BB Global (English) > NBA FINALS!

NBA FINALS!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
279850.89 in reply to 279850.87
Date: 6/20/2016 1:05:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Golden State's defense in the paint was horrible, and they gave up a lot of fast breaks in the 1st half. Their defense was improved 2nd half.

Remember GS was without their best rim protector and Cleveland only scored 42 at the half. It doesn't matter where those points are coming from, holding a team to 42 in the half is good defense. Sure, I agree that GS didn't play great defense this game, but their defense was solid. Also, remember GS likes to play small lineups without centers and for most of the game they did not have a true big man on the court so they allow more points in the paint.

The excuses in the tone I think i hear (do I hear those) aside. i'll focus on objective facts.

Bogut was hurt, they knew this for days going in and had time to prepare.

"it doesn't matter where points are coming from" I'm going to have to say that the vast majority of coaches are going to disagree with you on that. It completely matters where the points are coming from. A guy hitting a tough jumper as he fades away is way more acceptable than being barely touched on your way to a wide open lay-up for example.

GS does like to play small line-ups which means they are used to it, and no what they should should not be able to do.

I do agree holding a team to 42 is good. But, how they got the 42 compared to how they were shooting... its not as impressive. Most teams that scored 42 points in a half do not shoot less than 10% on their jump shots.

This Post:
279850.90 in reply to 279850.87
Date: 6/20/2016 2:05:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Also, remember GS likes to play small lineups without centers and for most of the game they did not have a true big man on the court so they allow more points in the paint.

Along with that, GS didn't crash the boards and it seemed like every time there was a 50-50 ball, the Cavs jumped on it. Ezeli was on the floor for some periods, but he didn't make things easier on offense by missing shots from close range. He and Varejao both did poorly, considering the fact that Love pulled down 14 rebounds.

This Post:
279850.92 in reply to 279850.91
Date: 6/20/2016 6:48:42 AM
Totwart
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
Let's try to stay in a normal discussion and not enter into personal attacks or sentences that could be considered offensive, please.

This Post:
279850.93 in reply to 279850.1
Date: 6/20/2016 1:41:00 PM
Syngas
LPBV
Overall Posts Rated:

This Post:
279850.94 in reply to 279850.6
Date: 6/20/2016 1:59:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I bet serious money on the Cavs to win this series.

Thx LeBron for paying for my new Porsche! #swag

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
279850.95 in reply to 279850.89
Date: 6/20/2016 3:10:40 PM
Edson Rush
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
The excuses in the tone I think i hear (do I hear those) aside. i'll focus on objective facts.

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that GS would have won if Bogut was healthy. I think Cleveland wins regardless of Bogut's health. I was actually pulling for Lebron to silence the haters, so I'm happy to see Cleveland win, I just think its unfair for you to call GS's defensive effort in Game 7 poor.

I agree with you Ezeli and Varejao played poorly, but I'm just saying that overall GS played good defense. Cleveland got alot of points in the paint, but Cleveland has two of the best rim attackers in the game and it wasn't like GS was just giving them open layups.

"it doesn't matter where points are coming from" I'm going to have to say that the vast majority of coaches are going to disagree with you on that. It completely matters where the points are coming from. A guy hitting a tough jumper as he fades away is way more acceptable than being barely touched on your way to a wide open lay-up for example.

My wording was poor here. Of course its more acceptable for guys to hit tough, well contested shots than giving them open layups. But, its also unacceptable to give guys uncontested open shots. Sure GS had an average paint defense, but they did an excellent job contesting Cleveland's shots. Saying that holding Cleveland to 42 wasn't impressive because they shot so poorly on jumpshots ignores the role of the GS defense in forcing Cleveland into talking difficult jumpers.

Last edited by Mountaineer at 6/22/2016 12:09:27 AM

This Post:
279850.97 in reply to 279850.96
Date: 6/20/2016 7:50:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Good post.
I think it falls on def ears. For some people watching pro sports in only an effort to find fault in the successful and disparage them.

What do you have against deaf people?

Were you not already warned about personal attacks? Wolph, grow up.

This Post:
279850.98 in reply to 279850.95
Date: 6/20/2016 7:51:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I never said their defense was poor. I said I wouldn't say it was a solid defense, and said it was solid at times, and great for flashes of 1 or 2 plays.

Same can be said about the Cavs defense that game.

I personally do not think the Cavs still win had Bogut been healthy game 6 and 7.

Advertisement