BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Match Viewer Suggestions

Match Viewer Suggestions (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
10098.87 in reply to 10098.86
Date: 4/23/2009 8:27:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, but I doubt.

I mean, generating more text is not the same as generating more plays. The thing about the text lines is just to entertain and avoid repetitivity - the same calculations that would lead to a "goes baseline for a jumper" could be distributed between that and "goes for a fade away near baseline", e.g.

The shot that are blocked, well, the GE already knows they are blocked, since they show as stats, but just needs some text inputs like "rejected by", "wow WTF not in this house LOL", and so on.

And now especially with my suggestions, the quarter breakdown should be REALLY simple, and the +/- would require some data management but also, not that hard.

This Post:
10098.88 in reply to 10098.87
Date: 4/23/2009 10:23:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, but I doubt.

You can doubt all you want, but that is directly from the BB team.

I'm not offering an opinion - I am stating fact.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
10098.89 in reply to 10098.88
Date: 4/24/2009 12:01:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I know it's difficult to make changes to the match viewer.

But I'm just wondering if you know the timeframe to which some changes might be made?

Thanks

This Post:
10098.90 in reply to 10098.89
Date: 4/24/2009 12:02:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I really don't know at this point.

Match viewer changes are a serious project to undertake, so I presume it would be an offseason task, not to say that something will happen this offseason upcoming.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
10098.91 in reply to 10098.90
Date: 4/24/2009 5:47:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
One thing to know for everyone:

GMs don`t know anything about upcoming features or changes. GMs get those new at the same time as everyone else in this game then those are published on the news page. This is like that for very simple reason: GMs not suppose to get an advantage towards other users. As well as if we would know so it would be possible that we would say to some friend they would say to some one else and new would spread all over BB world... And what is if BB wouldn`t be successful making those things come true so everybody would be disappointed... That`s why everything is being published after it`s done.

Be my guest Juice to correct me if I`m mistaken somewhere.

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
This Post:
10098.92 in reply to 10098.91
Date: 4/25/2009 11:45:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
- I'd like to see a rare event appear: when rebounding a player tips the ball by mistake in his own hoop. It happens sometimes when two or more players are struggling to take the rebound.
- I also want to see backcourt violation, especially in a full court press.
- a great dribble event would be cool also. Offcourse rather from players with high handling.
- another nice event. It could be a variety of a regular assist but I would prefer to see it as a combo from good jump shot with good passing. Going for the jumper and passing the bal in mid-air to a team player.

Climbing the BB-mountain. Destination: the top.
Message deleted
This Post:
10098.94 in reply to 10098.92
Date: 4/27/2009 12:33:52 AM
Balls of Steel
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
1- I rarely watch the default shot chart view of the court. Rather I watch the Team Stats 90% of the time. On the bottom of the Team Stats page I would a Toggle Team View so that I can switch to my opponents Team Stats Page (generally to check how many fouls a player has). Now I must click the 'X' of my teams stats page, them click MORE on my opponents page, then 'X' this and reopen my Team Stats page. Please, give us a Toggle button, Please.

2- Pause Button- if the phone rings let me Pause the game so that I am not required to GO to a certain minute.

3- Shot blocked by Player A, or Player A altered Player B's shot.

4- Starting with maybe the 3rd foul, indicate how many fouls a player has. Also, notation when a player fouls out.

This Post:
10098.95 in reply to 10098.94
Date: 4/27/2009 11:57:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like almost everything you have suggested except
2- Pause Button- if the phone rings let me Pause the game so that I am not required to GO to a certain minute.

this one is not possible, cause game are going on LIVE. Can you push pause during LIVE game on TV???

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=

This Post:
10098.96 in reply to 10098.95
Date: 4/27/2009 12:01:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like almost everything you have suggested except

this one is not possible, cause game are going on LIVE. Can you push pause during LIVE game on TV???

yes :)

Timeshift is the key.

This Post:
10098.97 in reply to 10098.95
Date: 4/27/2009 11:10:03 PM
Balls of Steel
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you push pause during LIVE game on TV???

yes, it is called TiVO.
one can not fast forward live TV, but you certainly can Pause it.
the game is NOT live...rather the game engine creates the game ahead of time, right?
OK, maybe if I watch the 'Live' game right at the prescribed game time MAYBE there could not be a TiVO mode. but if you watch a replay (say two hours after the game time, surely a TiVO or Pause button would be possible
for example, a popular sokker game (NOT Hattrick) that has a match viewer allows for pausing that match.

So I DO think that it would be possible.

Last edited by dennis54 at 4/28/2009 12:50:48 AM

Advertisement