BB Global (English) > Inflation

Inflation

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
268316.83 in reply to 268316.81
Date: 3/24/2015 12:20:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If there is one advantage in the game that lower level teams have, it is the ability to be able to train players without as much of a negative effect on their game results.
Oh really? Lower level teams have to play their best lineup twice a week in league games, and their trainees once a week in scrimmages. Aside from staying in the Cup longer if they choose to do so, what do upper level teams do differently?

Give it a year or so, though. I'm sure that the current high prices will start people actually training again ...
It is already a training game, but wouldn't it be nice if they made training a logical system? One can dream, I suppose ...

This Post:
268316.85 in reply to 268316.84
Date: 3/24/2015 4:20:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In D2 is definitely possible, but you need: reasonably balanced players who can play multiple positions (in particular one of the guards and one of the bigs should be able to play SF without getting destroyed, depending on what you need to train). The problem is that these kind of players (with relevant secondaries) are a) extremely expensive; b) for lower level leagues, getting deleted because they have very high TSP/salary ratio, but sometimes fail to meet the FA criteria.

If your team is good enough and only have 2 trainees, you will probably be able to survive in some D1 as well, although it's a lot harder and involves properly scouting and choosing which game to throw and to go for every week. That's easier said than done of course and it means that without training you have a team that is probably good enough to make the playoffs.

That and then you need to hope you're not in a very competitive and balanced conference like the blue one here: http://www.buzzerbeater.com/league/978/overview.aspx

Last edited by Lemonshine at 3/24/2015 4:26:49 PM

Message deleted
This Post:
268316.87 in reply to 268316.84
Date: 3/24/2015 4:23:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As long as your not trying to promote it would be a lot easier to train out of position in lower leagues.

As long as you're not trying to promote, what is to prevent you from training out of position at any level?

Not only that, but "training out of position" is one of those illogical elements of training as it is currently constructed. Using an illogical flaw in the training structure to try to defend training is itself illogical.

This Post:
268316.89 in reply to 268316.88
Date: 3/24/2015 5:23:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
C'mon, demoting is a possibility at any level except the very bottom. And if your whole argument is simply going to be "it's easier at the lower levels," then you can say that about everything in the entire game.

SPOILER ALERT: Here's the secret to BB, everyone ... "it's easier at the lower levels." Might as well close the forums now.

So, in summary:
As long as you're not trying to promote, what is to prevent you from training out of position at any level?
Here's the honest answer to that question: NOTHING. There is nothing preventing training out of position at any level. Nothing at all. Like with everything, it is harder at the top, but there is nothing preventing it.

Thank you.

Last edited by Mike Franks at 3/24/2015 5:27:51 PM

This Post:
268316.92 in reply to 268316.90
Date: 3/24/2015 7:45:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Harsher competition at the top is preventing an easy training.

Yes, we've already been there ... things are harder at the higher levels. Procedures and strategies are the same, only harder, maybe less room for error. The economy works at higher levels in a way it doesn't work at mid- and lower levels. Training is king. I think we've got that covered in every direction.

I have played online sport simulation games where those responsible for the game had teams at the lower and middle levels as well as the top levels. It was no secret. Some people complained about competing against people with intimate knowledge of how the game worked, but I was not one of them. I think it is a great idea. I think it would be a great idea for this game. It would be an astonishing eye-opener for the movers and shakers of BB, something seriously needed.

Advertisement