Show messages by
This Post:
318174.91 in reply to 318174.9
Date: 2/15/2023 3:15:07 AM
Klappse Episode 23
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
I disagree partially here.

Rich teams still wouldnt overpay as much as you think for a player, whos auction ends in the night. As much as you want a bargain, they dont want to overpay. No Manager would just put in a 5m$ bid on a 1m$ player and risk this ending up being 1.5m$ because someone is desperate and needs to overpay massively.

The human factor is still in play, because everyone has to think about the value and what they are realistically willing to pay, before giving a max bid.

You should be able to cancel your max bid if you want, at any time.

Keep in mind, there are people like me, who dont have a lot of time to keep checking auctions ect. I lost dozens upon dozens of personal and players, because i didnt have the time to stay active during bidding. This would give me a somewhat fair chance to score a player, even if i cant be present

Last edited by OpatheOne at 2/15/2023 3:17:07 AM

This Post:
318174.92 in reply to 318174.11
Date: 2/15/2023 3:17:34 AM
Dynamo J. Hradec
První liga
Overall Posts Rated:
You're enjoying long lasting bidwars? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue. It will rise the market prices though.

You're happy with X last second bids against you? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue.

You're enjoying waking up at 2 am to bid a player? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue. Remember, you're not playing alone. You might just get outbid anyway.

You're happy in the morning to see the desired player was outbid during the night because you didn't want to wake up at 2 am? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue.

Just make your best bid and be done with it.

1 - it does: you're not doing it manually, it's done automatically
2 - it does: doesn't matter if the bid against you is fast or last sec, your bid is done automatically
3 - it does, partially: your chances are higher to buy player for reasonable price and not be outbid by single bid of the opponent
4 - it does, partially: see 3

This Post:
318174.93 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 3:20:49 AM
BC Delfinii Purpurii
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Grudgebearers
So to me this needs to be better explained before any kind of poll can be relevant.

From the information provided and what I see in the suggestions so far, it looks like users each have their own interpretation of how this system will work and how it can improve or not the game. Which in a way it's cool , but I feel like most of the users that voted they actually voted for a dream of how cool this feature will be and in the end they will end up disappointed.

My suggestion is to help us with some examples of how you are thinking to implement this.

Let's say 3 scenarios, player John Doe is sold with a starting price of 500k, what would happen if:
- one user with auto-bid participates in the auction
- two users with auto-bid participate in the auction
- three or more users with auto-bit participate in the auction

Then maybe on each scenario you can explain how the feature would improve the quality of life for those users as opposed to what is happening now.

Thanks and looking forward for an explanation like that.

This Post:
318174.94 in reply to 318174.90
Date: 2/15/2023 3:30:44 AM
SSV Waschbären Naumburg
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Waschbären Hannover
I don't like this idea and it could be a reason to close with the game for me.

The automaticly bit system is for me a tool for teams with a lot of money, mostly from the higher divison. Teams with a low budget have often only the chance to get a cheap player if there are lock late at night or to be online at the time of the deadline. Thats there human capital and thats for me a big part of the game.
I would really enjoy an other thing. Teams that didn't have bit bevore the first deadline should not allowed to bit after that time. Often there ist a "bit war" between two or three teams to get a player and 20 minutes after deadline a completly new team take the last bit. That is someting, that really frustrating me.

This Post:
318174.95 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 3:48:10 AM
The White Walkers
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Ice Dragons
I voted no because it would be really annoying bidding against an AI, if someone has a max bid then they should just bid their max bid if they aren't going to be online at the time the bid ends

This Post:
318174.96 in reply to 318174.94
Date: 2/15/2023 3:55:56 AM
Beerschot Bears
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
No hard need for the feature for me, but I'm not strongly against it either. I'll continue to enjoy this game anyway!

I think however, as already explained by some others, this will not be a solution for my most common frustrations with the transfer list.

- It does not solve long lasting bid wars
- It does not solve frustrating last second bids
- I don't think it will necessarily increase your chances for buying high skilled players (for a fair price)

As E.B.W mentioned, I do see more benefit in reducing the 3-minute reset timer. This probably requires less development time and speeds up the whole bidding process.

Thanks for the open feedback opportunity and all the great work. Much appreciated!

This Post:
318174.97 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 2/15/2023 4:34:22 AM
龙之队8
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
球霸
Strongly opposed, this is very unfriendly to new players, and it also loses a great playability of the game. The fixed-point alarm clock picks up cheap players, which is the charm of the trading market, and also increases the activity of the game. If you can bid, it is not necessary to log in to the game once a week, so there is no viscosity, new players are uninteresting and old players are slowly lost

Message deleted
This Post:
318174.99 in reply to 318174.96
Date: 2/15/2023 4:38:58 AM
Great Fires
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Fires Academy
I voted yes. It's an opportunity to people to bid without very long bid wars. Also it's an economic control, you aren't going to spend more that you expected and without last second stress.

Advertisement