Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
53381.9 in reply to 53381.7
Date: 10/11/2008 4:27:18 PM
New York Jests
IV.30
Overall Posts Rated:
How big are the weekly increases planned to be?

This Post:
53381.10 in reply to 53381.6
Date: 10/11/2008 4:50:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, let's see what the numbers look like globally when things settle down.

With that said, I hope you will think back to the past few months and realize that if we had a goal of lowering revenue, we would not be shy about telling people that we wanted to lower revenue and explaining our reasons why we felt it was important to do so.

You cant ignore the fact that you want to lower our global revenue. I didnt see the reason for lowering our tournement revenue and now this, rising wages of staff. After these 2 changes it seems to us that you want to lower our revenue.

This Post:
53381.12 in reply to 53381.11
Date: 10/11/2008 5:56:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I disagreed with the salary increase thing when you first proposed it and I still don't like it. It means that I constantly will need to be looking for a new coach to maximize my team's economy. In other words, I will have to devote more time playing the game. I will have to figure out the optimal time to change coaches and the optimal price.

The old system is not very interesting but at least it was easier to understand when to make changes.

Wouldn't it be better to have your coach become a free agent at a fixed date after you sign him? Then at least I know when I will have to replace the coach.

Also, I would much rather bid on the weekly salary of the coach rather than a huge "bonus" that goes nowhere. Either that or take away the salary of the coach altogether.

Finally, I don't get the relation to the real world. The coach's skill is not improving but he gets constant salary increases which are more than inflation?

Last edited by HeadPaperPusher at 10/11/2008 5:58:20 PM

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
53381.13 in reply to 53381.12
Date: 10/11/2008 6:13:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I will have to figure out the optimal time to change coaches and the optimal price.

Just the same way you have to figure out the optimal player skills, wages and tactics. That's what the game is all about, really.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
53381.14 in reply to 53381.13
Date: 10/11/2008 8:45:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, this is not the point...it's not anymore a question of good management , it's a fight to survival without the option of buy or to proper train the players.
If I get a +250k in a year (+250k because my team is going well) and then I had to spend the same to fire and rehire a level 5 coach I cannot play anymore. Only survive.
It is no good or bad management if I had no options.

And more, I'm also obliged to waste other money to free my team from doctors and pr that I surely cannot substain and that are the same draining my resources.

I'm curious to see the level of abandons after some weeks of this foolish thing...

This Post:
53381.15 in reply to 53381.14
Date: 10/11/2008 8:57:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, this is not the point...it's not anymore a question of good management , it's a fight to survival without the option of buy or to proper train the players.

You know what? It's exactly the same for everyone else. And it's _always_ a question of good management -- the guys who usually survive are the ones who manage best.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
53381.16 in reply to 53381.15
Date: 10/11/2008 9:09:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no in this type of games are 3 way to raise money:
buy and sell players continously
train and sell
win games and enlarge the palace.
The third it's an option that open when you have done the first or the second.

So if you take away from me the possibility to train and sell it remains only an option: the industrial trading. Ok, it's the developers choice, no reason to complain.
For me this is not management, but only a question of how many times you remain connected. Your choice, ok.

Just prepare yourself to count the corpses of abandoned teams.

This Post:
53381.17 in reply to 53381.16
Date: 10/11/2008 9:26:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Hardly.

I don't see any legitimate reason why the user base will not continue to expand.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
53381.18 in reply to 53381.17
Date: 10/11/2008 9:32:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It was, and it is, also my hope...but I think that this implementation need some urgent adjustements or it would kill the amusement of many players.
I hope to be wrong, naturally...really.

This Post:
53381.19 in reply to 53381.16
Date: 10/11/2008 9:34:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no in this type of games are 3 way to raise money:
buy and sell players continously
train and sell
win games and enlarge the palace.
The third it's an option that open when you have done the first or the second.

So if you take away from me the possibility to train and sell it remains only an option: the industrial trading. Ok, it's the developers choice, no reason to complain.
For me this is not management, but only a question of how many times you remain connected. Your choice, ok.

That's not exactly how the economic fundamentals work.

In the long run, you can't make money from winning game and enlarging the arena. First, there is a limit on the crowd that you'll get. Second, if you're making more than you're spending per week, that means that the next guy can have a stronger team than yours by simply spending exactly as much as they're making per week. So that's not exactly an option, unless you want to voluntarily run a weaker team.

As a consequence, the only way for teams to make money at this stage is to train and sell players. How long do you train them is entirely up to you. Either way, one thing doesn't change: the folks who manage their teams better will end up on top. It's really as simple as that. All rumours of the apocalypse coming are likely strongly exaggerated.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 10/11/2008 9:38:56 PM

Advertisement