Suggestions > opposite of autobidding - bid limit

opposite of autobidding - bid limit

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
204837.8 in reply to 204837.7
Date: 12/19/2011 7:52:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In order to add you got to play the bidgame. Its retarded.
You think the bidding game is retarded, others think it's great. If you don't like the bidwars, you can always bid a high enough price right away. But no, you want to get the player cheap:) I know it must bug you, that even with your history of daytrading (and yes you are still trying to do it:D), the other teams on your league side, have not daytraded and are still better than you. Perhaps without the daytrading bonus, you can't actually play this game effectivly:)

This Post:
204837.9 in reply to 204837.8
Date: 12/19/2011 7:55:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You guys need to explain the concept of Day Trading to me.

Message deleted

This Post:
204837.13 in reply to 204837.1
Date: 12/24/2011 10:34:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the idea of enforcing a cool off time between bids, perhaps no more than one bid every 5 minutes. The incremental bids at the end get boring.

This Post:
204837.14 in reply to 204837.13
Date: 12/28/2011 3:29:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don´t think Wolphs "blind bidding" in the last 5 minutes works, but I think he´s on the right track.

I´d leave everything as it is, just that I wouldn´t "extend" the timeout for an auction for more than 5 minutes in total at alll. So if a player sells on 9:30, he will sell no later than 9:35.
If someone else places a last second bet on him, on that last deadline, fine. No option to "react" anymore. So if you want that player, better make sure that ...

(1) you offer some "serious" money, maybe even "overpay", before the hard deadline appears.
(2) don´t take that "miniumum" raise for granted.

So for example, player X should sell on 9:30. You place a bet on him, and nothing happens, until a last second user decides to take a shot at him shortly before the deadline expires. He gets extended to 9:33, as it is now, and both teams enter a classic bidwar, just that after the deadline extended to 9:35, no more "extra time" is added. So after 9:33, everybody has to change his strategy, the forever-minimum raising stops, and people kinda have to play with open cards.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
204837.15 in reply to 204837.14
Date: 12/28/2011 8:04:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your "solution" would only give last second bids more interest... Very bad idea in my opinion.

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage
This Post:
204837.16 in reply to 204837.15
Date: 12/28/2011 8:23:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I find it funny, that super rich (being in the top league), always try to find short cuts to make more money.

super rich = "I don't wanna have to do a bid war. I want to buy this play for X coin, cause they are a really good value. I don't want someone else to be able to beat me out of a dollar, because they see it too. If they start a bid war, it will cut into my profits. hmph."

I'm not even a daytrader, and I don't like this suggestion. Man up, and grow a pair.

This Post:
204837.18 in reply to 204837.17
Date: 12/28/2011 11:13:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hardly, I think you don´t fully understand my suggestion.

Sure, the "highest bid" wins, but a last second bet cannot trust himself beeing "the highest", so the tideous "minimum raising" on for forever would stop. People would have to seriously think about "how much" they´d be willing to offer straight up when entering a bidding war, and I´d go so far and predict that doing it like that the amount of the "last second bets" would seriously drop because (1) the offer from any other team would not be a "let´s try a bet" offer but a serious run at a player with a reasonable (or overpaying) number and (2) the risk of actually losing out on a player because someone else just entered SOME bet you cannot guess is too high.

If you have three or maybe more bidders enganged, until 19:34 everybody would most likely test out the market to go for the cheap transfer, but afterwards everybody has to be alert, his next bet CAN be his last one, maybe he has one, max two more to go, so you better bid a SERIOUS amount and not count on beeing able to raise it late (as the current price might have been running away and your bid is invalid) before taking the risk of losing it at all. People would stop the minimum raising marathon and play with open cards - one shot chance. If you see another max bet and choose to go for "yet another" offer for whatever reason, fine, but anybody waiting for the last second to place his bet might lose out because someone else is doing something similar just with a significant raise, so that the last second bidder drops out.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
Advertisement