Suggestions > Make the best players actually desirable

Make the best players actually desirable

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
158188.89 in reply to 158188.86
Date: 10/15/2010 3:31:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's worth reminding a few people what Lebron and Dwight actually looks like in Buzzerbeater terms.

From BB Forest in the NBA Sims thread...

In my most recent version Lebron was...

Jump Shot: prominent Jump Range: awful
Outside Def.: strong Handling: prominent
Driving: legendary Passing: prodigious
Inside Shot: prolific Inside Def.: proficient
Rebounding: respectable Shot Blocking: mediocre
Stamina: respectable Free Throw: prominent

Experience: legendary

which makes him a first league backup ;) if you want him as a dominant player today, he had to be skills above a good first league player. Yeah you could reduce skills to make a league 4 Lebron, which is equal for the calculation because the differences matters, but posting league 4 LeBron and saying that would be one of the most dominating players in game as it meant to be played and he just earn 45k salary is a wrong way ;)

Now imagine following player:

Jump Shot:t legendary Jump Range: tremendous
Outside Def.: stupendous Handling: prominent
Driving: legendary Passing: tremendous
Inside Shot: legendary Inside Def.: stupendous
Rebounding: stupendous Shot Blocking: mediocre
Stamina: respectable Free Throw: prominent

Experience: legendary

maybe this player have the ingame effect from LeBron, but probadly players would pay less for him then the fourth league Le Bron just because of his salary.Not because he have fewer secondaries, or is in any way a weaker player, no just because of his salary ;)

This Post:
158188.90 in reply to 158188.89
Date: 10/15/2010 3:39:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That version of Lebron would clearly fail a drugs test!

Lebron is Lebron, and BB-Forest posted his BB stats, so we know what they are! The BB gameworld just offers scope to create players much better than Lebron, because it is a game where excesses to the optimum level are possible in all parts of the game. Already the best leagues in Buzzerbeater are clearly a higher quality than the RL NBA - although I would give Lebron a go at PG in my Low Post offense, as my SF can always cover for him and defend the PG position ;-)

The kind of stat inflation you're talking about would reduce the "excessive" range and make the gameworld easier - too easy!

Last edited by Elmacca at 10/15/2010 3:40:29 AM

This Post:
158188.91 in reply to 158188.89
Date: 10/15/2010 3:47:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
saying that would be one of the most dominating players in game as it meant to be played and he just earn 45k salary is a wrong way ;)

Hang on, you're reading that into what I've posted, I didn't say that.

I think you guys need to start seeing the RL NBA as the average in the BB gameworld, not the elite level. It might start to make more sense that way.

Last edited by Elmacca at 10/15/2010 3:47:30 AM

This Post:
158188.92 in reply to 158188.91
Date: 10/15/2010 4:07:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
saying that would be one of the most dominating players in game as it meant to be played and he just earn 45k salary is a wrong way ;)

I think you guys need to start seeing the RL NBA as the average in the BB gameworld, not the elite level. It might start to make more sense that way.

but the NBA isn't the average in the real world, and when we talk about top notch palyers with top notch example there is no reason to look at fourth league players.

This Post:
158188.93 in reply to 158188.91
Date: 10/15/2010 5:33:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

The "BB-LeBron" is no valid example. If you would simulate a game to get NBA-results the other players would probably be in the 10-20k salary range, with similar or even better (hows that possible) experience.

This Post:
158188.94 in reply to 158188.92
Date: 10/15/2010 6:25:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That doesn't make any sense at all to me - this isn't the real world. It's not limited by real world conditions. It makes perfect sense to me that the real world reference of top quality, the NBA, are pitched somewhere near the mid-point of what can be achieved in this game, given that the game requires the capacity to overtrain to work as a game.

This Post:
158188.95 in reply to 158188.93
Date: 10/15/2010 6:27:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I totally disagree. I think it explains how the gameworld works very well. It just doesn't suit your argument so you're ignoring it, it appears to me.

This Post:
158188.96 in reply to 158188.95
Date: 10/15/2010 8:29:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Great explanations. BB-Lebron was made by the game creators themselves. From that we can conclude where the targeted starter salary should be. So the users creating those salary monsters are excess training few skills.
People have to understand that it should be impossible to own 5 freaks of nature and still stay out of negative weekly balance. If there would not be any managers willing to risk their own team for the sake of creating a freak (NT players), we would actually have a real life NT with players from all the top division. Salarys not really going over 150k. MVP+ potential players would still get training worth their potential, managers just need to train all around.

This Post:
158188.97 in reply to 158188.96
Date: 10/15/2010 9:26:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the Lebron created by the BB it's a very very very very very bad example

Because Lebropn in the real world is the current MVP of the NBA,one of the five best player in the NBA(world),so the Lebron of BB should be the strongest(or one of the top 5) players of BB as skills,and the player that Forest posted is not going to be starter neither in a good team of III division in a big country(that means that there are at least thousand of players strongest than him in BB)

BB-Lebron isn't the player that Crazyeye posted in his thread,because we can all see the limits that Lebron have,but surely the BB-Lebron would be more similar to his version than to the Forest version,with the related salary

So,while I agree as yet said in my previous post,that you can't be able to have 5 beasts on the field,you should be able to afford at least one supersuperstar surrounded by other playere of the level of the starter of the best B3 teams

This Post:
158188.98 in reply to 158188.97
Date: 10/15/2010 10:13:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
BB-Lebron isn't the player that Crazyeye posted in his thread,because we can all see the limits that Lebron have,but surely the BB-Lebron would be more similar to his version than to the Forest version,with the related salary

i just wanted to create a player, who is better or as good in skills but worthless through the salary and there are salary monster c with good secondaries and i am pretty sure other positions will follow.

This Post:
158188.99 in reply to 158188.97
Date: 10/15/2010 10:39:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your comprehension skills just aw me:D Explaining something to you is like trying to explain something to my houses front door.
How can you question the game creators Lebron? BB training regimes do not match real life -> thus BB players can not be compared to real life. It seems BB players have evolved to be better than their RL counterparts. It's obvious to us that with a player with great height, potential and high level trainer mix, you can create unreal players. Asking for a team to really uphold 5 of those unreal players + subs + staff, is pardon my french: idiotic.
BB's were prolly hoping (they have also implyed such a thing in the forums) smart training (salary efficiant) by the users. The NT trainers seem just to be the sideeffect of some bored managers (perhaps even a smart multimanagers).

Advertisement