BB Global (English) > Stop robbing managers

Stop robbing managers

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
53381.85 in reply to 53381.84
Date: 10/25/2008 3:18:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Most teams will be unable to bid on the higher end trainers. So the idea of doing something to make the game easier for the lower end managers is weakened with this addition because supply outweights damand greatly, thus only those with money will be able to buy the top open staff.

the top staff ain't usefull for that prices the different ain't huge, just in the price so now you had tomluck wath staff helps me most and how much i could spend on it.

I would say that actually people makes the ebst buissnes who hire level four trainer, when they need a new one ...

The benefit of old teams would be history after dismissing their first free level 5 Staff members.

If you invest that money into skill, the managers with top treainers won't catch up your trainees.

This Post:
53381.86 in reply to 53381.83
Date: 10/25/2008 11:28:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

There are alot of healthy opinions and good comments in this one.. I would like to get my vote in on the next "big rfc and release" to be on the basketball/coaching side of the game. When all is said and done I think that is what draws in managers as well.. their interrest for basketball.

Peace,

-P

Here's to hoping the BBs read this thread and get some direction out of it.

This Post:
53381.87 in reply to 53381.86
Date: 10/30/2008 12:55:10 PM
Leones del Cinaruco
FCBBP
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is my personal thinking.

The new system isn't bad but very unfair. Why? Because a team must have lot of money to improve his training. When a manager take a team, he hasn't much money. In that order, he won't hire the optimal trainer and the old managers (they that have already played 3 seasons or more) have bigger arenas, a better roster and so.

The will hire the level 7 coach and will make a profitable step trading. But in this moment, other people - like me - can't do that even if we win matches, with this small arena and with less supporters we won't get that level. This means that always will exist a deep difference between us.

In summary... if we hire high level trainer we can't afford players or make a big arena. The economy will be very affected by this measure... Remember that the BB's reduced the incomes in teams...

Sorry for my english!

This Post:
53381.89 in reply to 53381.88
Date: 10/30/2008 2:29:28 PM
Leones del Cinaruco
FCBBP
Overall Posts Rated:
The second is that yes, the biggest teams have more opportunities. That's why unlike some other management games, in BuzzerBeater a team should never refuse promotion; when you promote, we try to immediately put you in a situation where you can be competitive with the other teams in your new division, and similarly when you demote, we try to prevent demoted teams from automatically being the best in their league.

That´s clear.

The first is that as I've said in the past, except for teams where slightly increasing the skills of their players is very, very valuable, a level 7 trainer probably loses them money, since that money would be better spent improving their players via the transfer market.

Can U explain me (or somebody else) this part? I suppose U refer to training programs. For example, one of my players is in the U21 NT... I don't have the money to hire a Lv 7 Trainer... My arena is just over the 6000 seats... and I have only 9 players... and three trainables guys... All because I want to promote... but, as I say before, the new system is no bad but U need money... lot of money...

This Post:
53381.90 in reply to 53381.89
Date: 10/30/2008 3:13:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I suppose that you can say goodbye to NT player from Colombian 3rd league, however you have still an option to be competitive even with level 5 coach, because is cheeper and have not so different affect. That means top teams will have better trainers, however only slightly better for much more money. It has an logic in this context.

This Post:
53381.91 in reply to 53381.90
Date: 10/30/2008 3:47:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
However It still might means that best way with higher level than 5 is to train by one phase or by only some two phases like one on one or rebounding or so, however it also means their team's slower training boost, which sounds cool

Last edited by Iordanou at 10/30/2008 3:48:21 PM

This Post:
53381.92 in reply to 53381.89
Date: 10/30/2008 5:34:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The first is that as I've said in the past, except for teams where slightly increasing the skills of their players is very, very valuable, a level 7 trainer probably loses them money, since that money would be better spent improving their players via the transfer market.

Can U explain me (or somebody else) this part? I suppose U refer to training programs. For example, one of my players is in the U21 NT... I don't have the money to hire a Lv 7 Trainer... My arena is just over the 6000 seats... and I have only 9 players... and three trainables guys... All because I want to promote... but, as I say before, the new system is no bad but U need money... lot of money...

When you buy a level 7 trainer, the idea is that your players receive more training than they would with a level 5 trainer. However, this comes at a cost: first, sinking a pile of money to buy the trainer, and then paying a significantly higher wage every week.

The bottom line is that from the point of view of making money, it is probably more effective to buy a level 5 trainer, and keep the extra money that you would have paid for the level 7 trainer.

That's, of course, if you're a masochist and you want to pay double for a minimal percentage increase in training.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
53381.93 in reply to 53381.92
Date: 10/30/2008 6:11:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

That's, of course, if you're a masochist and you want to pay double for a minimal percentage increase in training.

How much minimal would it actually be?

Perhaps, the difference between having 17 instead of 15 in an importante skill, in let's say, 3 to 5/6 players... how much money will you win at moment of the sell for that difference?

This Post:
53381.94 in reply to 53381.93
Date: 10/30/2008 6:17:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

How much minimal would it actually be?

Perhaps, the difference between having 17 instead of 15 in an importante skill, in let's say, 3 to 5/6 players... how much money will you win at moment of the sell for that difference?

Obviously, I have no inside information on the exact detail.

A very rudimentary calculation, however, shows that if lev 7 is 10% additional training (and that's just an example, my guess would be that it might be way less), then it takes 20 weeks to have a gain of 1 extra skill level. Even if we're talking 5 players, it's hardly worth the money being paid for level 7 coaches right now.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
53381.95 in reply to 53381.94
Date: 10/30/2008 6:25:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You're making it sound way less if you say that it takes 20 weeks to gain an extra skill level. If you exclude sub-levels than yes it may seem like a waste to wait 20 weeks to get an extra skill-level. Over 5 players that's a pretty nice increase. But i must agree that the money paid for level 7 trainers are way overpriced. I think it's like what BB-charles said, that people tend to want the newest goodies first and they good money for it. Like a PS3 going for 2000 euro's when it came out... Crazy.

Advertisement