This Post:
275254.199 in reply to 275254.198
Date: 1/7/2017 3:28:40 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
I have a topic which I would like to discuss with you.

This friday, we had the third consecutive week with at least one double down! The players which you know for seasons are loosing their edge and we are currently in a race against the time. So how it looks now, at the end of this season we will be weakened.
And here is the point where I want your opinions. Should I make a hard cut at the end of this season and realise the old players and start the next season with a younger squad. Or should I still concider them for one more season and play with the risk that every friday could turn one of them to a burden for the team.

Option 1 would mean, that the team would have younger players, who get training but lack some skills. We could lose more games, but there is no garantee that we will win more with the older ones. It also dosn't mean that they will be starters. The starting five would be from the current players (under 33).

Option 2 means, that we play for one more season with some of the older (34+) players and hope that their skill downs don't hurt us. The benefit is that these players are known and it's possible to compensate some of the flaws... until a certain point.

Which players would/could be affected?
Tunggard - downs and bad game shape
Molner - lost one of his most important skills already
Tuikkala - until now no skilldowns, so we could still gamble on him
Mazzolini - had eight downs already
Martinsson - had some downs too
Sandbom - after his downs at the start of last season there were no more... also a gamble

And next season some others will turn 33 and could be affected by the downs.
Widerström
Tjädermo
Everland

These three will be nominated and I will take the risk to play with them.

We have still more than a hlf of a season left, but I would like to get some feedback from you. What do you sink about the generation change? Do you have ideas how we could manage it in a most effective way?

I will look for the players who would be the "replacement" for our current NT players. So maybe it will help us to evaluate the situation.

This Post:
275254.200 in reply to 275254.199
Date: 1/7/2017 3:37:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Keep Sandbom and kick the rest of them ;)

Could a combination be an option? Gamble on a few of them and let some go.

This Post:
275254.202 in reply to 275254.199
Date: 1/8/2017 4:55:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hard to say when we don't know how much worse the younger players are, but I trust your judgement

Keep up the good work =)

This Post:
275254.203 in reply to 275254.202
Date: 1/8/2017 8:15:58 AM
Ratu BK
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Im for a hard cut, especially if its players who would come off the bench. Boost the younger players experience and get the owner/manager into the idea of maybe training for the national team with a specific skill and so on.
Martinsson will be 36 next season?, the drops are gonna come hard then, hell be a shadow of himself :)

Not an easy call, but sooner or later theres a generation shift. The current u-21, looks pretty promising so if you stick around for them to grow up, we could have a nice team.

Edit: Just saw that the higher salery players in u-21 were low potential players... so maybe not that promising after all :/

Last edited by rufferto at 1/8/2017 8:18:48 AM

This Post:
275254.204 in reply to 275254.203
Date: 1/8/2017 10:39:36 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
@Ahlstroem
Could a combination be an option?

It will be a part of a combiation. With Widerström and Tjädermo at least two 33y/o will play. Everland is almost a safe call too. Tuikkala maybe too. Your Sandbom, if he keeps his skills, could make the cut. But only the next weeks can tell us.

@Manon
Good idea with the DMI! I haven't thought about it and I will start tracking their DMI.

@KasparL
Hard to say when we don't know how much worse the younger players are

Guards:
We are talking currently of a difference of appr. 10 total skill points. The possible new players for next season are: Smol and Carlsson

SF:
The difference here is bigger. The possible SFs like Sunesson, Carlsson and Stjärnland lack 20-30 TSP.

Bigs:
This area is maybe the strongest. With Birgersson we have a still young player. Öby could play as a back up for at least 2 seasons. Westerlund, Lagerhall, Danielsson, Dehllund, Tjäderborg and Johansson are only the top of the future bigs. But these players are still very young (22-24) and have TSP around 90-100.

@rufferto:
Yes, Martinsson and Mazzolini are already weakened. And I really don't know of these two will make it to the next season. They had some nasty downs.

Just saw that the higher salery players in u-21 were low potential players... so maybe not that promising after all

I wouldn't say so. We have around 10-12 promising players in the group 22-25 years. And some younger ones like Höster and Martinsson (there is a new one in the making ;) ) train really fast and will make it.

This Post:
275254.205 in reply to 275254.204
Date: 1/9/2017 12:45:21 PM
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
Maybe it is sufficient to keep the old players who is only marginally better than their alternative on the bench out of the team. Having 6 young players as the fill out players might make it rather easy during the season to replace players who has skill drops as well.

This Post:
275254.206 in reply to 275254.205
Date: 1/9/2017 4:06:52 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Todays game against Austria was the decisive game if we can reach second place.
After the first quarter everything looked like we were going to win it. But from the second quarter onwards we gave the game out of our hands. Austria started shooting and scoring their 3points and we couldn't score on our side. During the game only Birgersson and Fredriksson could bring the needed power. Säfen had a lot of problems against their OD.
Before the game I took a look at our players and wanted to play LI. But as I knew, the austrian NT and staff would scout us and propably go with a LI GDP. And they used it. Despite their minus on defense we couldn't use it. And that's a big hit. We had an extremly strong Game Shape and the false GDP on our side and still we coudl use it only for one quarter.

The posts from you for the last days gave me some important input and I will take your ideas.
The managers of the most promessing players will get mails during the next days. We will discuss some needed skills. I started tracking the DMI for the older players. For the next weeks there will be some new nominations for the NT.

Last edited by Nachtmahr at 1/9/2017 4:07:06 PM

This Post:
275254.208 in reply to 275254.206
Date: 1/10/2017 2:42:34 AM
Lokomotive Coma
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lokomotive Coma Utopia
Sorry folks. Good Luck for the next games 👍

@LordWoody: With your HCA we will take a little rest next game and try to win one of the last two games 😉☃🎅🏼

Ois wiad guat
This Post:
275254.209 in reply to 275254.208
Date: 2/12/2017 6:05:23 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
The next two scrimmages will be U27 games. The first one against Bosnia, the second one against Bulgaria.
I will test our younger squad and look how well they are already.

Advertisement