BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.40 in reply to 129389.39
Date: 1/27/2010 4:36:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Mm I get what you say. Alright, let me give you an example.

(77312) Started in season 3.

Next season, this team will be a IV in Spanish Community. Like this team, along with other big communities, more than 10,000 teams.

Why? I unfortunately have not been as skilled as River Legends, Boston Celtics or other ACBB or Italia Seria A. Not even as skilled as any II's of any "bigger" community.

And here, we have teams that with indisputable less work than me with great economic positions, loads of income, enormous stadiums, world level players, magnificient shapes and better enthusiasm.
Now, for example, the market. If I try to buy with my 2,000,000 a key player for me, the one I need, the one I made a market-movement (I sold 2 players, I needed this change) and thus, overpay with those 2,0 the key player, and a Barbados player, with two seasons in the game, makes it a 2,5 and I can go.

Really, stop to think the differences of playing in one side or the other one.

This Post:
129389.41 in reply to 129389.37
Date: 1/27/2010 4:38:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
They can easily fix the enthusiasm thing just playing the BBB on arcade mode where the enthusiasm/game shape doesnt get involved.

Your TV contract is $ 160 726. Mine is 108k. Isnt enough for you? Give some chance to the small countries too. Dont go from the one side to the other...

Last edited by JohnnyB at 1/27/2010 4:46:49 PM

This Post:
129389.42 in reply to 129389.39
Date: 1/27/2010 4:41:59 PM
River Legends
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
The rank has nothing to do here. I also can say that they are in the B3 1/4 and we arent.
Im not talking about Djembe or Dragons, neither of Boston or me. Im talking about a global situation that I have explained here (and also by BB-mail to you, Patje) that put big countries contenders in disadvantages. And this is how I really feel it. Going further or being explicit with explanations talking about a team or another only will carry unpleasant debates.

And I agree with you, a yes Vs no debate wont clarify anything.

This Post:
129389.43 in reply to 129389.29
Date: 1/27/2010 4:46:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Bringing the discussion to the B3 is what is making you blind to this problem. The amount of users that play the B3 is very limited and the managers from former small countries have clearly dominated the competition.
But new teams in small countries and new teams in large countries are currently playing a different game.

Look at these two teams from Việt Nam:
(207826) playing since 11/06/2009 - Arena 14010 - Balance Transfers $ -3 409 111
(207815) playing since 25/06/2009 - Arena 20000 - Balance Transfers $ -1 550 300

They started last june and one has been able to save 3.4 millions to buy players. The other one has already 20000 seats in his arena.

On the other side, this team of one friend of mine who is very active in the game:

(76893) playing since 15/07/2008 -Arena 6500 - Balance Transfers $ -237 397

He started to play in july of 2008, so almost one year of difference. His economic balance is ridiculous compared to that of the two other teams, and his arena is only 6500. But when he wants to buy a player or hire a staff member he has to deal with those other rich managers.

Of course this game is not only about economy, and it takes some time to learn how the game engine works. That's why they are not yet fully competitive. But if I move to one of this small countries and apply for a BuzzerBeater team, you can be sure that I would be very competitive in 3 seasons or less depending on the time I want to spend. I´m talking about me, but the same for Leyendinha or AlexRepetti. If one of them goes to live to Barbados, you can say goodbye to the B3 in a few seasons.

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)

This Post:
129389.45 in reply to 129389.9
Date: 1/27/2010 5:19:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is unfair since the season 3 I'm playing buzzerbeater, and only 2 have been able to achieve promotion, and have an income of 240k is not fair that a person with greater inexperience achieve greater reward, and therefore I can not access the level players because these teams have greater buying economically.

This Post:
129389.46 in reply to 129389.27
Date: 1/27/2010 5:23:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The game is intentionally designed so that optimal training and optimal lineups for current games are at odds. If you could do both optimally at the same time, it would make it quite hard for teams that are behind to catch up, after all.

Quoted message: (125704.55).

I don´t think the main problem with small/large BB-countries is the B3 competition, although obviously the underlying problem is also affecting to the competitiveness of the big countries participants.
In Spain, we have the feeling that we are not playing the same game, compared to users in small countries. At least the same rules are not applying for everybody.
The economic advantage has already been addressed partially with the last changes. But there is still a difference that is frustrating many users in Spain when they try to hire a Staff member or buy a player and they have to face a bidding war against some of these users.
But there is also a training advantage which is related to the quoted BB-Charles post. They can do an optimal training at the same time of being fully competitive in their cup and league championship. In addition they can keep high their enthusiasm without problems. Game Shape is also more easily kept because they don´t need their best players to win the local matches.

and i hope you praise god, that you could play BB with a real competition, which in my eyes makes it funny not boring.

This Post:
129389.47 in reply to 129389.46
Date: 1/27/2010 5:36:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
and i hope you praise god, that you could play BB with a real competition, which in my eyes makes it funny not boring.

Of course, it's more funny when getting to the top is very hard. That's why making the competition in small countries harder, will make them enjoy more the game than now, as we do. Let's bring some of our "amusement" also to the small countries!

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
This Post:
129389.48 in reply to 129389.44
Date: 1/27/2010 5:38:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Even if we are wining with low salary we still need money to buy players to be competitive on BBB. Yes our teams rise faster than yours on the domestic leagues but BBB considered your in a better position compared to me. You are playing much longer than me=more money. Also put on the account the experience that you get after so much seasoning, and here you have more experience tactic wise.

Also if you check my games you will find out that i am out from the cup, losing from the worse team in CBBA. Why? couz i had 3 games in a row against the 3 from the best teams in my league. Ive made my choices, and they where wrong, but thats shows that itsnt so easy as you want to make it shows.

So if you made an account on Barbados, you will win easily the domestic league, but you will still mass amount of money to be competitive to BBB. I really have hard time to find any advantage BBB wise.

Maybe the problem after all, is that on the large leagues small teams have really hard time to advance divisions and win it all, rather the small countries. Maybe something must change there. Hellas for example, have the same champion from the history. The same goes to Canada too. I bet that same goes to several countries too. I think that is much more important couz here we are not talking for 0.3% of the community. We are talking about the majority. How you will convince me to stay if i know that will never get any trophy until several teams decide to retire?

Isnt bigger issue that for you than BBB?

As i said again the game has many holes, but this one its not one of them or at least one of the priorities.

Edit: Dont punish me for my bad luck that i was born in a small country...

Last edited by JohnnyB at 1/27/2010 5:48:53 PM

This Post:
129389.49 in reply to 129389.43
Date: 1/27/2010 5:47:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But if I move to one of this small countries and apply for a BuzzerBeater team, you can be sure that I would be very competitive in 3 seasons or less depending on the time I want to spend. I´m talking about me, but the same for Leyendinha or AlexRepetti. If one of them goes to live to Barbados, you can say goodbye to the B3 in a few seasons.

You are joking right? Or do you really believe this?

Even if you make an extra 250k/week in those countries compared to the top teams, this is around 3,5M per year. So in 3 seasons your team earned 10,5M more than the best teams. You can never build a B3 topteam with just 10,5M extra revenue, you can barely buy 1,5 decent player for that amount of cash.

This Post:
129389.50 in reply to 129389.48
Date: 1/27/2010 5:49:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How you will convince me to stay if i know that will never get any trophy until several teams decide to retire?

Welcome to the reality of most of the teams of BB :) Let me tell you growing as a team among equals, reaching the chance to play against the best is funny enough.

Advertisement