BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277748.9 in reply to 277748.4
Date: 2/29/2016 1:18:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The first thing is that there is an appeals process available for any ban/fine levied, and seeing a GM ban or fine reduced or even eliminated is not a rare event.
I don't care about the hypothetical penalty on the American manager, it might be well deserved, I'm worried about the non penalty on the Greek manager in the example. Nothing you can do there. So if I have a friend GM he can fine someone without fining me. The other guy will not know whether I've been fined and he definitely will not have any appeal against something he does not know.

In that scenario, if you are of the opinion that another user has acted contrary to the rules of the game, you can and should report the user and post (I forget if there's a report post button any more since I see different stuff, but if not, the Report Cheaters link in the menu is appropriate).

This Post:
277748.10 in reply to 277748.8
Date: 2/29/2016 1:41:19 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Any GM can see the decisions taken by other GMs, so to survive with unfair decisions, a GM would have to fool all the other GMs. Most if not all the GMs have taken more decisions against their countrymates than any other country. Since we can also track more easily the messages from our countrymates in their own language, in an international dispute, they are more at risk too.

Which leads me to another problem we have in England. I've been informed by an EGM (am I even allowed to repeat what he tells me? I've no idea) that the English forum isn't well moderated. I know that an English user applied to be a GM and was rejected because England was too small and didn't need a GM. I believe when it is moderated its done by Europeans, and not by someone whose first language is English. This had led in the past to misunderstandings. In fact, I once complimented a Frenchman, who took offence and complained presumably to another non English speaker and my post was deleted. An appeal over something so small would have wasted everyone's time, but it would have been so much simpler if the English forum was moderated by someone whose first language was English.

This Post:
277748.12 in reply to 277748.1
Date: 3/2/2016 6:28:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can always send a mail to appeals@buzzerbeater.com if you are unhappy with a decision.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
277748.13 in reply to 277748.12
Date: 3/2/2016 7:52:13 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
You can always send a mail to appeals@buzzerbeater.com if you are unhappy with a decision.

I'm 100% certain Lemonshine is already aware of that.

This Post:
277748.14 in reply to 277748.13
Date: 3/2/2016 8:57:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I'm 100% certain Lemonshine is already aware of that.

Ok, so what's the problem?

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
277748.15 in reply to 277748.14
Date: 3/7/2016 5:22:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The problem are GMs that 'look' overzealous when they are touched 'more closely' by an issue. I don't want to have to appeal when there is a much simpler solution to prevent conflicts of interest at the source.

Anyway, even with GMs heavily participating heavily in this thread [the NO opition is] in a 2:1 minority, therefore the proposal has merit and, hopefully, will be considered.

Edited by the author of this post, to make GM hrudey happier

Last edited by Lemonshine at 3/8/2016 9:28:02 AM

This Post:
277748.16 in reply to 277748.15
Date: 3/7/2016 10:43:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The appeals process, oh yes. We should be confident in an appeals process conducted by the same group whose decision we would be appealing. Oh, yes.

Gentlemen, it would be so much better if the original process would have been unbiased and professional.

Advertisement