood Raptors stays alive for the PoP and now sitting 17-0 Vineham seemed real confident when I interviewd him.

Bballin: "Alright Vineham im from division II. You have been up here a couple of times haven't you?"

Vineham: "Uhm... Yes?"

Bballin: "Good and you got sent back both times didn't you?"

Vineham: "Unfortunately."

Bballin: "Should've taken the hints... VINNIE! Hit him with the bat."

Vineham: "Wait!? What? I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN INTER-"

III.7
The Shufflers(33951)
The Shufflers have continued shuffling after the allstar break and defeated the other conferences number 1 seed and then the team chasing them. mc5huffl35 was not as happy as you would expect...

Bballin: "So you are 17-0 in your 3rd season in div III and 5th in BB. Quite an acomplishment! You will probably be in div II next se-"

mc5huffl35: "SHHHHH, dont say that! DO NOT SAY THAT. Do you want to jinx this for us!? ILL KILL YOU."

Bballin: "Oh would you look at that I have a reservation at that uhm one restaurant where you can reserve seats... Yeah, that place. Ill uhm, Ill call you! BYE. "

III.8
Montreal Visoreds(24919)
Sitting 17-0 now Hyoga was spotted celebrating after his latest win. A 117-98 drubbing of Green Machines.

Bballin: "Hyoga! Hyoga! Yes I know she is very flexible, get over here!"

Hyoga: "Dude! Make this quick!"

Bballin: "Don't you think you are celebrating a little preamturely?"

Hyoga: "Are you doubting my team?"

Bballin: "Maybe."

Hyoga: "Please leave my house. HEY! DROP THE CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!"

Bballin: *sprinting*

III.9
Iqaluit Test Icicles(25029)
Four more wins and Frozen Grapes team is getting hotter and hotter, maybe hot enough to thaw his grapes? I asked.

Bballin: "Why are your grapes Frozen? Lose a bet? Crazy girlfriend?"

Frozen Grapes: "I live in Iqaluit."

Bballin: "I have two eyes."

FG: "What?"

Bballin: "Thought we were stating facts. Could you just answer the question?"

FG: "I did!"

Bballin: "Idiots these days."

FG: "The feelings mutual."

Thought I would take a more comedic approach opposed to my usual posts. Enjoy! Rest to come soon :)

Last edited by Bballin at 1/6/2012 3:10:21 AM

This Post:
200798.77 in reply to 200798.76
Date: 1/6/2012 3:40:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
PoP continued....

III.10
Spider Wasp(24897)
Still undefeated and worthy of this thread.

Bballin: "So you have switched back to Spider Wasp, your third name change. Why?

1st pick: "Trying to keep it fresh."

Bballin: "Keep it fresh by choosing the same name you started with? Also you are still in division III as 1st pick? Following in Kwame Brown's footsteps?"

1st pick: "How did you figure out who I was?!"

III.11
MaltonHG(24908)
After a few competitive games MaltonHG are still undefeated and knocked off previously undefeated team Soul Crushers. MaltonHG was ecstatic during our interview.

Bballin: "You beat Soul Crushers, but critics are saying that they are the better team and you only won because of HCA. How do you respond to that?

MaltonHG: "This is gonna be in the thread you started right? On the BB Canada Forums? Where everyone can see them? Oh My Gosh I am famous! Id like to thank my mom Mom, Dad, Gramps, and Nana. All my followers who believed in me from the start. I made it! I made it!

Bballin: "Uhm Malton, focus. Can you answer the question please?"

MaltonHG: "What is this some type of pageant thing? World peace, hunger, and better literacy for the kids!"

Bballin: "You can go now."

Soul Crushers(33141)TERMINATED
After a loss to MaltonHG they have failed in their Pursuit of Perfection. (39487909)

Bballin: "So how did that 2 point loss feel?"

ZeroHeat: "F***ing HCA. Can we not discuss this?"

Bballin: "Kind of ironice eh?"

ZeroHeat: "What is?"

Bballin: "You are the manager of the Soul Crushers, but youre the one with a crushed soul."

ZeroHeat: "Can I have my money?"

Bballin: "Hey! Shut up! No one can know that I had to pay you! Don't write that down!"

III.13
Montreal Fireballs(33282)TERMINATED
A loss to expo2012 and now Montreal Fireballs sit at 16-1. (39488249)

Bballin: "So time to go back to tennis?"

Tennisman: "No! We can recover! We will recover! Expo2012 may have won a game, but in Tennis you haven't lost until you have lost 6 games, 3 times."

