Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
136516.88 in reply to 136516.86
Date: 3/24/2010 1:20:48 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
Remember now shot blocking doesn't only affect blocked shots, but also help defense.

This Post:
136516.89 in reply to 136516.88
Date: 3/24/2010 2:38:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
so what use is there in mvp+ players now? as no one can afford to max there caps so why do we have any potential above mvp?

This Post:
136516.90 in reply to 136516.88
Date: 3/24/2010 2:43:29 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it would be useful to state explicitly what we expect should happen every offseason.

Players salaries update, players that have trained significantly will get more expensive, become more talented.

For some teams, this means these players are no longer affordable, and it doesn't make sense to spend that much money on them... they can compete without that level of player. Those players are in a sense suppose to promote up into higher division teams.

I know its painful to let go of players like that, but its necessary if we want to have different levels of competition and a dynamic market system.

Also, we expect that teams the just promoted, will quickly find that through a combination of a promotion bonus, tv money and increased fan support, they can afford to pay better players, and if they don't go out and buy those players they will quickly start falling behind in games. This will put them more on an even playing field with the other teams in their division.

Finally, teams that just demoted will find that they can no longer afford the same level of salary they were able to afford before and have to sell some of their players. This will put them more on an even playing field with the teams on their division.

So in summary, we expect that the start of the new season will be a period where lots of teams have to make moves to reconfigure themselves for the upcoming season. Figuring out how to do that in the best and most efficient way is a challenge of the game. We hope that it doesn't overwhelm the challenge of putting together a team which is built around a tactical strategy, but it is part of the game.

This Post:
136516.91 in reply to 136516.89
Date: 3/24/2010 3:41:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
so what use is there in mvp+ players now? as no one can afford to max there caps so why do we have any potential above mvp?

Good question. Something i would like to know also..

If we cant get any more income via ticketsales, because of a max stadium, if (i hope we still get a nice boost this season) we dont get a big boost via merchandising/tv contract, there is not a way to afford a fully trained 10+ potential player. At least not now..

BB included 11 ranks in potential. Giving us managers the idear that we could 'use' this potential fully by training our players to the max of this cap. But now we cant. A big bummer ofcourse..Its impossible to have a 500k salary player and also some nice assest around him and dont go bankrupt. What i do understand is that a current 500K salary player, is a 500k salary player with almost maxed 3 inside skills. If this player was trained multiskilled, he would have earned much less. In other words, he wasnt trained wisely and therefor its your own mistake that you are paying way to much salary..Players that are trained multiskilled now (trained in the same timerange as the 500k center), will ofcourse eventually reach and pass by the 500k mark also.

My question to you is:

will it be possible in the (near) future to own that well trained multiskilled 500k+ player and still have some nice 100k assets around him? Or in other words; does merchandising and tv contract up that big evantually?

Untill last week i thought i knew the answer, but now im getting scared. Scared because a 500k center is getting sold for 1 million. I've seen this in HT, and everybody knows how that ended..Bigtime salaryplayers are being sold for my 2 cents haha. While in the perfect world the 'best' players should cost the most.. I say 'best', because he earns the most. If he is not the best player, because trained not well and not THAT functional, he should not earn that much. In my perfect bb-world, the bigger the salary, the better and more functional the player. This way you dont get 500k players sold for 1 million and 100k salary players for 5 million. No HT..But thats another discussion, but i wanted it to be said.. Maybe something to think about as a BB'er..

I hope you can take away some fear. I invested quite a lot in 10+ potential players. It would be nice to see my long term project not getting punished. How demotivating would it be when im (almost) done training these high potential players in a good multiskilled way and nobody can pay there salary?

Thanks in advance,

Maupster

Last edited by Maupster at 3/24/2010 3:58:38 PM

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info
This Post:
136516.92 in reply to 136516.90
Date: 3/24/2010 3:47:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Personally I think that this point of view is simplistic: in highly competitive countries newly promoted teams, to avoid demoting immediately, should already be prepared (in terms of available money and in terms of a team that is simply already almost on par with generic teams of the higher division) to the more competitive setting. Otherwise they simply fail.

Moreover, I managed to keep my best players after demoting. You might argue that my team was simply not strong enough for an Italian III serie, that might be true (events support this interpretation and point of view)... but my point is: this view of the game is a really static interpretation, that adds up to a structure of divisions and series that already makes it much harder to be promoted than actually staying in the same division or even be demoted.

I think that promotions and demotions are already exceptions and that there is really no need to leverage on game policies (like the extremely heavy hand on fan number reduction after a demotion) to make them even more rare exceptions.

This Post:
136516.94 in reply to 136516.88
Date: 3/24/2010 4:34:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Remember now shot blocking doesn't only affect blocked shots, but also help defense.

But it's less expensive and more effective train directly the defensive skills ;D

This Post:
136516.95 in reply to 136516.93
Date: 3/24/2010 4:44:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
again if we cant train multiskilled players to 500k or more whats the point of the higher potentials

Last edited by zyler at 3/24/2010 4:44:41 PM

This Post:
136516.96 in reply to 136516.93
Date: 3/24/2010 4:48:22 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Fromy my side no mercy for teams that earned tons of money during the last seasons and they're crying now simply because they don't earn anymore 500k/week but only 50k/week. I didn't read everything but I've seen often "multiskilled" word and I've only one thing to point out. Trying to build a good PF/SF takes time and a lot of matches lost but when I've a very multiskilled SF and I've to face a run&gun with a comboshoter guard playing in SF position my SF sucks it means that is better to have 3 players well skilled in js/jr/od in position PG/playmaker/SF instead of having a real multiskilled player probably that's the reason why a lot of teams don't waste money and time trying to buy "the perfect player"

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
136516.97 in reply to 136516.93
Date: 3/24/2010 5:01:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Having said that, I'm now going to make a bold prediction: I predict there will never be a truly multiskilled 500k+ player. If 500k+ players are the handful of players in the game for which the salary formula produces the highest number, I would predict that monoskilled players who have been trained poorly will always dominate that list, and that it will be almost impossible to ever train a true multiskilled player to the same salary level as a monoskilled player. The multiskilled player would probably have more total pops and would be a heck of a lot more useful, but will probably never reach $500k. So the real answer to your question is that by training multiskilled players, you're getting your skill a lot more cheaply and avoiding this sort of problem.

Thanks for the quick reaction, as always..

Could you clearify something for me. Please correct me if im wrong..You are saying that poorly trained '500K' players will be the top earners in the future, and therefor multiskilled players will almost never earn more.

So, a multiskilled player can earn, lets say a fictive amount, maybe max something like 350k, because this 500k player is setting a virtual 'cap'. Will it therefor not possible to get a multiskilled 300k player with max MVP potential because the sum of skills will be more important for potential then salary? In other words: is a potential 10/11 still worth buying when you want to train a multiskilled player? If only salary will be the big deal to the cap in potential and not so much the amount of pops, and 500K will be the max in salary in the future, we are getting top multiskilled awesome players with max mvp potential and awfull monoskilled legendary 500k players who are worth nothing...If that is the case buying a MVP potential player would cost not less then a legendary one for multitraining, because it would be not possitble to pass by the mvp cap while multitraining..

Last edited by Maupster at 3/24/2010 5:06:33 PM

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info
This Post:
136516.98 in reply to 136516.95
Date: 3/24/2010 5:05:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
again if we cant train multiskilled players to 500k or more whats the point of the higher potentials

Potential does not directly depend on salary levels. You can still train an all time great to his maximum potential, although he just won't reach the salary he would have reached before.

Advertisement