BB Global (English) > Economy

Economy (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
152075.84 in reply to 152075.81
Date: 7/22/2010 2:29:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your thinking is flawed here. Perhaps having a high potential player (one that can be trained so that his skills are higher than the skills of a lower potential player) on your team will help you win ball games. Perhaps training to sell and use the profits to buy older better players is a good strategy. Perhaps buying a player for 60k and training him for 3 seasons so you can sell him for 1million isn't a waste of time. Your idea of how to manage is just one way to go, not the right way or the only way.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
152075.85 in reply to 152075.84
Date: 7/22/2010 3:11:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with you, that it's not the only way. But if you choose another path and later on come whine about your decision, that seems wrong to me. If I play 2-3 defence the whole season and come whine here that I get hammered by outside offences, would that be right? If you make a plan for 5 seasons to train a player for TL, you take a risk, if you get to that 5-th season and can't sell him for what you would have liked, then that plan was a bust (it does not matter why you could not sell him, market plunder, too many managers training for TL etc). With risking there is a chance for better rewards and for bigger busts. I would also like to keep constructing my arena this season, but I have to upgrade my roster a bit to be able to keep my team as a playoff team, before I can start the arena building again. That's called adapting. So if you want to avoid big surprises, start training for your team, not for anyone else (that involves picking the right potential for your trainee).
Tanking a season with 0 players - I think this option is not really for competitive countrys (yes, it's my view so it does not have to be 100% waterproof). So you make 5,6mil per season + your player sales. You demote, you will have to buy a competitive team with 5,6 mil extra cash. How much will you lose in income being in divII? You will have to be better than teams already running near 0 income. Thus you can't really make money week to week. Trying to find great player at the start of the season may take you weeks, thus costing you HC in the finals. What will happen if you can't promote. These are the questions you need to think about before going for that strategy. If you opt for that strategy and succeed, then all is well, if you are stuck in divII for 3 seasons, who is to blame then? Just like using cash to buy a monster player before playoffs, if you promote then paying him the 2,5mil + 450k/week was a good choise, if you can't promote then you have just wasted the money on his salary and his resale (which also might take several weeks), where you lose on sell price + tax.
So all I am saying is: you should choose a tactic that if something goes wrong you can let it go and take it like a man. When you risk and lose, then there is noone else to blame, but yourself. This game is always changing (is it improving, that's for everyone to decide on their own, I think it's improving constantly) and you should adapt accordingly. The basics still remain the same, it's not like JR determines how good your team rebounds starting season 14.

Last edited by Kukoc at 7/22/2010 3:17:55 AM

This Post:
152075.86 in reply to 152075.85
Date: 7/22/2010 3:32:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with you that you shouldn't whine if your plans fail. But that is human nature. I think by far the biggest mistake players make in this game (other than using 2-3 zone) is to expect the parameters to be rigid, especially on the TL.
I don't think tanking a season with 0 players is going to be the way refinancing happens. I see it more as dropping your salary by 300-400k , hiring locals to help your merch, and trying to finish near the bottom. That is what the Thai team is doing, and it is working. I do not know about this strategy in other countries, but it seems like a pretty good idea in small one like mine.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
152075.87 in reply to 152075.86
Date: 7/22/2010 3:43:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yep, we will have to wait and see how that plan works out.

To: red
This Post:
152075.88 in reply to 152075.77
Date: 7/22/2010 4:49:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
While I will grant there may be some small economic issues, the scale many are trying to take it to just shows a clear lack of understanding of how to run their team.

please. please my lord, tell me how to successfully run my team!!! :)

You have a set amount of money you can make, thats is, no more, no less. So to say you need more money is a fallacy off the bat.

Only a few people in this thread are asking for more money. Most are instead concerned with the fact that the amount of money you can make is too variable from season to season... in particular for those who have been trying to make money by training players and selling them.

This Post:
152075.89 in reply to 152075.88
Date: 7/22/2010 9:27:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
your kidding right your making fun of the 1post in this thread that hit the nail on the head so to speak.

This Post:
152075.90 in reply to 152075.88
Date: 7/22/2010 12:13:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well like in real life of course the amount of money you can make is variable. One of the things I believe the makers of BB tried to do was to make the market economy as much of a free market as possible. So prices will fluctuate up and down depending on the choices of the managers and not because they have been preset by any developer.

It makes sense then that some seasons trainees go for a lot more than in other seasons because it is the managers who are deciding to pay that much. In seasons where there are not many great trainees or players, the price they will get for those players is much higher and vice versa. This is similar to a sport where there is no salary cap. Owners/managers bid and go after whoever they want within their price range.

Also, I think it is important to note that for the most part you are competing with the members of your league (as someone said before). So even though you may be outbid on the transfer market by someone from another country, it does not impact you as much (although you may be sad because they can get better players than you). I think this makes training draft picks and trainees to keep for the future of your team much more important, because the draft picks you get are the ones that noone else will be able to outbid you on. And if your draft was not that good, that is the way drafting works in the real world of sports as well. You take a risk, looking at the skills or potential and just hope for the best.

Last edited by Glugs at 7/22/2010 12:13:57 PM

This Post:
152075.92 in reply to 152075.83
Date: 7/22/2010 1:20:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it will become a common strategy in the future. Sort of like rebuilding, only refinancing. There is currently one team doing it in Thailand. When he decides to spend his nest egg, he will be unbeatable for a number of seasons.

I tend to agree with this because it's temping to me so why wouldn't it be to other managers? This is unfortunate too because the great thing about BB, compared to playing Hattrick, was there is (was?) financial motivation to win and promote. It'd be a huge shame if BB becomes a game where its better to not compete for a few seasons for long term success. Long term planning is great, but if selling all your players and getting blown out in every game is the new model for long term success then the game will be way out of balance.

Of course, it wouldn't take alot of effort to make changes that would nullify this plan. The problem is the more amount of time that goes by the harder it will be to justify these types of changes.

Last edited by brian at 7/22/2010 1:22:25 PM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
152075.94 in reply to 152075.93
Date: 7/22/2010 1:30:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You'll never see an team NBA trade or fire all its best players and hire high school level players to fill out the roster.

The model that's working here is one of selling off all your players and replacing them with 3k scrubs, except for maybe a few trainees who will play 48 mins every other game. That's NBA tanking on steriods. It's as unrealistic as the enthusiasm system, and yet, it seems to be a great way to make a ton of money in the short term.

Last edited by brian at 7/22/2010 1:33:21 PM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
Advertisement