This Post:
304045.3 in reply to 304045.2
Date: 4/11/2020 10:32:37 PM
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
Its not a crazy idea to add more to the week and it still be the same game. This was actually discussed before in a different thread. Below is what I said on pretty much the same topic which is pace and content.

I cant say I find much issue with the pace of the game but rather the amount of content to be played. In another suggestion, youth teams were brought up. If you take the current pacing of this game and add a youth academy into the equation, it fills some of the gaps in time versus things to do and progress to be seen.

I do love the idea of playing more games each week though. Whether that's done by moving up some games and shortening the season or by keeping the seasons at their current length but including youth games it would be a nice positive.

Imagine this would you...
Mon U-18 team Match
Tue Senior team Match(your regular squad)
Wed U-18 team match
Thur Senior Match Cup/Scrimmage Preceded by U-18 Match Cup/Scrimmage
Fri Training updates for both teams and Private League Match
Sat Senior Match preceded by U-18 Match
Sun No match

The seasons wouldn't feel as long if there were more to do throughout them. In regards to the whole youth thing, check out the other suggestions conversation on it (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...) . But I think that is what is more so hurting the game in regards to keeping people. Just like Private League, U-18 would be optional. If you take the optionals out of the equation, the weekly schedule looks a lot emptier. Having those as options would allow Individual users to dictate how heavy or casual their seasons are.

Last edited by Naeem at 4/11/2020 10:42:13 PM

This Post:
304045.4 in reply to 304045.3
Date: 4/14/2020 9:24:37 AM
Brühl99
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Your one more leaque game per week would crash the howl training concept of BB.

let me think this through:
aktually you have 22 leaque games each season, with the all star week that will be 12 training weeks + Playoff/Playdowns 14 Weeks of training each season.
A 18y pick will have untill end of 29 -> 12 years of training, each 14 weeks, means 168 weeks of training.
Now you will add a third leaque game each week, means season will shorten to 8 weeks, will Playoff and Playdowns, lets say 10 weeks. the guys will get older after each season, so the 12 years remain, means you reduce the over all training from 168 weeks untill end of 29 to only 120 weeks. Thats nearly 1/3 less. That changes the amount of skills at high end players dramatically and makes HoF or higher potential uselss.
I think your idea is not thought out or needs a lot more changes in the game engine than just a third game each week.

This Post:
304045.5 in reply to 304045.4
Date: 4/14/2020 2:39:09 PM
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
Your addressing the wrong person OR you didn't actually read what I said...

My idea would leave the current senior team schedule exactly as it already is.

It instead adds more content to each week by the user optional inclusion of a youth team who would have their own games also in the week.

Reread what all I said and it might make more sense where im going with this. I even provided an example of what that weekly schedule would look like. Its all there.

Last edited by Naeem at 4/14/2020 2:41:53 PM