BB Global (English) > Salary increase - New salary formula

Salary increase - New salary formula

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
136516.83 in reply to 136516.78
Date: 3/24/2010 12:18:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I actually might suggest that perhaps the answer to this question is broader - for the top teams in the world, it's possible that we've created an incentive for some teams in top divisions to consider training game shape and use their best players to fund a tournament run.

I consider that statement as a big game over for top division teams. If there is no point in training your players anymore, there is no point in continuing to play this game.

Agreed 100%

This Post:
136516.85 in reply to 136516.84
Date: 3/24/2010 12:40:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it seems to me this is going to effect mid level teams more then top div teams...
and that its going to drive a fair amount of users away, i mentioned this in another thread but whats the point of having hof and all time great players if you cant be allowed to train them to there cap?
no team is going to be able to sustain one such player and still be doing well in there league.

This Post:
136516.86 in reply to 136516.62
Date: 3/24/2010 1:01:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As an aside, this is one reason shot blocking is often considered worthless -- few people have trained shot blocking to the point that the skill in blocking a shot is comparable to the skill with which the shot is attempted, and the game engine is less responsive to changes in skill when there is a large difference.

Charles,there is a thing you(as BB) inserted called potential.If i would(I'll never want) have a player with a shot blocking skill comparable to the skill of the opposite big man,i should have a shot blocking skill above 10.But if i spend my potential for shot blocking,my center would be no able(or very less able) to shoot/defend /rebound.And if the top shot blockers can block only three shots for game,it's a too high scarifice,in terms of salary and potential,to have high shot blocking
That's why shot blocking is considered worthless,not becaues we want to undervalue it

First off, the answer to this question is very different in Spain and a smaller country in terms of how long it takes to reach division III and how strong the teams are that have made it there.

That's why a system that give the same money from arena(that are the main part of the incomes in this game) to a spanish/italian/german/polish team and a small team is completely wrong,as many users are saying from many many seasons

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 3/24/2010 1:02:02 PM

This Post:
136516.87 in reply to 136516.82
Date: 3/24/2010 1:19:28 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't get it.... very quantitatively we have increased salaries more ON A PERCENTAGE BASIS for top level players, who play on top level teams.

So for instance, a player with skills making 300K before, now makes ~330K, a 30K hike.

In contrast a player making 30K makes now ~32K a 2K hike.

So.... both in absolute terms and relative terms, we have affected upper division teams more than middle and lower division teams. It is simply untrue that we have affected lower division teams more than the upper divisions.

This Post:
136516.88 in reply to 136516.86
Date: 3/24/2010 1:20:48 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
Remember now shot blocking doesn't only affect blocked shots, but also help defense.

This Post:
136516.89 in reply to 136516.88
Date: 3/24/2010 2:38:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
so what use is there in mvp+ players now? as no one can afford to max there caps so why do we have any potential above mvp?

This Post:
136516.90 in reply to 136516.88
Date: 3/24/2010 2:43:29 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it would be useful to state explicitly what we expect should happen every offseason.

Players salaries update, players that have trained significantly will get more expensive, become more talented.

For some teams, this means these players are no longer affordable, and it doesn't make sense to spend that much money on them... they can compete without that level of player. Those players are in a sense suppose to promote up into higher division teams.

I know its painful to let go of players like that, but its necessary if we want to have different levels of competition and a dynamic market system.

Also, we expect that teams the just promoted, will quickly find that through a combination of a promotion bonus, tv money and increased fan support, they can afford to pay better players, and if they don't go out and buy those players they will quickly start falling behind in games. This will put them more on an even playing field with the other teams in their division.

Finally, teams that just demoted will find that they can no longer afford the same level of salary they were able to afford before and have to sell some of their players. This will put them more on an even playing field with the teams on their division.

So in summary, we expect that the start of the new season will be a period where lots of teams have to make moves to reconfigure themselves for the upcoming season. Figuring out how to do that in the best and most efficient way is a challenge of the game. We hope that it doesn't overwhelm the challenge of putting together a team which is built around a tactical strategy, but it is part of the game.

This Post:
136516.91 in reply to 136516.89
Date: 3/24/2010 3:41:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
so what use is there in mvp+ players now? as no one can afford to max there caps so why do we have any potential above mvp?

Good question. Something i would like to know also..

If we cant get any more income via ticketsales, because of a max stadium, if (i hope we still get a nice boost this season) we dont get a big boost via merchandising/tv contract, there is not a way to afford a fully trained 10+ potential player. At least not now..

BB included 11 ranks in potential. Giving us managers the idear that we could 'use' this potential fully by training our players to the max of this cap. But now we cant. A big bummer ofcourse..Its impossible to have a 500k salary player and also some nice assest around him and dont go bankrupt. What i do understand is that a current 500K salary player, is a 500k salary player with almost maxed 3 inside skills. If this player was trained multiskilled, he would have earned much less. In other words, he wasnt trained wisely and therefor its your own mistake that you are paying way to much salary..Players that are trained multiskilled now (trained in the same timerange as the 500k center), will ofcourse eventually reach and pass by the 500k mark also.

My question to you is:

will it be possible in the (near) future to own that well trained multiskilled 500k+ player and still have some nice 100k assets around him? Or in other words; does merchandising and tv contract up that big evantually?

Untill last week i thought i knew the answer, but now im getting scared. Scared because a 500k center is getting sold for 1 million. I've seen this in HT, and everybody knows how that ended..Bigtime salaryplayers are being sold for my 2 cents haha. While in the perfect world the 'best' players should cost the most.. I say 'best', because he earns the most. If he is not the best player, because trained not well and not THAT functional, he should not earn that much. In my perfect bb-world, the bigger the salary, the better and more functional the player. This way you dont get 500k players sold for 1 million and 100k salary players for 5 million. No HT..But thats another discussion, but i wanted it to be said.. Maybe something to think about as a BB'er..

I hope you can take away some fear. I invested quite a lot in 10+ potential players. It would be nice to see my long term project not getting punished. How demotivating would it be when im (almost) done training these high potential players in a good multiskilled way and nobody can pay there salary?

Thanks in advance,

Maupster

Last edited by Maupster at 3/24/2010 3:58:38 PM

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info
This Post:
136516.92 in reply to 136516.90
Date: 3/24/2010 3:47:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Personally I think that this point of view is simplistic: in highly competitive countries newly promoted teams, to avoid demoting immediately, should already be prepared (in terms of available money and in terms of a team that is simply already almost on par with generic teams of the higher division) to the more competitive setting. Otherwise they simply fail.

Moreover, I managed to keep my best players after demoting. You might argue that my team was simply not strong enough for an Italian III serie, that might be true (events support this interpretation and point of view)... but my point is: this view of the game is a really static interpretation, that adds up to a structure of divisions and series that already makes it much harder to be promoted than actually staying in the same division or even be demoted.

I think that promotions and demotions are already exceptions and that there is really no need to leverage on game policies (like the extremely heavy hand on fan number reduction after a demotion) to make them even more rare exceptions.

Advertisement