Help - English > Prediction Preparation thing

Prediction Preparation thing

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
282132.30 in reply to 282132.27
Date: 9/18/2016 1:54:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
for me, gdp only solves the problem the overly used Look Inside. If others still want to use that look inside, they have to play the game with handicap.

I just hate gdp because it force me to change tactics every game that I cannot play it the way i want to. I like to play fast tempo generate lots of assist have a high scoring gamel. i don't like to play too much inside. Last time i'm force to play inside isolation (because of the gdp), but gdp was not use in the game, I don't like also using gdp, hell, I lost more than 20 pts. with gdp, it's like i cannot play a normal game...

Message deleted
This Post:
282132.33 in reply to 282132.28
Date: 9/18/2016 5:34:15 PM
The LA Lions
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe in your imagination.

Exactly in my imagination. A corollary is something that incidentally or naturally accompanies or parallels. Game Day Preparation parallels preparing on gameday. You prepare for something specific, and if that specific thing happens you are prepared for it. If your opponent surprises you or subverts your expectation, you are surprised or unprepared for it. I feel like I'm stating something obvious and circular here. Does your trainer actually practice specific plays with your team in a virtual space? No. If your GDP is correct do you have success against some offensive plays that might have scored otherwise? Yes.

GDP is a corollary for preparing on game day.

GDP cannot be compared with preparations in real life basketball.

Wrong. Stubborn and wrong. See above.

Can a 3-2 zone in this game be compared with a 3-2 zone in real life?
Can an arena seat in this game be compared to an arena seat in real life?
Can a point guard in this game be compared to a point guard in real life?
Can a weekly salary in this game be compared to a weekly salary in real life?
And finally, can Game Day Preparation in this game be compared to game day preparation in real life?

And by the way, those defensive tactics you've mentioned earlier are not only basic tactics, they are also very fundamental

Basic and fundamental mean the same thing in this context.

more important than the GDP!

I agree. There are many things more important than GDP. Tactics is one of them. But...

With GDP...

"hey this team will use Look Inside, so lelt's usde the GDP, this will play fast pace and inside game. Then the defense, well not much important, we have GDP, even man to man we can still win.

"Yes we won!! thanks GDP!!!
"

So which is it? Is tactic more important than GDP or not? I'm not trying to win an argument with you. I'm trying to help you. But you need to be consistent or there is no point in discussion.

Last edited by Harold Miner at 9/18/2016 5:40:26 PM

This Post:
282132.34 in reply to 282132.17
Date: 9/29/2019 1:18:14 AM
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
The best argument in the thread was ignored completely. Prior to GDP (extra credit for guessing right) you could prepare for an opponent that played the same tactic all the time. Once BB put everyone on notice that points are gained by guessing correctly, then you turn it into a guessing game--if I choose to play along and try to counter those teams that use GDP by changing my tactics. Before, I just got beat by a team that adjusted their tactics to match mine--if teams are evenly matched; or I got beat by a style of play I couldn't defend with my roster.. You could still scout and adjust tactics; GDP changed none of that; it's a gimmick to counter one choice of tactic that was dominating the game.

I use it, but make no mistake: I adjust tactics to keep other teams from feeling comfortable guessing, not because changing tactics enhances the game for me in any way. I much preferred "scouting" pre-GDP. The credit was already built in and it forced teams to adapt by building balanced rosters (or making other adjustments), instead of adapting by guessing that your opponent will play a certain tactic (who, in turn, knowing that you might guess at a tendency, changes tactics so you guess wrong--that is the very definition of a guessing game and it replicates nothing in real basketball that wasn't here prior to BB.) It's the functional equivalent of awarding style points to the score at the end of the game. We don't need synchronized gymnastics here; this is basketball.

In short, GDP is a guessing game gimmick.

PS: God, that was bad even by my standards:

1) GDP adds nothing to the game (but style. points) that didn't exist in the game before.
2) Analyzing tendencies is part of the game; that was possible before GDP.
3) I change tactics to keep people using GDP effectively, but I could do that before GDP if being predictable was costing me games.
4) Creating a roster to counter various tactics is a significant part of the game; all of that could be done without GDP.

Last edited by LDR at 9/29/2019 1:33:39 AM

Message deleted
This Post:
282132.37 in reply to 282132.36
Date: 9/29/2019 1:54:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Regarding (2), I don't agree on that. Let's forget the NBA, where it's either run&gun or motion, but looking at Euroleague, every team has it's own style of play. And you definitely know that Fener/Zalgiris are Patient (low number of possessions), Spanish teams are motion/run&gun (high number of possessions, many threes), Maccabi/Khimki/Armani/Efes also has the same style of play every game, in some cases continuing even for years.

This Post:
282132.38 in reply to 282132.36
Date: 9/29/2019 1:57:00 PM
Vilkiukai
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
After 10 years break from bb, i find it hilarious how teams randomly swap tactics to avoid being hit by a prediction, but all the really important games are still been playing using LI Nothing had changed 10 years lol. This preparation thingy to me is unnecesary, it adds unwanted complexity for better teams and eazies some games for weaker ones. Quessing should not be a part of manager.

Last edited by Vilkai [LTU NT] at 9/29/2019 1:57:38 PM

This Post:
282132.39 in reply to 282132.38
Date: 9/29/2019 2:52:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I have to disagree on that also :D Guessing IS a pat of the job of the coach in real life. Guessing and taking risks is important part of the game, because coaches always try to be one step ahead of the other coach: which players will be the focus this game, how he will choose to hide his weaknesses and so on and so on. Of course, if you are dominant team, you don't need to guess or take risks, you just need to play on your strengths. Same as in BB. The weaker/similar level teams have to guess and take risks though, to gain some advantage or trick the opponent.

Advertisement