BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Whats wrong with farming players? utopia to your original team?

Whats wrong with farming players? utopia to your original team?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
268575.8 in reply to 268575.4
Date: 4/3/2015 3:26:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess the main reason is for the people who dont put money on this game? But wouldnt they want money put into this game so they can keep it going and wont spend funds from themselves to keep up this game?

Heading on the right path so far. Are you?
This Post:
268575.10 in reply to 268575.9
Date: 4/3/2015 4:56:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The two methods of cheating I see referenced in this thread are:

1. Transferring money between your teams
2. Selling the player for something other than "fair" market value.

How can this idea be improved to combat those two cheating methods?

I ask because everyone seems to use a blanket statement of "There could be cheating" as a way to shoot down ideas without even attempting to figure out a way that the idea could work.

So, just shooting from the hip:

1. If there was a way to transfer or trade players just between teams you were the manager of with a limit of maybe 1 per season and no money involved, it could work. The only downside is that managers with Utopia teams would have an easier way to train players and stay competitive. One of the main tradeoffs in this game is between winning games and training players. That tradeoff would be eroded with this method.

2. Since the GMs already monitor transfers that are outside of fair market value anyway, this would not be an issue. The additional number of transfers would cause more work for the GMs, but I am sure that whatever tools they use to monitor transfers could be modified to flag transfers between teams with the same owner for special scrutiny.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

This Post:
268575.11 in reply to 268575.7
Date: 4/3/2015 5:39:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If the main advantage the manager has is the time, he sets the auction...autobid allows managers to bid on players any time of day.

This Post:
268575.12 in reply to 268575.10
Date: 4/3/2015 5:54:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would say give the people who spends there good hard earn money on the game the advantage anyhow I had a sponsor on cod black ops 3 years ago thats a advantage I had when I was trying to recruit top 100 players. If the commosiner of this game want to maintain and good level of competiviness then I would see why he wouldnt do what im saying. But when you have guys who have supporter and there is no bonuses other than having a private league and a second team then not allowing managers to transfer to the first team who has more oppourtinities with the players than a second team makes no sense.Maybe we can add a utopia under 21 and national team even though its not a country it would give people a reason to stay competitive in utopia. I think to improve this game with realistic idea and yes in real life transfering players from team b to team a happens in every sport except soccer. So no I dont think this is cheating I think if buzzerbeater wants players to stay focus on both side instead of just moving up in rankings which is alright because the better team is the one who wins. Also I think that having a utopia national team and utopia under21 team would be a good experince for the managers of those teams and once they move up to a real national team they will have experince with there 2nd team so there wont be any minor mistakes in what there are doing. Considering this is more of the pro style franchise then it shouldnt be a problem with farming players and therefore most of the complaints would be people who dont pay for this game and doesnt support this game enough.

This Post:
268575.14 in reply to 268575.13
Date: 4/3/2015 7:09:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
gotcha but isnt the uptopia under 21 and national team idea a good one? has this already been suggested?

This Post:
268575.15 in reply to 268575.7
Date: 4/3/2015 7:22:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Some type of autobid feature would fix that problem.

How?

If the main advantage the manager has is the time, he sets the auction...autobid allows managers to bid on players any time of day.

I know what autobid is. You said autobid would fix the problem -- I'm asking how it would prevent cheating, which is the problem.

This Post:
268575.17 in reply to 268575.16
Date: 4/3/2015 7:44:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So its been proposed and that means its been accepted through the admins? So can we still trade between main team team(a) to team (b) or is it still ban and consider cheating because of free play?

Advertisement