Knicktardeder
You seem to hate a lot of things.

This Post:
314995.9 in reply to 314995.8
Date: 6/8/2022 11:57:56 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
Just two game weeks. No seeding in the Cup even in the Final 8. That is all!!

This Post:
314995.10 in reply to 314995.3
Date: 6/9/2022 5:30:12 AM
Afk Ballers
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Afk Ballers II
Except that the tournament ends at different times depending on country. In my country we have the finals this week, meaning competition is tougher earlier since we have fewer rounds. In utopia there are 16 teams left and some div3 even. Are you also suggesting that more bot teams are added to less populated countires so the tourmanent runs over a longer period of time to match bigger countries?

This Post:
314995.12 in reply to 314995.1
Date: 6/9/2022 3:46:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is by far the stupidest thing in the game.

Tell me about it.
It might make sense for the top but it's insanely ilogical for those who actually need the game to improve faster lol
Just the fact that it's a management game and you're not allowed to manage properly (or how you see fit) says it all, in my view.
Quite the opponent, the schedule!

I've yet to read a well structured argument to keep the ASB for non-top teams.

Indeed. And yet, after "57" (or however many they are) seasons, here we are, in the same top vs bottom discussion.

This Post:
314995.14 in reply to 314995.13
Date: 6/9/2022 4:25:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
lol Hey, if you're not confortable with the challenges of being a top team, just restart, don't blame the bottom ones

To your points:
- bottom teams (with rare exceptions) don't have an option to keep going in the cup, we're just crushed by you guys, if you haven't noticed (which is fine... I'm not arguing about going far, I just want to train my players and give them the game time they need, no matter how ridiculous that sounds).
- we have the same choice about training, yes. We might have it easier but there's no 100% guarantee wins against everyone, so... yeah, we might risk a few wins here and there (been there, done that - not this season though).
- not so much, we mostly have to worry about the league and maybe the BBM, though the ASG does screw your previous work for that, like already mentioned.
- Bottom teams don't have as much $ to throw around (speaking for myself), so we don't get much of that problem either. Worse, that I can see, we can't promote that easily, most of whom I've seen going up keep coming back, so.... we need patience, and yes, as many games/training as we can (that's what we're arguing for, after all!).

Not really. If you're like that, that's your problem. Be responsible

I would say that bottom teams would probably need more that game to catch up to the top ones, for sure (of course, that's not something top teams will want lol).
There's no plan for a incomplete feature like this. You either have a team to adjust to the 3 week "regular" schedule or you don't. If you do, no matter what you plan for, this week will never be like a regular one. If you can open your mind to it, you'll figure that out by yourself

Cheers back!

Note: I'm pretty sure top and bottom teams will never have the same perspective on this subject, so yeah, it's only natural we won't ever agree on it. It's up to the developers to keep things as they are or not. It's just an irregular week during the regular season (sound weird because it is).
Also, I'm all in favor that things stay as they are for you guys at the top, if you want to.
Just let us, the small ones, get the extra game/training, we need it more than you, for sure.

This Post:
314995.15 in reply to 314995.14
Date: 6/9/2022 5:51:27 PM
Aris BB
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
King of the Desert
I don't wanna be lame but, tbh, most of your arguments are fallacious,

- half of your league opponents are bots, which grants you 1 free win per week, on average, + enthousiasm increase.
Top league teams do not have that privilege.

- if you look closely at remaining cup teams, none of them (at least for the winners) trained their players 48+ on a spot. As Fulham said, you have to sacrifice individual training (+ league games) to get this far.
It's kinda big for "just" a 48min training on 1/2 spot(s) don't you think ?

- D.I and D.II games are tougher, so it means, at a certain point, they have to sacrifice league games for cup games. Due to the competitiveness if they are trying to avoing relegation, they mostly can not play cup.
Low tier teams can't be relagated so they can easily spend enthousiasm for cup games.

- are you just saying it's harder to promote with half your league being bots rather than 15 others competitives human ?
Maaaan come on, be serious.

Last edited by Aris at 6/9/2022 5:52:03 PM

To: Aris
This Post:
314995.18 in reply to 314995.15
Date: 6/10/2022 2:53:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No lame at all, just your point of view, which you're totally entitled to.

- I don't recall making such argument. I actually said we have it easier but read it however you want to read it. And yes, I would expect this to happen. Things getting tougher as they go.

- I think you already do that on a regular basis, even without the said game. Also, not sure what your problem with the lower teams having that game would affect the top ones but I guess it does, somehow.

- I think it's fair to say it's hard to compare top and lower teams, I think so too. I was just replying to the points made by the previous poster.

- I don't want to promote yet at all. First try and get something sustainable and then we'll see.

I don't know where you got some of your comments from because I don't recall ever saying them.

Funny thing is you refer to me as “top league” club. Ive started same season you did - 55.
Im in bottom half of 2nd division which in my country is the lowest one with human players (bar a handful of teams in D3).
Have more or less the same perspective on things as you.

If you wanted to pull a few surprises in cup - could as well try that next season - considering you can buy old, but still great players for as low as 10-20k on BB.
A D3 team will be in the final in Portugal this season... Two are playing in the semis.

Back on topic:
- would an extra game in ASG week be useful regardless of what division you in - yes
- is it really a game changer for catching up on top teams - definitely no

I meant no offense. It's also true that "top league" varies with countries, given that some have more active teams than others.
I have some of those too!
Yes, I know. But if you checked some more, you'll see they're both ex-DII teams (as of last season, no less) with more mileage on their legs (there's a lot of constant DIII up, DII down around here, I've noticed). I'd like to have rosters more like they do too, before going for broke, if possible. Just don't think those two specific teams are good DIII representatives because they're not, at all.

I'll try and keep saying... I have no problem with things being as they are for the top teams, have all the fun you can with it. If possible, lower teams could/should have said game, as while it's not a "game changer", we need all the help we can to develop and evolve. You should know, since you're in my situation (more or less). Maybe your DII is actually something in the middle of DII and DIII for me, because we have lots of DIII around here, so your DII might not be the same as here. But that's really beside the point anyway.

Advertisement