Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
144194.81 in reply to 144194.80
Date: 7/16/2010 12:34:35 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know. I think how the Knicks play this season will determine a lot. If they continue to stink, even with Stoudmire, I don't see anyone really wanting to play for them. With Eddie Curry coming off the books, they'll have the cap room... unless the collective bargaining agreement for next season undermines the whole system (assuming there even will be a new season, speaking of the CBA...). If Stoudmire doesn't look so good this season, whether injury-related or otherwise, a player looking to win won't go to a team with his salary eating into the cap. That said, Carmelo still gets the hero treatment up in Syracuse, so he's be an instant hoops legend in NYC, and that's got to be a big deal for him. And if he an Paul teamed up, all they'd need is a center who could run the court and that would be a really high-scoring team.

But I in the category or critics who think the Knicks will continue to be really bad. Without a serious backcourt, Stoudmire is going to get very frustrated as defenses won't let him breathe down low, and of course the current coaching philosophy is "what's defense?", and that's not going to work well on team that lacks talent. I think Stoudmire was the only player offered a max contract with five guaranteed years who didn't have any better options other than to stay at home, and he couldn't walk away from all the cash the opportunity to be the best player in the biggest market. The Knicks were desperate to sign ANY superstar, and throwing five guaranteed at a player with a huge injury history was to only way to dupe fans into thinking they have a plan for rebuilding the team. In the end, I think this will just another chapter f the Knicks overspending on a long-term salary cap burden, and Knicks fans will yet again be watching the calendar waiting for this next bad contract to expire (Eddie Curry, Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury, Chris Duhon, Anfernee Hardaway, Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston...)

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
144194.82 in reply to 144194.81
Date: 7/16/2010 3:02:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agreed, I can see New York being a relatively poor team next season and it ultimately effecting Stoudmire's play especially on the defensive end.

This Post:
144194.83 in reply to 144194.81
Date: 7/16/2010 4:32:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I pray for Knicks's fans that Walsh stop pusuing SF...when you have Gallo,you had to avoid the mistakes Colangero is makiing in Toronto with Bargs...He is a SF,and is the best young player in the team,so if you want to improve your team,you have to sign players in other roles,not at SF postion...

I repeat again:If the knicks will not lose so much time wooing Lebron,they could get Wade,and would be another another history for the actual NBA...

This Post:
144194.84 in reply to 144194.81
Date: 7/17/2010 3:46:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the bottom line is, nyk needs a really good point guard one who can help create the space to do the plays and take the ball in his hands when needed.

thats the pg that d antoni needed, one that has enough shooting to bury important attempts down the stretch, as well keeping in mind teammates in running plays.

and i dont think felton is the answer for the pg position. amare will be frustrated . . . . because he wont get the ball to easily as he does with nash!

Last edited by Shoei at 7/17/2010 3:49:32 AM

This Post:
144194.85 in reply to 144194.84
Date: 7/17/2010 10:40:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the bottom line is, nyk needs a really good point guard one who can help create the space to do the plays and take the ball in his hands when needed.

thats the pg that d antoni needed, one that has enough shooting to bury important attempts down the stretch, as well keeping in mind teammates in running plays.

and i dont think felton is the answer for the pg position. amare will be frustrated . . . . because he wont get the ball to easily as he does with nash!

And they already squandered Starbury...

This Post:
144194.86 in reply to 144194.85
Date: 7/18/2010 11:46:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no no duhon!

2 extremes . . . starbury is a score first guard who has a hard time passing the ball even on the situation of just hadning it over as well as duhon who is a pass frst guard but is a mediocre when shooting the ball.

well im hoping klieza and some other pure scorers can help felton out on that category haha

This Post:
144194.87 in reply to 144194.86
Date: 7/19/2010 12:06:25 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh, Duhon likes to shoot... He's just always had teammates who liked to shoot more! The whole reason why he moved to NY was because he thought he should have been starter material in Chicago (following the guy he was supposed to have replaced on the Bulls, Jamal Crawford, who liked to shoot more than Duhon...) I think it was Ben Gordon who finally convince Duhon that he'd never be a star in Chicago.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
144194.88 in reply to 144194.87
Date: 7/19/2010 1:46:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Duhon is a bad shooter,and isn't that flashing passer,he can't be a starter in any NBA team,and I doubt also in any Euroleague team,when often the playmakers lacks only the phyisical skills to play in the NBA...he can be only a solid back-up,because he is decent in many things...

This Post:
144194.89 in reply to 144194.88
Date: 7/19/2010 8:55:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no wonder he is this bad . . . but taking him for j-wil . . . . .. tsk tsk

the best overall to describe duhon is his inconsistent on a lot of things. one game his passes well with 10 assist then the next few games youll see 3 to 6 assist even at times 2 . ..

erratic shooting . . . i cant remember a game where he did shoot the lights out but include the ft's,

This Post:
144194.90 in reply to 144194.89
Date: 9/3/2010 4:22:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
theres rumors flying around that chris paul will take a min contract and move to the heat when his current deal expires.

sounds crazy to me , but if the guy dont care about the money then his going to get himself a ring or 2 lol

This Post:
144194.91 in reply to 144194.90
Date: 9/9/2010 6:05:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i dont think hes going anywhere.

Im pretty sure the reason he wanted out of NO was because of the rookie Darren Collison who did a great job when Chris Paul went down. Paul didnt want to have to fight for starting minutes, so now that collison is out of NO CP3 will prbably stay.

Advertisement