Training Speed Analysis 2

Set priority
Show messages by
Message deleted

This Post:
78242.94 in reply to 78242.93
Date: 6/8/2009 10:56:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That is crazy fast how you're developing your guards using One on One.
I want to train my C and PF and wish to have the same kind of success, which training program should I use to train them as fast as possible?

My trainees are:
Player A: 19-year-old, 6'9", superstar
Player B: 19-year-old, 7'0", perennial allstar
Player C: 18-year-old, 6'7", perennial allstar
Player D: 20-year-old, 6'8", perennial allstar

This Post:
78242.95 in reply to 78242.94
Date: 6/8/2009 11:45:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
do you want to train them into one of the inside skills? or you want some all around?

what do you prefer shoting or defense?

Example of training

Stamina (befor season begin
Din2 (inside defense for c/pf)
Din2
Din2
Din2
Din2
Din2
TLL Freethrow at all star weekend
Din2
REB1 (Rebounding with pf/c)
REB1
REB1
REB1
RES (stamina if you don't get 3 games a week)

this will up your players like:

1 lvl inside Shooting
1 lvl Shotblocking
2 lvl Rebounding
3 lvl Inside defense

And Probably (89% augment) some popup into Driving skill depending on previous skills sublevels

i think this is one of the best all season train for inside players. Of course you can like more shoting but this could be another day discusion :P

This Post:
78242.96 in reply to 78242.60
Date: 6/9/2009 1:56:15 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
Why would you call a player with a good inside shot a PF? Lebron James has a good inside shot and he is not a PF.. In the rules, IS is decribed as two point baskets, that could mean a 15 foot jumper to a lay up or even a dunk..When you run Look Inside, all the players go inside.. My starting SG has strong inside shot and prominent JS.. When I play look inside he is a monster..Also, I love that people think that ID is not needed for the SG position.. They will be eaten up by a SG with a good inside shot.. I believe that all players should have ID and OD and IS.. Passing is also very important for your big men.. I think that this game should reward the really well rounded players..I have a 21 SG trainee who will have 9 strongs by the end of this season. This is just what I think..peace

This Post:
78242.97 in reply to 78242.95
Date: 6/9/2009 2:41:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks. I prefer to improve their Inside Shot/Inside Def/Rebounding first before thinking about other things as they're not very good to begin with, and I guess I'll improve their inside shot first before inside defense.

But based on your training program, the most I can improve my C/PF is probably around 7 levels in a season? This pales considerably compared to the 13-15 levels by Buxar using One on One for guards.
Or is it simply more rewarding to train guards and buying PF/C from transfer list instead?

This Post:
78242.98 in reply to 78242.97
Date: 6/9/2009 4:25:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks. I prefer to improve their Inside Shot/Inside Def/Rebounding first before thinking about other things as they're not very good to begin with, and I guess I'll improve their inside shot first before inside defense.

But based on your training program, the most I can improve my C/PF is probably around 7 levels in a season? This pales considerably compared to the 13-15 levels by Buxar using One on One for guards.
Or is it simply more rewarding to train guards and buying PF/C from transfer list instead?

Dont worry about 1-1 guard trainers... its the cheapest training regime :-)

OD/ID in my opinion are the key skills for all players and just mindlessly pumpin up HD/DR may create more pops and prettier players for the TL but as we are currently seeing, managers are wisening up and NOT buying these players in favour of more balanced guys..... BUT this is just my opinion!!

This Post:
78242.99 in reply to 78242.98
Date: 6/9/2009 10:43:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
OD/ID in my opinion are the key skills for all players and just mindlessly pumpin up HD/DR may create more pops and prettier players for the TL but as we are currently seeing, managers are wisening up and NOT buying these players in favour of more balanced guys..... BUT this is just my opinion!!

Just because almost all of the top teams in BBB primarily focus on improving OD and ID and have a high level of success does not mean it should be emulated by others ...

What happens if the GE changes stop favouring defense?

This Post:
78242.100 in reply to 78242.99
Date: 6/9/2009 11:12:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Just because almost all of the top teams in BBB primarily focus on improving OD and ID and have a high level of success does not mean it should be emulated by others ...

That is true, but that sort of thing could happen with any skill. Your best bet would be to train all around players but for now, defense seems to be the key to winning so why not train it. The GE could also change in favour of defense (although not likely ;)

This Post:
78242.101 in reply to 78242.99
Date: 6/9/2009 11:21:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Since it takes so much longer to train OD I don't think it is correct to say that the GE favors defence... You get what you train for. If you manage to utilise it to fit your teams tactics, that is. If everything was weighted the same it would be no point in having training work like it does. Then you could get an amount of points to distribute on different skills the way you see fit. In fact, if everything was weighted the same it would be pointless to have different skills. One skill would be sufficient. "My best player has BA (Basketball) 19. Beat that!"... I don't think that would have made a very exiting game. "Let's see, who will win the next game. My team has a total of 87 points, while my opponent has 75. Great, I win!"

Last edited by Svett Sleik (U21-Scout Norge) at 6/9/2009 11:23:30 AM

This Post:
78242.102 in reply to 78242.99
Date: 6/9/2009 11:21:36 AM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:

a rollback happens

This Post:
78242.103 in reply to 78242.99
Date: 6/9/2009 1:37:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

We cash in our Tremendous OD/ID guys for 1.2-1.3mil and buy some Prodigious IS/JS guys for 1.4-1.5mil :)

Advertisement