Bballin: "You have never been in division II, even though you have never lost 18 games in a single season. Your theory is incorrect."

Tennisman: "I have no clue what you are talking about."

Bballin: "Buzzerbeater!"

Tennisman: "Oh. It doesn't work like tennis?"

III.14
Webfoots(25133)
Four dominating wins and this team stays alive in the PoP.

Bballin: "So I am assuming you are 56?"

bballjones56: "Uhm.. no! What would give you that idea!?

Bballin: "Your name and you have been playing since season 4..."

bballjones56: "I have been caught! I just want to be young again... Please do not tell anyone!"

Bballin: "I promise I will not."

III.16
Murfs Blue Devils(33497)
Crusing through four more teams and still in the hunt for the PoP.

Bballin: "Mind telling me what the P means? and what 17 symbolizes?"

PMurphy17: "Never."

Bballin: "I will just have to assume. Paul Murphy, guilty of murdering 17 innocent human beings."

PMurphy17: "Can I have my attorney please?"

There you have it! Let me know what you think of the comedic approach this time :P

This Post:
200798.78 in reply to 200798.77
Date: 1/6/2012 4:03:22 AM
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
Nice job bballin
I know you've got a lot on your plate...but
for accuracy sake
in Div III.7
You stated that since the all star break the undefeated Shufflers
have beaten the team chasing them (Quebec Pugs)
they may well do that...but hasn't happened yet
they will meet 2nd to last game of season

This Post:
200798.79 in reply to 200798.78
Date: 1/6/2012 4:10:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks, but I meant the team chasing the other #1 team. Although that sentence is a little confusing I see. Ill fix that tommorrow, its too late right now and i do not have coffee...

This Post:
200798.80 in reply to 200798.79
Date: 1/6/2012 8:50:56 PM
East Side Rangers
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
hmmm, and why no III.12? Why never a mention of III.12? :)

This Post:
200798.81 in reply to 200798.80
Date: 1/6/2012 9:09:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Pursuit of Perfection is talking about undefeated teams. Do you see any undefeated teams in your league? :)

This Post:
200798.82 in reply to 200798.81
Date: 1/7/2012 1:54:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Where are They Now?

III.1 Season 17 Champion
Toronto Knockouts(33214)
Season 18 has proven to be difficult for Toronto Knockouts as after a stellar 21-1 season in III.1 they have plummeted to rock bottom. Promoting to the difficult II.3 league pjaf was not prepared for the stingy competition and Toronto Knockouts have stumbled to an abismal 2-15 record in 8th place and while still not mathematically eliminated from securing 7th, their chances are slim. Real slim.

III.2 Season 17 Champion
Georgetown Hoyas(24849)
ChrisLav was ecstatic when his young Georgetown Hoya team promoted out of division III and finally got back to division II. It seems he forgot how competitive it is though and the team has struggled to win games. Sitting 7th place in II.1 at 2-15 Georgetown Hoyas have the worst defense in the league surrendering 1947 points in 17 games and with the resurgence of Pszczyna Team about to begin, I doubt this team will be able to survive.

III.3 Season 17 Champion
Emo Squad(33242)
Well Season 18 certaintly has not helped the state of Tedix's team. After promoting to division II for the first time after starting in Season 9, it looks like they will be going straight back down. Currently sitting 2-15 in II.2, anything higher than 7th is doubtful, very doubtful.

III.4 Season 17 Champion
Serenity Now!(24831)
TigerUnderGlass was satisfied with himself after finishing second, but buying a good enough roster to run away in the playoffs and promote. It looks that plan may have brought some bad karma as he is in a quite unfortunate position right now. Sitting 8th in II.1 it is unbelievable that this is possible as Serenity Now! have an 8-9 record, but still sit 8th. 2 games back of fourth, 1 back of 5th and a record good enough to be 3rd in the other conference. With 5 games remaining Serenity Now! Could easily be playing in the playoffs or dropping right back to div III.

III.5 Season 17 Champion
New Brunswick Maddogs(24884)
After relegating back to division III, SaturnVue built a team that easily won the league and got right back to div II. Sitting 2nd with a 9-8 record they are chasing yours truly Bballin. With five games left there are 5 teams within two games of each other and competition is at its highest. Every game is critical and SaturnVue finds his team playing Shabbies, another 9-8 team tommorrow.

