BB Global (English) > NBA FINALS!

NBA FINALS!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
279850.100 in reply to 279850.99
Date: 6/20/2016 10:38:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What I take as a personal attack are comments like "hater" "fanboy" "...falls on deaf ears"

as those are personal attacks, not to mention the deaf ears comment, sure figure of speech, but really insensitive to any BB manager that is in fact deaf in real life. You can polish the turds of your speech however you want, but you still talk very shitty to people, about people, and then play the victim of it after the fact.

If I need to be more mature because I am a fan of the sport, more so than i am a fan of individual players playing the sport, and if I am a fan of watching a TEAM play as a TEAM in a TEAM SPORT. If that makes me "looking to fault" and "creating faults" then so be it.

I don't need to create faults. Steph Curry's ill-taken behind the back pass that he throws out of bounds with 5 minutes left in the 4th. I didn't create that pass for him. he did that all on his own. I don't have a black phone, or a red phone, to call down to the warriors bench for when Kerr was resting Curry in the 4th quarter and can make contact with Curry like "Hey, why not try a behind the back pass".

Wolph. before you help others. Help yourself first. You're immature, you think you're always right. You insist you're never wrong. Whenever anyone, from any country fires back at you with empirical evidence, you retaliate with personal attacks and then try to change the subject by rambling on about un-related matter.

Just remember Wolph. When you point at someone else, you have 3 fingers pointing back at yourself.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/4f/4f84ab77e17f64fdd6427568a9...

Last edited by RamenQueen at 6/21/2016 1:27:26 AM

Message deleted
This Post:
279850.104 in reply to 279850.102
Date: 6/21/2016 8:43:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
About the basketball TEAMS. Again I disagree completely with your assessment. Those are both great teams that played great team basketball, better than anyone else in the world is remotely capable of (outside the NBA).

BOth teams featuring NT players for team USA and several other countries. Great team basketball. Behind the back passes are a great effort in team basketball. A great technique. I don't know to what level you have ever played basketball but in basketball deceptive and unpredictable movements and techniques are money. IF people can tell what you are going to do, its not a good thing. This is where dribbling between the legs and behind the back etc. comes in, it's also helpful to pass and dribble behind the back in order to put your body between the ball and the defender and his hands. It's not a trick or trying to be flashy- it's a legitimate and effective technique. It's also pretty difficult and under the pressure and microscope that is the NBA finals its expected for people to make misses....

I did think however they played Curry too much in 1on1 situations... but if you want to complain he didn't convert on his own and that he couldn't get the pass off...then it really seems like you are just out to disparage him. Obviously there were countless decisions and techniques in the game that we can nitpick as pints he failed. He missed this pass or that pass or he missed this or that shot.

Klove D'd up on him, Lebron D'd up on him, Irving D'd up on him. Saying that a guy got beat here and there by team USA players should really lead to this conclusion- The guy played 1on1 against Team USA players that many times a game...damn he must be playing at the top level...must be NBA finals or FIBA world cup or something like that...

Oh wait...that is exactly where Curry plays because he is one of the best players in the world at TEAM basketball.

Oh look. you said it yourself. Curry in too much 1 on 1 situations, in basketball we had a solution for that. It's called "passing".

Oh look, Cleveland put Love on him... or sometimes it was LeBron... or sometimes it was Irving... Oh... We have a term for that in basketball that's called "defense" Defense is not something done "entirely 1v1" Sometimes you do things like "switch" or "help out".

Gosh. Maybe when you play against so many TEAM USA players as you say, maybe its better to play as a team vs a team of national players, than try to out 1v1 national team players.

And you're right. you don't know to what level I have played basketball, or if at all. You don't know to what level i have coached, still coach, or if at all. Now you're actually admitting that you don't know things rather than just making up information about something and running with that as a fact for your argument? I'm so proud *gives you a dog treat*

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/4f/4f84ab77e17f64fdd6427568a9...

Message deleted
This Post:
279850.107 in reply to 279850.105
Date: 6/21/2016 9:47:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you want to end the conversation, quick counter-arguing.

You are just looking to fault Curry any way you can as a way to try to elevate yourself. He played great team ball and had a bunch of great passes. You just want to nit-pick where he tried to make his own shot or where he missed a pass to try to claim he is some kind of ball-hog. Or that he can't play D or doesn't play D or something silly like that.

I am a P-town fan and a Lilliard fan..but as much as I like the guy my personal opinion of why Curry sits ahead of him (and Irving) is that he plays better defense- specifically rebounding well too. I think Irving and Lilliard are an afterthought behind Curry, Rose and Westbrook, even Chris Paul because of their defense.

I'm not changing the subject here either. You are trying to say Curry is bad defender, now changing the subject towards claiming he is a bad team player...I counter that argument with obvious facts about the guy.

On team USA you will see Westbrook play as a primary scorer out of the guard position but Curry will not. I don't think he is as elite a scorer or one-on-one player as the other team USA guards. I'd have to look at the games again but I wouldn't be surprised if they use Thompson more than Curry on offense in team USA sets. I think Klay has the better shot, and posts up better obviously.

Curry is a great team player, a great passer, a great ball handler and a great defender. Kerr is a basketball-guru of the new era. He understands basketball on every level well beyond any forum hack out to disparage people for the sake of their own amusement.

I do think the 1on1 situations with Curry may have been too much but I don't know the following- IF Kerr was calling something else but A. Curry/team went his own way or B. CLeveland read what they were trying to set up and crushed it. Or if it's what Kerr called because given personnel it was the best option available. The same thing happened with Iverson when he went to the finals. Him in Isolation was their best offense.

Lots of peopel hate on Lebron too because of many cases he has to play isolation or 1on1 for his teams over the years.

IMO the NBA is a game of chess played very well by the coaches and players and the top teams often end up going to 1on1/star players for plays that look broken/selfish because the defense read and crushed what they were trying to set up and/or because the way they matched up they didn't have the movement and skills across all 5 players to make it happened- so they kept the ball in the hands of 1-3 guys that had the best chance to get it done...

Wow... your ego is so fragile you 100% need to have the last word. Fine. Write another E-book to this for your last word.
Really, fault Curry to elevate myself? Lol. I fail to see how anything I do relating to curry on a forum, on a message board, would ever elevate myself. All i have managed to do here is lower myself to your level.
as to bolded section. I'd be happy to Nit-pick Klay Thompson, draymond Green, Barnes, Jr Smith, etc. and every single player of the 30 players between the 2 teams, as well as both head coaches, and assistant coaches. YOU are the one who is focusing entirely on Curry. Also, 3 assists to 8 turnovers in game 6 and 7 combined. Do not = "a bunch of great passes"
they equal 3 assists... 8 turnovers... and then whatever passes of his were then in turned passed again to Green to shoot his wide open - un guarded 3s.
Argue all you want. nothing you say will prove that Curry played a good playoffs compared to the regular season.

I'd quote your whole nonsense... but you used up the character limit.

This Post:
279850.109 in reply to 279850.108
Date: 6/21/2016 9:54:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
- Bumping (i.e. replying needlessly to a thread in order to promote yourself or the thread content).

- Racist or personal attacks; attacks on a specific nation or religion.

- Useless or irritating posts. This includes single syllable answers, trolling(*) and spamming.

Any other violation of the forums you'd like to Harass me by?

Advertisement