319331.83 in reply to 319331.82
Date: 5/27/2023 7:41:56 AM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
Alright thanks for the clarification !
If this change were to be done, I like the idea of a new facility or a new staff. You can get more training flexibility, but there's a little price to pay for it.
Also it doesn't change the long term plans of the teams that like and adapt to the current system. And finally it decreases the potential impacts on the TL and the way the game is played if this is a new feature with such limits

This Post:
319331.85 in reply to 319331.79
Date: 5/27/2023 8:50:23 AM
Hénin Basket Club
III.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe should we watch the game slowly dying for another 10 years to make a potential impactful change. Still not sure if the 3 or 4 remaining managers will agree on a change tho.

Now, responding to one argument I saw earlier about training becoming toi easy, ending up in all managers building the same players.
If people are given keys to build dozens of differents players but all end up with the same profile to win. Then the real problem is the lack of viable diversity in players, not the means to achieve it.

This Post:
319331.86 in reply to 319331.85
Date: 5/27/2023 10:23:55 AM
Akul Atina
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
MVV
plan b is enough

This Post:
319331.87 in reply to 319331.82
Date: 5/27/2023 10:47:29 AM
Tunjevina
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Krompir
In the last 2 suggestions i made, there was a majority to implement the idea but it was not..

In the last suggestion, only 56.9% voted for "Yes", and I say only, because for a core feature of bb to be changed, there needs to be at least 70% of managers who vote "Yes", and realistically, 80%+ should be the goal.

We lean more towards plan B at the moment

Who are "we", Justin & you? Justin started to play bb in season 44, and you started in season 26. Not sure if you guys had previous teams that you played with, but I would argue that there are more experienced managers who played for 50-60 seasons, and were there since the game started, who witnessed all the good and bad consequences of BBs making changes, and whose opinion should be valued highly... if you cared to ask them.

First thing you should have done, if you were considering making changes to training, is to create an official suggestion thread for it, where managers could share their ideas, instead of limiting the potential changes only to your Plan A/B.

And if the "bb-officials" are able to drop their ego, I would suggest that Justin creates a private federation, or something alike, invites all the former B3 champions & some other highly experienced managers from the top bb countries, in other words, a private federation of 30-50+ highly-regarded managers. Interesting suggestions from the forum would be brought forward there, and any suggestion would have to have answers to at least these 3 questions:

1. Would it change the way managers play the game (would there be more/less % of managers who would train, would there be more/less % of managers who would tank, etc.)?
2. Would it be easier/harder for the new users (in regards to: training, economy, competition, etc.)?
3. Would it change the in-game economy in the short/mid/long term?

Once all the potential problems have been discussed, a vote can be held, and if 70%+ of those 30-50+ managers vote for "Yes", than the suggestion can officially be brought to the public, with answers provided to all the potential problems that those experienced managers found. LA's from each country would translate the topic, and all the managers would get a notification with a link to the thread, where a 4-week official discussion would be held. After the first 2 weeks, a 2-week vote process would start, and if a huge majority of users vote for "Yes", the change would be implemented. Also, make it so that users can change the vote, in case they change their mind.

I'll be honest, I don't trust neither you, nor Justin, to change bb into a better game long-term. I would, however, have much more trust in a small, niche group of amazing managers, if they brought forward a game-changing suggestion.

I'm absolutely in favor of implementing/changing certain aspects of bb. BB needs changes if it wants to survive. But I'm not in favor of two guys using our beloved bb as their personal toy to implement whatever changes they personally prefer, taking advantage of the fact that the vast majority of users (including me) wants to see some changes, while not even considering the long-term consequences for the game.

This Post:
319331.89 in reply to 319331.85
Date: 5/27/2023 10:49:55 AM
Kage Sama
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Plan B.

With Plan B i dont have to sell my drafted players after sacrificing and training them for 4 seasons just to realize that i cant train both at the same time because of their different skillset, and training just 1 is too expensive and too time consuming so i have to sell my own 2 draftees that i worked so hard to develop them...

plan b give me option to develop my drafted players in their own way and gives me just so much fun to have my own players becoming main team members, and maybe of the nt as well

plan a is too much.

This Post:
319331.90 in reply to 319331.87
Date: 5/27/2023 11:55:43 AM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls
Lol to all of this, without Justin this game will be way worse. I know you remember when there was moment where BB was literally on the verge of failing… Justin has brought some life to this game and to say discount off Alonso and Justin because they didn’t spend their life into game is just bullshit. You don’t have spend 50 season to prove anything, if anything I’ve ran into manages with experience but lacked knowledge. I trust Justin to help long term, because he literally already doing it. If you can’t see that then you’re proving own bias or letting your dislike overtake a true opinion .. Justin is very knowledgeable and knows some BB history, i would think as dev he have all these things. Justin has shown he’s not selfish and doing this to benefit himself.. maybe you should look in the mirror with the ego thing yeah? 😊

Last edited by Managed by a computerized player at 5/27/2023 11:57:01 AM

This Post:
319331.91 in reply to 319331.90
Date: 5/27/2023 2:21:42 PM
Tunjevina
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Krompir
You seem to have a lot of trust in BBs. That's very kind of you.

Though, let me remind you of the fact that BBs implemented training courts, without even realizing that in a few seasons, 95% of the players would never miss a FT

Pretty much every change in the past 20 seasons has created some long-term issues. Sorry, but for me, trust needs to be earned.

This Post:
319331.92 in reply to 319331.91
Date: 5/27/2023 6:51:00 PM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls
Is that the only “ relevant” point? FT change is not that much of a big deal 👎🏽… players definitely aren’t making 95% of free throws like you say. Not every manager has a training court as well. You’re acting like the game is being destroyed when it is not all. If you want to go back to the days of where LI was the only offense to run or build 200k salary bigs with primaries. Then go build like that, once again Justin is no way shape or form harming this game

This Post:
319331.93 in reply to 319331.92
Date: 5/27/2023 10:10:08 PM
Xeftilaikos
A1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Back2Back
We all know Justin has good intentions. But I agree with tunjevina, major changes like this, should be discussed by more than 2 managers. There are a lot of expirienced managers that could help. We have to consider what will be the impact in the economy and other aspects of BB.

Advertisement