III.6 Season 17 Champion
88s(24828)
After successfully pursuing perfection in III.6 88s promoted to II.1, but luckily they got thrown into the weaker conference and even though they sit at 7-10 they are third in the conference. Only two games ahead of 5th, but 4 behind 2nd means third is the best 88s will most likely finish, but finishing out of the playoffs is still not out of the question.

III.7 Season 17 Champiom
Headless Thompson Gunners(33296)
After a fantastic Season 17 that included promoting to division II after just 3 seasons and making it to the final 32 of the Canada Cup, Headless T Gunner was only looking for more. So far so good, sitting 4th at 9-8 in II.4 and Headless Thompson Gunners look poised to secure a playoff position. Currently tied with rival The Ravens, their January 14th matchup with them could be critical.

III.8 Season 17 Champions
Crushers(33508)
A successful PoP run in III.8 led to their promotion to division II for the first time ever after starting in Season 12. scorcher was proud of his team, but was not sure of how his team would do in II for the first time ever. Promoting to the competitive II.3 league was not much help either, but scorcher's team proved to be prepared and currently sit in 5th at 10-7. 3 games back of first, 3 ahead of 7th and tied with 4th. With five games left, scorcher looks to try and secure a playoff position and maybe make some noise.

Last edited by Bballin at 1/8/2012 5:53:54 PM

This Post:
200798.83 in reply to 200798.82
Date: 1/7/2012 2:32:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
III.9 Season 17 Champion
Fundamentally Sound(33492)
(200798.72)

III.10 Season 17 Champion
Budweisers(24944)
Aweis was disappointed after being relegated from division II the first time around, but he built a team that rolled throught their III.10 league and are back in division II, hoping for a better result than before. Sadly it seems that may not happen, Sitting at 5-12 in II.2 they are 6th place. 3 games back of 5th, but 3 ahead of 7th. Unfortunately the other conference seems to have stronger teams in 6th and 7th and winning the relegation series will prove difficult. AWeis does not count his team out though.

III.11 Season 17 Champion
East-End Screaming Goombas B.C.(33356)
After upsetting their opponent in the finals last season Mahatma Kane Jeeves Esq.(MKJE) was happy with the conference he was put in. He definitely took advantage and building a great team with a great name he sits 14-3 and tied for 1st although losing on PD. Playoffs are a sure thing, but where they will end up is still to be dtermined as there are 4 teams within a game of each other. Tonight MKJE's team plays Sunn O)))s in a critical game that can help them seperate from the pack a little.

III.12 Season 17 Champion
The Hounds(25054)
A One and Done. Only one I can name off the top of my head since I started in Season 11. These Hounds have not stopped running though and Beener has let them off the leash. Sitting 4th in their II.4 conference with an 11-6 record and these Hounds are hungry for more! Sitting only two games back of first this team is trying to pull off something that would be truly remarkable. A One and Done in Div II. Something that only few teams can say they have done. Obviously anything can happen from now till playoff time, but Beener seems to know what he is doing and this team looks poised for success.

III.13 Season 17 Champion
linclon high(33171)
After 6 long seasons in III.13 lincoln high finally promoted to div II, landing in the tough II.3 league was not too great though and they currently sit 8th, with a 1-16 record. Sitting 5 games back of 7th means they are not mathematically disqualified, but any chances are slim, very slim.

III.14 Season 17 Champion
The Ravens(33425)
After upsetting Webfoots on the road in the III.14 finals The Ravens set out to II.4 to try and continue their success. So far they have done real good. Sitting third with a 9-8 and only a game back of 2nd The Ravens are looking good and if they are able to secure 2nd in the conference. They could make some noise.

III.15 Season 17 Champion
Soaring Eagles(33877)
After upsetting undefeated team Haylors in the finals of III.15 one of if not the most competitive III league in Canada, tj07 set out to II.1 to try and improve upon their success. Sitting at 9-8 in the crazy conference of the year they are 5th. With playoffs and relegation both in the question, Soaring Eagles will try and survive in another competitive conference.

III.16 Season 17 Champion
NorthYork Shockers(33955)
MacMade was more than happy when his team promoted from division III and embarked on their quest for division II glory. The glory may have to wait, but they have had a pretty successful first season as they sit 4th with a 7-10 record and look like they could be in the playoffs come playoff time.

Kept these real short, sorry.

This Post:
200798.84 in reply to 200798.83
Date: 1/7/2012 10:58:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i acquired a SF to help me make that final playoff push, although im not sure if it would be better to just settle for 5th and not pay player salaries?

Advertisement