BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Utopian team as farm/academy

Utopian team as farm/academy

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 4/12/2020 1:41:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have had second team in buzzerbeater for while now.

I created the team not to compete really, more to develop Australian talent that I thought might otherwise have not been developed. I picked up some very nice Australian and non Australian prospects that I've trained and sold/retained.

I've got three very nice AUS prospects training now, but my enthusiasm for the second team is starting to disappear for whatever reason. I'd say that in July I will be renewing my supporter package but not my second Utopian league team.

Around this time I'd put the players up for sale, hoping they stayed in Australian hands and continued to develop - obviously I am unable to purchase these players as per the rules of the game manual.

This brought me to a new idea:

What if teams were allowed to transfer trainees/players between their two teams?

- the purchasing team would still need to beat out the open market to buy the player
- the selling team team would not receive the transfer funds. the player would in effect be sold for $0.

Whilst this hasn't been the intent of the second team, I think it would add a great dimension to the game for more thoughtful players who are willing to financially support the game each year.

This could be achieved and not be giving any in game financial advantage, and keep managers like me maintaining their "farm" teams and attracting more people paying for a second team looking to do the same.

Last edited by NBird33 at 4/12/2020 1:42:45 AM

This Post:
304062.3 in reply to 304062.2
Date: 4/12/2020 2:36:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
perhaps - but you've also invested significant time - and some money - in the development - and nothing is certain on the open market. it could all be for nothing. teams of all levels can afford players at all levels.

in terms of cater those players to your main team, well yeah that's in my opinion the whole point of the suggestion. It can become a farm of sorts - but for a cost of significant time and monetary investment. there is no certainty to this however. it could be for nothing.

It is an additional Risk/Reward element to the development side of the game - which IMO is the part of the game that needs enhancing most.

Everyone would have the option for a small cost to invest in a second team for this purpose. It would add a new element and strengthen national teams.

Just a thought that in my opinion has the benefit and enjoyment of long term and financial players in mind.

This Post:
304062.6 in reply to 304062.2
Date: 4/12/2020 1:27:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Preparing the funds: true, however it doesn´t change anything since you have to do it every time you want to buy a player, this would may be only safe your time when searching to player with optimal skills.

Time of sale: Maybe could be solved by ending at random time in 3 days +/- 24 hours?

This Post:
304062.7 in reply to 304062.6
Date: 4/12/2020 7:08:13 PM
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
I still believe a U-18 team would address the desire that many people bring up in regards to both 1. Academy type teams and 2. The games overall pace. These have both been brought up repeatedly and making a youth team an available option for everyone including players who aren't paying supporters would give people that extra player development but would also add more content to the game without actually accelerating anything already current to it. And again, this would be an available Option to everyone so no one gets an advantage over anyone else because the youth team aspect would be an equal opportunity for everyone. If you do or don't do it, its your choice.

If this were a thing, id take it up and honestly id keep my utopia team too. Its pretty bad but I love it

Last edited by Naeem at 4/12/2020 7:09:08 PM

This Post:
304062.8 in reply to 304062.7
Date: 4/17/2020 9:27:35 AM
Jerusalem TET
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jerusalem TET Utopia
The obstacle of not letting players to transfer between main and Utopian teams can be easily overcome simply by 2 teams training players for each other, and though the claim that forbidding the direct transfer will dismiss the advantage for those who for Utopian team is not exactly the right one. Either there should be a totally different players base for main & Utopian leagues or (more reasonable) just let those transfers go (starting from 0$ to beat the market and not receive any selling price, as suggested)

This Post:
304062.9 in reply to 304062.8
Date: 4/17/2020 10:06:30 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
As of now, you are not supposed to gain an advantage by paying for Supporter or Utopia though.

I think its worth repeating what Perpete said. Especially as it didn't seem to sink in the first two times.

If anyone can't see the massive advantage a team would have where they are operating a second team with the sole objective of improving the first, then no amount of discussion is going to show it.

Even if I only point out that you could train 6 players for one team, while others can only train 3 then that should be enough to show that this whole idea is a non starter.

This Post:
304062.10 in reply to 304062.9
Date: 4/17/2020 10:52:29 PM
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
The problem with the Utopian teams are that they are a paid for future. Transfer of players from those teams would be to akin to pay-to-win which this game is trying to avoid. The youth academy teams, a second team in nature, would be under a different premise in that it would be an option for All players, supporters or not. That would make it an equal opportunity system whereas the Utopia teams are purely supporter only.

You might have been talking to someone else or addressing everyone in general but this is what I was getting at.