Bugs, bugs, bugs > Two games in one day

Two games in one day

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
26790.8 in reply to 26790.7
Date: 4/28/2008 10:05:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is better to read carefully and check things before answering...

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
This Post:
26790.9 in reply to 26790.8
Date: 4/28/2008 10:07:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is better to read carefully and check things before answering...

Yes it is, and if you had, you'd realize he was speaking to the original poster and was correct about it not being a bug in that team's case.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
26790.10 in reply to 26790.9
Date: 4/28/2008 11:45:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are too fast and too late.
Too fast because the original poster was about this team (39324) (note that he is talking about other team, not his), who had two matches for tomorrow at the same time. So it was a real problem for people which were wondering what to do.
Too late because the problem has already been fixed, so now you will not see what were they talking about.

In the spanish forums, some people were asking why they had two matches for tomorrow (PO and friendly), as they were STILL playing PO or relegation matches.
I saw this post, so I was just waiting for an answer to inform to my community. Instead of this I find three answers saying that it is not a bug without realizing what are they talking about.

The bug forum is really working badly. Someone posting here should have a proper and careful answer from BB or GM staff, and it should be forbidden other users to give answers. Other way, people will stop reporting bugs, as too many messages finally dilute the topic of the post, and make much harder the work of BB to find out what is exactly being discussed.

Last edited by Emilio at 4/28/2008 11:46:49 AM

This Post:
26790.11 in reply to 26790.10
Date: 4/28/2008 11:56:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are too fast and too late.
Too fast because the original poster was about this team (39324) (note that he is talking about other team, not his), who had two matches for tomorrow at the same time. So it was a real problem for people which were wondering what to do.
Too late because the problem has already been fixed, so now you will not see what were they talking about.

I missed that, and that's my fault.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
26790.12 in reply to 26790.10
Date: 4/28/2008 12:01:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally agree with you, but i also saw another thing. Not only other users don't know what they are speaking, but also some of GM's (i hope none of them will take it personally, but just think of my words in the future). I hope to see in the future if buzzerbeater community manages to become more mature, because now it's not the look which makes me proud to be the part of.

Last edited by Pretender at 4/28/2008 12:04:05 PM

This Post:
26790.13 in reply to 26790.10
Date: 4/28/2008 12:14:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Really? Were you specifically told that it was a bug that was resolved? By a BB or GM staff?

My impression is that last season scrimmages were scheduled no matter what, and at the subsequent scheduling update the obsolete games were cleaned up.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
26790.14 in reply to 26790.10
Date: 4/28/2008 12:14:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The bug forum is really working badly. Someone posting here should have a proper and careful answer from BB or GM staff, and it should be forbidden other users to give answers. Other way, people will stop reporting bugs, as too many messages finally dilute the topic of the post, and make much harder the work of BB to find out what is exactly being discussed.

The reality is that BBs don't always have the time to answer as quickly as a user would like. They're busy, and they prioritize. As well, GMs almost never have any more information on issues than regular users have.

I've made an effort to reduce the traffic here (through the sticky) so that there is a better signal-to-noise ratio, to make real, new bugs stand out more.

Disallowing regular users from posting responses to bugs is a terrible, terrible idea. I'd like to think that in my pre-GM days, I contributed a lot of useful responses (and even solutions) to bug reports. And there are a handful of productive non-staff posters in here now.

This Post:
26790.15 in reply to 26790.7
Date: 4/28/2008 12:18:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The tiebreaker is unnecessary and will disappear at the next scheduling update. Nothing abnormal.

I respect that people want answers. Given that there is no answer to give, I will speculate based on my experience...

I believe kozlodoev is mostly correct here. In the case where two games are scheduled simultaneously right now, I think (based on my recollection of this issue last season) that one of the games will be removed at the next update (before the games are to be played).

The fact that two games are scheduled at once to begin with is unquestionably a bug (whether it naturally sorts itself out or not), and I'll make sure it's reported up the chain.

This Post:
26790.16 in reply to 26790.15
Date: 4/28/2008 12:24:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am pretty sure that the scrimmage is always scheduled, and all obsolete games are cleaned up next update. It's a redundant feature, but a feature nonetheless.

Coincidentally, the 'next update' has passed already, and all double-booking situations seem to be resolved

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
26790.17 in reply to 26790.14
Date: 4/28/2008 12:56:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the spanish forums, for some time we have worked like this:
- Users reports problems at the local forum.
- We try to help them. We explain it when they are known issues. We ask for patient.
- Only when we don´t know what it is, then we suggest to take a look at the bug forum.

Very often they can´t speak english so we try to help them. In a few cases we open a new thread. Today, I just waited because there already was one thread about this topic.

In my opinion, regular users who want to help can do it pretty well at their national and general forum, and leave the bug forum free for BB and GM. I think this is the way it should work and not everybody telling whatever and starting endless discussions not in the right place.

When I want to discuss I write in the national, general forums.
When I want to report a bug, I write in the bug forum, and I don´t want the opinion of any other user like me. I just want a BB-GM answer or nothing.

I don´t find so terrible my idea, so at least take it into consideration.

Last edited by Emilio at 4/28/2008 12:58:32 PM

This Post:
26790.18 in reply to 26790.17
Date: 4/28/2008 1:00:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When I want to discuss I write in the national, general forums.
When I want to report a bug, I write in the bug forum, and I don´t want the opinion of any other user like me. I just want a BB-GM answer or nothing.

The Bug forum will not be restricted to BBs and GMs for the forseeable future, for reasons Oueftete outlined, including the fact that many non BB/GM users do have insights to why something is happening, and can also report additional info about a bug that the OP may not have noticed/included.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Advertisement