BB Global (English) > Economy

Economy (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
152075.99 in reply to 152075.83
Date: 7/22/2010 2:06:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it will become a common strategy in the future. Sort of like rebuilding, only refinancing. There is currently one team doing it in Thailand. When he decides to spend his nest egg, he will be unbeatable for a number of seasons. It will be my best option in about two seasons because my players are no longer valuable on the TL, although they are very good players with very low salaries. I don't think I will go that way, opting instead to try a new experiment when my team finally gets too old to take the floor.

It will become a common strategy for the teams that could be almost sure to rise up quickly,when they decide that they made enough money to build a competitive team...but also in this strategy,there will be enormous differences in the different countries
A Thai team of I division who decide to use this tactic,would relegate in II division,with the incomes of a II division team and a good weekly amount of money every week,so he can made this decision being sure to rise again when he wants.A Spanish team of III division who decide to use this tactic,would relegate in a IV division,with the incomes of a IV division that are too much lower than the incomes of a Thai II division,and he would need much more time to build a competitive team,only for the level of a spanish III division

There are enormous difference among the various countries,but the market is global,and the incomes are not related to anything else than the mebership to a certain division,who requeires very different levels in the various countries...so the economy is never stable because there are teams with really different weekly balances,while a stable market would require an equilibrium in weekly balance,and in the incomes/expenses/competitivity ratio

This Post:
152075.100 in reply to 152075.99
Date: 7/22/2010 2:24:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A Thai team of I division who decide to use this tactic,would relegate in II division,with the incomes of a II division team and a good weekly amount of money every week,so he can made this decision being sure to rise again when he wants.A Spanish team of III division who decide to use this tactic,would relegate in a IV division,with the incomes of a IV division that are too much lower than the incomes of a Thai II division,and he would need much more time to build a competitive team,only for the level of a spanish III division

Rofl....you're missing the point....this so called tactic is not possible in any country's division 3 or 4....the incomes are too low and why are you comparing 2 division to 3 or 4 incomes...honestly if you can't build winning team don't blame economy and so tell me how some people in italy or w.e division 3 or 2 actually promote higher if its so impossible by your belief....

This Post:
152075.101 in reply to 152075.100
Date: 7/22/2010 2:59:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Rofl....you're missing the point....this so called tactic is not possible in any country's division 3 or 4....the incomes are too low and why are you comparing 2 division to 3 or 4 incomes...honestly if you can't build winning team don't blame economy and so tell me how some people in italy or w.e division 3 or 2 actually promote higher if its so impossible by your belief....

Hey man,other users says that this tactic will became common because of the economic situation that will happen in the next season in many countries,I say why it will not happen in many big countries because of the too low incomes of some divisions

This Post:
152075.103 in reply to 152075.98
Date: 7/22/2010 5:56:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm making about 30k a week now (not including bonuses) and making very little value on training. I could easily sell of all of my players and tank for a the next 2-3 seasons and end up in D.III while doing some great training that's not possible while trying to compete. It would be easy to profit 200-300k per week minimum going this route, netting millions every season. With that bankroll and 3 well trained players you could build a super team that nobody would be able to compete with.
Go on try it, if you think it's so easy. I'm pretty sure it's pretty challenging to pull off in US. You are just speculating. I think there will be atleast one happy manager in US (the one who get's your spot in divI).

Last edited by Kukoc at 7/22/2010 7:39:44 PM

This Post:
152075.104 in reply to 152075.103
Date: 7/22/2010 7:08:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm making about 30k a week now (not including bonuses) and making very little value on training. I could easily sell of all of my players and tank for a the next 2-3 seasons and end up in D.III while doing some great training that's not possible while trying to compete. It would be easy to profit 200-300k per week minimum going this route, netting millions every season. With that bankroll and 3 well trained players you could build a super team that nobody would be able to compete with.
Go on try it, if you think it's so easy. I'm pretty sure it's pretty challenging to pull off in US. You are just speculating. I think there be atleast one happy manager in US (the one who get's your spot in divI).

The fact that its even crossed his mind and furthermore he has admitted considering it should tell you its not just a spur of the moment potential decision.

Being able to train 3 unique SF's with average salaries of 60-70k even when you are in Division III and having a few $1k players that will be replaced when you decide to promote again will smash the competition. If you are worried about the competition, then tank the cup and put everything into the regular season.

Maybe we need to tighten the restrictions to buy and sell further and/or introduce contracts with rewards such as 'frozen salaries' so that long term planning can be rewarded, less players find themselves on the market and so internal training becomes more effective and the TL when it is used costs more relative to where we are today.

This Post:
152075.105 in reply to 152075.104
Date: 7/22/2010 7:37:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are you for real? A team who is playing in US divI for his 11-th season and has won 5 championships (including last season) is going to drop to divIII? Really??? First of all it's his pride that will stop him, if that fails (I doubt it), then it's common sense that comes into play. If he really goes through with it and is unable to promote again, he will most certainly quit. I dare him to do it, if for nothing else then to prove everyone that it can be done.
I do not what his tactic is, perhaps he tryes to lure his opponents to throw in the towel, making them believe that would be the way to US divI championship. I don't know, but if he truly does it, then I will make a t-shirt saying: "I suck hard at BB theorycrafting" and will post a pic of me wearing it in this thread, him failing and me being right is enough of a reward for me.
I might have considered buying lvl7 speciality trainer, it does not mean I will ever do it.

This Post:
152075.106 in reply to 152075.103
Date: 7/22/2010 7:38:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Go on try it, if you think it's so easy.

As soon as I win the B3

You are just speculating.

Not really, in year 1 (NBBA revenues) I'd make way more then 300k per week, year 2 in DII would be conservatively 200-300k. year 3 would be less then that, but the net of 3 years in that plan would be pretty close. Of course, this is all based on the current economic conditions which may or may not stay the same.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
152075.107 in reply to 152075.106
Date: 7/22/2010 7:40:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice evasion.

This Post:
152075.108 in reply to 152075.105
Date: 7/22/2010 7:40:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well - you could always be the guinea pig.... it might be your road to reaching the top division?

This Post:
152075.109 in reply to 152075.105
Date: 7/22/2010 7:42:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are you for real?

I do not what his tactic is, perhaps he tryes to lure his opponents to throw in the towel, making them believe that would be the way to US divI championship.

Oh the irony.

My point was that if its tempting to me, it can be tempting to just about any D1 team in the world. Im not saying i will do it, depends on how things play out, but its def in the cards.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
Advertisement