BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Transfer List gone bad!

Transfer List gone bad!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
113510.57 in reply to 113510.56
Date: 10/3/2009 11:33:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Then apparently you do not have enough money.

Or there are no "normal" players available at any price.

Or not.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
113510.58 in reply to 113510.57
Date: 10/3/2009 11:44:49 AM
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
Then apparently you do not have enough money.

Or there are no "normal" players available at any price.

Or not.

Precisely! As long as the emphasis is on "or." :-)

To: LDR
This Post:
113510.59 in reply to 113510.58
Date: 10/3/2009 12:42:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
step by step buzzerbeater becomes silly game how I can developer if I cant buy a normal player? I have much money but I cant buy normal player!

Last edited by awimon at 10/3/2009 12:42:48 PM

This Post:
113510.60 in reply to 113510.59
Date: 10/3/2009 12:58:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
step by step buzzerbeater becomes silly game how I can developer if I cant buy a normal player? I have much money but I cant buy normal player!

In order to better understand you, can you tell us what you mean exactly by "normal" (use a range of salary and position, age that you are looking) and by "much money" (give us an estimate and an approx of your tipical week income). It will be easier to understand if there is really hard for a small team to develop or if you are experiencing some difficulties like everybody else did and does.

This Post:
113510.61 in reply to 113510.60
Date: 10/3/2009 3:02:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Somewhere I think I have read one of the BB's say that they strive to keep a constant amount of money in the game relative to the amount of teams, correct me if I am wrong. This means all other things being equal that one player in the equilibrium will cost the same. I know we are not in the equilibrium yet but when we are there, there should not be inflation or too many fluctuations in the player prices. Right know there may have been an extra cashflow due to the arena demolition proces or people have been saving money. But people should not complain that the prices are to high. You can just wait for prices to fall or sell you players to take advantage of the high prices.

This Post:
113510.62 in reply to 113510.61
Date: 10/3/2009 5:25:43 PM
BC HostivaÅ™
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
You can just wait for prices to fall or sell you players to take advantage of the high prices.

It's a lottery for those who sell players in order to wait for price fall. Nobody knows when prices will go down or even if prices will go down at all.

This Post:
113510.63 in reply to 113510.62
Date: 10/4/2009 1:26:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but what is of most importance here?

training successfully / managing minutes / winning matches OR predicting the value of players in 12 months from now?

dont get me wrong I like to see movement in player prices and hope that 6/10 or more I can forecast it correctly in order to capitalize from it....

just cant help feeling the markets are a bit like musical chairs at the moment with anyone that cant buy who they want saving and saving and you just know there are going to be some managers splashing out top dollar in the not too distant future and then BOOM.. a BB news announcement which will loosely translate to 'player prices will be coming down again'

its quite scary/exciting to calculate that your players could be increasing in value quite dramatically with or without training and also with the early percentage sell on always inching closer to the 97% base.

with lots of teams making $200k + a week now I think we could still be at the beginning of this current inflationary trend - next fun part will be 'when the music stops' how many of us will go rushing out to dump 2-3 of our current roster and then wait to buy back again cheaper after the dust settles :D

Suggestion - buzzerbeater supporters get free Bloomberg trial !!

This Post:
113510.64 in reply to 113510.63
Date: 10/4/2009 3:37:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
just cant help feeling the markets are a bit like musical chairs at the moment with anyone that cant buy who they want saving and saving and you just know there are going to be some managers splashing out top dollar in the not too distant future and then BOOM.. a BB news announcement which will loosely translate to 'player prices will be coming down again'

An announcement in this direction is the one about the return of free agents... that should increase the supply of players in the market (I think especially low and average value players... too bad I just spent my money on that kind of player...). So I guess you were definitely right, a not too distant future: right now.

Last edited by giona at 10/4/2009 4:52:37 AM

This Post:
113510.65 in reply to 113510.64
Date: 10/4/2009 6:33:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
still i cant see there are enough of free agents to make an impact on the market which is not bad at all. the market should adjust itself, i think it is way too early to make major adjustments at the moment.

This Post:
113510.66 in reply to 113510.65
Date: 10/4/2009 10:51:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A view from the bottom,
Seeing that most of this thread content is from managers that have high level teams I felt I should post the view from a IV league manager. I started midway last season and managed to win the league against mostly bot teams. Learning the game from week to week and making lots of mistakes. I really like the game and spend most of the time perusing the TL as that is my typical modus operandi. As all of you I noticed that the prices took a huge jump from last season and find it nearly impossible to find players that are at all decent that I can afford. Unlike many of you who have more than 200,000 dollars in profit, I can make maybe 40,000 a week. This, of course, means I can not afford very much ( I have saved approximately 500,000) and am barely competitive in my league. I have resorted to "throwing" games in the hope that I can stay at level IV while I train my prospects to decent levels. The problem I have seen in the NEWS section is that many of my competitors have been able to sell players for over 1.4 million dollars (crappy ones) and purchase players for that or higher levels. This causes an imbalance in the league and makes it very unlikely that no matter how much I "manage" my team if another team can purchase their way to the top, I will have no way of winning. I have no illusion that BB is a short term win but it is very difficult for me to get my mind around the idea that I will very likely never have a chance to succeed given the current economic climate. That being said I really love the game and the great work put into it.

This Post:
113510.67 in reply to 113510.66
Date: 10/4/2009 10:59:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
you cant be so pessimistic about it. most of us has been in the same situation and as long as you keep doing the right moves, your team will improve. changes on the market will help some of your rivals but it will hurt others as well. so just work on your team, train efficiently, sell at right price and that's all you can control. it is not easy to level up each year, even when you can it might not be the best thing.

we will see how many free agents will be put on the market but i believe the effect will be psychological rather than being on an economical basis.

Advertisement