Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy

Or let's not! if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! NBA 2017

This Post:
280507.10 in reply to 280507.9
Date: 7/4/2016 10:57:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not to reiterate an old argument we had intentionally:

Durant here joining the warriors doing the whole "if you can't beat them join them" thing to me detracts from what was the greatness of Kevin Durant just a little bit. On top of that. The fact that the NBA and the salary cap, and the rules, and everything etc. Can enable a team that's back-to-back finals appearances and 1-1 in them to add the 2nd (3rd if you think Curry) best player in the NBA to join that team, just further illustrates to me on why I feel the NBA is a joke.

Here's the punchline of the NBA: How long until we see the USA Olympic team is really the (picking random city) Memphis Grizzlies. And then there's the rest of the NBA trying to not lose to the USA Olympic team, a.k.a. Mepmhis Grizzlies.

Dream Team was a dream because it was "unrealistic" for all those players to ever be on the same team. Ha. How little we knew then vs now right?

This Post:
280507.13 in reply to 280507.12
Date: 7/5/2016 5:11:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So...

BB status:

3-6 seassons tanking + 1 seasson spending the amounts of money acumulated + Good pick trained

NBA status:

1-2 seassons tanking + 1 season recruiting and grouping 2-3 starplayers + Good roleplayers

Oh my godness!!!! Still the best simulator ever!!!!

X''D

PS No wonder why the prices are going up so madly... Only we need to see the new contract on Tim "Modzgov"

Howl to the Moon, you won't regret it.
This Post:
280507.14 in reply to 280507.13
Date: 7/5/2016 7:31:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So...

BB status:

3-6 seassons tanking + 1 seasson spending the amounts of money acumulated + Good pick trained

NBA status:

1-2 seassons tanking + 1 season recruiting and grouping 2-3 starplayers + Good roleplayers

Oh my godness!!!! Still the best simulator ever!!!!

X''D

PS No wonder why the prices are going up so madly... Only we need to see the new contract on Tim "Modzgov"

The difference being in BB every team if they have the money has the chance for the superstar. Not the case in NBA.

This Post:
280507.15 in reply to 280507.12
Date: 7/5/2016 10:40:02 AM
DunkTales
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Honestly,

although I love the Warriors, I don´t think that they will automatically win the championship.
First: There are plenty of possibilities, that one of the new big 4 gets injured.
Second: We don´t have a bench.
Third: We don´t have a Center. (Zaza can´t even start 50 Games, without getting exhaustet.)
Fourth: The whole league wants to proove, that we´re beatable and wants to see us fail.

We will make it to the Playoffs, but I doubt, that we will have the depth and power to go the all the way to a championship.
And we shouldn´t forgett, that Curry and Durant will become FAs next year.

So you can also see it like this:
Yeah, we gave up our Bench-Players, who were the key for our success. (Strength in Numbers.... :-( )
We gave up on Harrison Barnes, who played shitty this Season, but we don´t know how good he really could become.
We gave up on an aging Bogut, who didn´t play very consistent, but was still a huge factor for our Defense. Without any replacement!!!!

Thats all for maybe ONE year of Kevin Durant and some 3rd-4th Class-Veterans and Ring Hunters.

What made the Warriors special the last couple of years was their team chemnistry on and offsite of the court. I don´t think, that we will be able to keep that up.

Therefore, it might be also questionable, if we are going to be a superteam and if we are going to build up a dynastie for the future.

Last edited by Bommy at 7/5/2016 10:43:08 AM

This Post:
280507.16 in reply to 280507.6
Date: 7/5/2016 11:18:27 AM
DunkTales
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Durant was contacted about the trade.

Source please

The Warriors are going to be KD's team and not Curry's? Don't see that happening.

I´m sorry, if I expressed myself the wrong way. I wanted to say, that I suspect some internal issues with KD and Russ. It is still not clear, if Russ is going to staying with OKC next year. I´m also confused about the news, that Al Horford went to the celtics, because Durant and Russ didn´t assure him to stay in OKC for long terms. (http://newsok.com/article/5508075)

Barnes was only disappointing during the Finals. Bogut played his role perfectly and was a big part of the Warriors blitzing the Cavs early on. An argument can be made that if Bogut doesn't go down, the Warriors are two-time champions.

To me HB was the weakest starter. To me he was not only in the finals but during the playoffs a dissappointment . But that might be, because I had so much hopes for him and expected him to perfom much better. During the Playoffs there were probably around 4 Games, where I would say, he perfomed really well. During the other games, his shooting and decision making was underaverage.

-> To make it clear: HB has probably the potential to become an All-Star and I hope he will develop his talents in Dallas to become a very good player. But during the last season, he missed so many open shots, that he suppposed to make. Thats why I consider him replaceable, although it is sad, that we couldn´t develop the player to his fullest.

In my opinion Andrew Bogut was the reason, we could tourn the WCF-Series to a 4-3. And yes maybe he the series vs the CAVs would have gone to an other ending, if he didn´t injured during game 5. I don´t deny that he was very important of our way of basketball. And maybe I´m too critical about him. And still. His early foul troubles, his delays in helpside-defense, his lack of concentration. It´s natural to have a bad day, but still they happened too regualary during the quarter of the season. As I said, maybe I´m too critical and might be wrong. It is just my feeling, that he had to many bad days and wasn´t in the best physical condition.

This Post:
280507.17 in reply to 280507.11
Date: 7/5/2016 11:36:00 AM
DunkTales
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I see your point, when you are arguing with the old past super teams. Therefore the rules have been chance, trying to prevent that. The move, of Durant, goingt to the finalist of the previous season is possible, because of 2 important details.

First: Curry is horribly underpaied, caused by his early career injuries. Some might have forgotten it, but there was a serious discussion, if Golden State should trade Monta Ellis or Stephen Curry.....just a little reminder.

Second: With the new tv-deal, the nba tried to keep increasement of the salary cap as low as possible. But the National Basketball Players Association was against this idea, because they wanted the palyers to receive the money as fast as possible. That´s way we now have that huge increasements of the salary cap and therefore the possibility, to sign a Kevin Durant.

Another problem, why this deal was possible is, that the minimum wage, wasn´t increased. So the minimum wage contract does now cost relativly less to your salary cap.

To make it short: The league tried to prevent the possibility of these kinds of moves, but it were the players, who wanted the big money and now, we are in this kind of situation.

This Post:
280507.18 in reply to 280507.16
Date: 7/5/2016 1:13:56 PM
Advertisement