This Post:
155729.8 in reply to 155729.7
Date: 9/2/2010 3:21:40 PM
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
Problem is probably not the high salaries. Problem is that those monsters are not as good as their salary. There are teams that can afford to play those salaries but three players with 200k salary is much better than one 500k player and 2 50k players. Until it is an option for the absolute best teams to have a poorly trained monster instead of three well trained players with lower salaries these 500k monsters will keep rotating between teams I guess. But I do not think that the solution is to lower the caps because then there will also be deleted an extra dimension of the game. There actually are very useful 500k players as well and it is also nice with having the possibility to have such superplayer.

This Post:
155729.10 in reply to 155729.9
Date: 9/3/2010 5:21:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe it is possible to create 1 million $ salary centers with the current salary formula and training speeds. However so far trainers are very reluctant to go beyond 500-550k, because when they do it becomes impossible to hold such a player. As salaries will decrease over the coming seasons

i believe the decrease of the salary is the magic word, the BB said that they expect the elite players @ the actual salary even in the future and you won't get those 1 Mio player when he isn't a "one and only".

And even when the actual 500k center are often transfered betwen the team, i could imagine that you could hold them especially for just promoted teams who need to build a competive team with low money to invest but still a lot unused weekly income.

This Post:
155729.11 in reply to 155729.7
Date: 9/5/2010 10:25:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
General Problem
The best players in BB are not in the best teams at the BB. This is unrealistic.

What are 'the best players'?
Who says that the players earning the most are the best players? I think these are the players which give as much performance as needed for as less money as possible. And with as much performance as needed I don't mean the better 'grade' the player is given but outsmarting the opponent in as much ways as possible, it's all about creating as much mismatches as possible. Those 500k C's only create a few mismatches. Besides that salary management is a big part of this game, and if you would make such a cap that would be gone, and topteams would stay on top forever..

I don't think there is a problem, there are just a lot of players trained more or less bad..

This Post:
155729.12 in reply to 155729.8
Date: 9/5/2010 10:36:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Problem is probably not the high salaries.

Wrong.The BB fails in creating a balanced salary system for the players,so a top level center is unaffordable
But every change you want to make,it will distort drammatically the market,so there isn't any possibilities to act on salaries players.we have only to wait that gradually the incomes of the I and of all the lower divisions will increase till a level when some top team could find convenient to have these players.But you had to wait a lot of seasons

This Post:
155729.13 in reply to 155729.12
Date: 9/7/2010 5:38:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In a normal economy, as long as something is in demand, the price for that something can be maintained.

The high salary players are shuffled around, but apart from needing to move to a new home now and then (how much trouble will that give them with their spouse/girlfriend???) they can maintain their lifestyle. They are in demand, so they are there and a valid part of our BB-Economy.

What would be troublesome is if these players aren't being hired anymore. The logical reaction to that would be for the player to lower his (her?) salary to become more in demand again.

Maybe this is logical: When a player hasn't been playing for a while, their skills decrease, thus their salary decreases as well. And at some point they are again affordable. Maybe they can even be trained again to have a better skillset then before.

The Buzzer is a Lie!
This Post:
155729.14 in reply to 155729.5
Date: 9/7/2010 8:03:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
How about this. Maybe could be done these demands for wage more elasticly. So once is that player in lower league for a while, he get used to a cheaper life. But once he gets first league, his demands will increase by the time.

So if he is transferlisted afterwards into lower league, will take some time before he gets into lower wage level.

This create two things. Players which will be transfer listed by high-league teams, will be kind of cheaper and these which goes out of bottom league, will have kind of bigger price, because of theirs salary.

That would possibly create enviroment, where would be biggest stars affordable for everyone. Especially for a first-league teams, because once are these wages setted by the way that lowleague team can hardly afford 1 player like that, whiile temporary this wage would be kindly acceptable by 1st league team, it could work.

Imagine something like this. There is a first league team which have maximum space for such a player 250k. There is a 3rd league team which have space like that 100k.
There will be a star which in 3rd league earns his maximum - that is 100k. If such player buy 1st league, his demands would increase into 250k for a 3-4 seasons before he would go into 250k and aditional 1-2 seasons before he would get his maximum 350k (for example).

This Post:
155729.15 in reply to 155729.14
Date: 9/7/2010 8:10:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't like it, and why you would buy player out of high leagues anymore when they get always salary increasing. As a top team you have to trade consistently to hold the wages down, for the suppose of a low league team maybe could trade with those players with raised salary.

This Post:
155729.16 in reply to 155729.15
Date: 9/7/2010 8:29:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I think that would cover faster decrease if he is traded into lower league. There is a possibility, that equilibrium for this could be found.

That idea counts pretty much with very tight budget of low-league teams. So you can have a lot of money, but once are your weekly-economical numbers in red collor, because of more these players, you are simply losing money.

So that means low-league team cannot be better than high-league team no matter what. Unless he wants to sacrifice something from the weekly budget. And that could be the point for the cup.

Last edited by aigidios at 9/7/2010 8:30:38 AM

This Post:
155729.17 in reply to 155729.16
Date: 9/7/2010 8:33:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That idea counts pretty much with very tight budget of low-league teams. So you can have a lot of money, but once are your weekly-economical numbers in red collor, because of more these players, you are simply losing money.

i am acting close to the border, since a while and i have one of the cheapest rsoster of my league ;) So the solution is to sell player all the time, to get the same quality to a cheap salary.

So that means low-league team cannot be better than high-league team no matter what. Unless he wants to sacrifice something from the weekly budget. And that could be the point for the cup.

depends of the size of this influence ;)

This Post:
155729.18 in reply to 155729.14
Date: 9/7/2010 8:36:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's just ridicoulous that players with the same skills would have different salaries.Stop.

Advertisement