BB Global (English) > Seriously WTF?

Seriously WTF? (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277903.9 in reply to 277903.8
Date: 3/11/2016 11:43:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't really mind spending 1 million on an average player because I'll be able to sell him a season later for close to that again.

This Post:
277903.10 in reply to 277903.9
Date: 3/11/2016 3:02:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
@ King L:
Prices are going more and more crazy, now when you can't tank a lot money like before (bonus taxes), it will be worse, cos all those tanky guys must spent their money if they don't want to lose it in the air.. so be prepared my friend.. :)
Also
Not that I agree with it but I think this is exactly what BB wants. I think they are trying to force people to develop their own players instead of being uncompetitive for years until you have a mountain of cash and then buying a bunch of superstars.
Someone has to develop the players to allow people to buy them from the TL.

You’re all correct. The powers absolutely want training to rule absolutely. They don’t trust the demand for players to be met because not enough people train players in this wonky training system. However, they don’t want to reform it (or are unable to do so). Consequently, all that’s left to them if to mess with the economy, as King L describes. So what if the rest of the game is wrecked as long as training rules?

This Post:
277903.11 in reply to 277903.10
Date: 3/11/2016 4:04:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The powers absolutely want training to rule absolutely. They don’t trust the demand for players to be met because not enough people train players in this wonky training system. However, they don’t want to reform it (or are unable to do so). Consequently, all that’s left to them if to mess with the economy, as King L describes. So what if the rest of the game is wrecked as long as training rules?

Once again, you're repeating the disproven assertion that they want training to rule everything, based on your fundamental misreading or misrepresentation of a couple of lines from a couple of posts that have to be strained well beyond their breaking point to somehow fit into your fixation with this game being a training exercise. I'll just re-link a bunch of posts that let you re-read what BB-Marin himself said.

(270968.3)
(270734.28)
(270734.98) *
(270734.99) *
(270150.24)
(270150.28)

On the current issue, though, players must come from somewhere. To elaborate:

Players must come from somewhere. When there are lots of players available (~3 years ago), prices are terribly low as players continued being dumped into free agency as the game shed some tens of thousands of teams over time. Naturally, there was also a trend of people eschewing training because rather than spend five seasons creating a player and spending the money on a trainer, the effort on minute management, etc., you could just pick up a finished player through free agency for much less financial investment and be instantly better.

Players must come from somewhere. When there are much fewer players (~1 year ago), prices are terribly high, as teams in the highest leagues for the most part still almost are forced choose to sacrifice training for the financial benefits that come with remaining competitive, so good players are still in demand. But the players who weren't being trained still don't exist, so the supply of skilled players is diminished and much higher in age, which requires more frequent replacement as skills drop.

Players must come from somewhere. When prices are not where the community wants them to be, the fixation with blaming the BB staff for "messing with the economy" always intrigues me. Messing with the economy would be creating players out of thin air to continue to subsidize low transfer prices, or restricting players from being transferred unless they've been, say, on a roster for a year. Free agency is and continues to be a very small percentage of players in the game (or to use Marin's exact words: "Also, let's not forget that the ratio of free agents versus normal players in the TL has always been rather small. ").

Players must come from somewhere. We are seeing now what happens when the player pool suffers from years (not seasons) of serial under-training. The cure for that is, naturally, players being trained to replenish the pool. Speeding up that process, in my opinion, would be a great move, but that would actually be a case of BB making a massive change in the economy directly. Unless that happens, the direction of the TL prices will continue to depend on whether enough people take the time and spend the money to train the players that you want, or whether they'll continue trying to salvage other people's efforts and keep spending even more money to do so as the merely old players become decrepit.

This Post:
277903.12 in reply to 277903.11
Date: 3/11/2016 5:49:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Players must come from somewhere. … But the players who weren't being trained still don't exist, so the supply of skilled players is diminished and much higher in age, which requires more frequent replacement as skills drop. … We are seeing now what happens when the player pool suffers from years (not seasons) of serial under-training. The cure for that is, naturally, players being trained to replenish the pool.

That's pretty much the same thing I said, only I cut to the chase and say it in fewer words. And the "cure" is to reform training so that there IS enough training going on.

This Post:
277903.13 in reply to 277903.1
Date: 3/11/2016 9:45:14 PM
Edson Rush
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Prices are definitely out of control. I think as a start BBs should start releasing the above 60k salary players to Free agency again.

This Post:
277903.14 in reply to 277903.11
Date: 3/12/2016 12:39:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
We are seeing now what happens when the player pool suffers from years (not seasons) of serial under-training. The cure for that is, naturally, players being trained to replenish the pool. Speeding up that process, in my opinion, would be a great move, but that would actually be a case of BB making a massive change in the economy directly.

I think increasing the amount of trainers available would also help without influencing the economy so much directly.

This Post:
277903.15 in reply to 277903.14
Date: 3/12/2016 3:53:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Prices aren't problem. Problem is your financial policy. You input new taxes, that cut earnings. I remember more than 7 y ago prices was high. But players had money for shoping on TL.
Now I'm - 20k weekly. And my player salaries are below salaries border. It's stupid.

This Post:
277903.17 in reply to 277903.16
Date: 3/12/2016 12:46:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think it was very difficult to forsee what we have seen with the market. I am probably talking out of my ass because I don't have access to really data bit:

1) BB user base declining which leads to less players on the market and a decrease in supply of players on the TL. However because of how BB is structured, demand in many aspects of the BB economy is exactly the same. In USA, we don't really have a DV anymore but we still have exactly the same numbers of DIII/DII/DI teams. Prices go up. Not surprising with demand constant and supply decreasing, prices have gone up.

2) You can make all the arguements you want about the percentage of players in free agency vs. rest of the TL, but limiting the supply of players has helped led to the drastic increase in prices.

3) Hoarding tax has created an incentive for people to spend their money or they lose it but with a decreasing pool of players it had lead to higher prices.

4) Increasing promotion bonus once again has increased the amount of money in market but with a decreasing player pool has helped increase player prices.

The only remedy is to increase the supply of players and/or find a way to take money out of econmy. Increasing the supply of players is easy. You get rid of FA limits which will help in the short term and you increase training speed which will help in the long term.

This Post:
277903.18 in reply to 277903.13
Date: 3/12/2016 2:02:10 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Prices are definitely out of control. I think as a start BBs should start releasing the above 60k salary players to Free agency again.

Probably one of the shorter posts in the thread but one of the most significant. Players of this quality are the ones that are probably most in demand when they appear on the TL. With them missing the demand moves both above and below, to the NT players, and to players in the 40k-60k range. Its attempting to buy those players which is becoming frustrating to many.

This Post:
277903.19 in reply to 277903.17
Date: 3/12/2016 3:11:58 PM
Edson Rush
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe to help increase player supply in the long term, the BBs could make 2 position training as effective as single position training.

Advertisement