This Post:
320335.44 in reply to 320335.42
Date: 9/11/2023 5:12:39 AM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
On that note, I would expect there to be adjustments to the salary formula in the upcoming seasons. (This is not an official announcement because it has not been approved by those in charge).
Well that could be some great news !
What's the goal behind these potentially upcoming adjustments ? Will it only concern specific skills ? Will it lead to a decrease of salary for some primary skills ? An increase for some secondary skills ? An adjustment only for really high levels ? Maybe that is too soon for you to answer

This Post:
320335.45 in reply to 320335.43
Date: 9/11/2023 6:02:21 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Not sure why you posted that. I don't find it very helpful to the discussion.

Back to the changes. I'm not French and I dislike changes to the game engine coming in without warning, or any discussion whatsoever.

Oh but it was mentioned a while ago, that was the warning. But that was vague and what it hinted at to me was a change in the salary formulae.

Changes to the game engine should always be small, and incremental if necessary. I could cite chaos theory as the reason for that but 2000 years ago Julius Caesar had noted that in battle small events can have large consequences. Thus it is in BB. The game engine is complex, and a small change could have an unseen large consequence. Does this mean I don't want change as I think you might suspect? No. But they should be carefully done. Not large. Not radical.

This Post:
320335.46 in reply to 320335.38
Date: 9/11/2023 6:08:17 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
when written "Just give one season or two notice so we can prepare" you're basically asking for 3 to 6 months wait. That's bunch of time

This is a slow game. Training requires a long term plan. Planning years ahead. Your own words should lead you to see that if you've set plans in motion that require years, then change is not necessarily going to be good for you. Even 3 months isnt going to help if you're halfway through a 3 year plan. But its better than nothing.

Also, we're used to getting advance notice. It always used to be the norm. Why has that changed?

Previous game engine changes have been tested in scrimmages and private leagues. Why was this not done this time?

This Post:
320335.49 in reply to 320335.48
Date: 9/11/2023 8:08:50 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Hard to be 100% sure of course. I am very good at the Gallic Shrug.

This Post:
320335.51 in reply to 320335.50
Date: 9/18/2023 6:03:43 AM
Union Klaffer
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Klaffer Bulls
can you go more into details?

This Post:
320335.52 in reply to 320335.51
Date: 9/18/2023 9:28:43 AM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
can you go more into details?

I must admit that the "secrets" of BBs are the funniest part of the whole game, once everyone will know how GE works the game will be near the end. I think Justin knows it and hope he will continue to give few infos. Is probably better to speculate about his words instead of having the solution but of course this is just my point of view and I full respect your opinion/vision ;)

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et

To: ned
This Post:
320335.53 in reply to 320335.52
Date: 9/18/2023 11:20:05 AM
BC Delfinii Purpurii
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Grudgebearers
I completetly disagree and this has been a long complaint of mine across the years .. i probably sound like a broken record

I see basketball game the same as chess, as an open information game, everybody knows how things work and you need strategy and flair to get there and be on top.

For me having information hidden in the forums sounds a very bad design for new and old users alike. I want to play a game not to stay constanly as a creep in the corner of the room and try read pages after pages of discussions to try and figure out how the GE works.

The GE should be fully explained, each attribute what it impacts and when changes are made we should know about the impact way in advance.

And before anybody jumps and smacks me that this would cause all their invaluable secret formulas of training to be easily obtained by new users, I only mentioned this for the GE The training and management part should continue to be with hidden information. Like for example how fast a player would pop after a training should remain as it is.

Advertisement