BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
276706.62 in reply to 276706.3
Date: 2/16/2016 9:20:07 PM
LionPride
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
I will be winning this election. After over 6 years, and 14 attempts, this is the time. Shows my dedication, but you all will cry "but, what did you do last season?!!?! Where are teh advance scouting reports you did??"

Cut that crap. I've been the right candidate for over 3 years. And it's time I go all out. Ask away...

To: Nick
This Post:
276706.63 in reply to 276706.30
Date: 2/16/2016 9:36:29 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Nick, great question to ask.

First of all, we have a dying user base. Less Managers to train these great players and less players to be produced. With my new scouting method I think it will help alleviate some of the incorrect training that has occurred in recent memory. I want there to be as many prospects coming into consideration as possible. That ties back with what eight pack killa said about being actively involved in the scouting. It's not that difficult to just scout the player using a pre made scouting template and say "boom, I'm done tough". I want to help revolutionize scouting, this is what I've been doing since jfarb has left. I filled in his shoes and helped the scouting network keep running. Now I want to take a step further, and achieve this new scouting network.

I'm all committed to this scouting plan. Whether or not I win this election will have no merit on this plan. I will by all means have this method set up before the new manager is elected, so at least they can have a glimpse of it, whether it me, fury, or EPK.

Encouraging people back to ways training for U21 starts with us being actively involved in this. Sometimes it doesn't mean signing up for the offsite right off the bat, I'm not gonna lie I had a hard time navigating the off site at first. But with the help of many people including tangosz, ramq, chekreyes, jfarb, magiker, and furysk (all sprinkling me with their knowledge) I was able to utilize their knowledge, and my communicative skills to train my own great players (Sol Scarborough, Kurt Stratford before he got hurt, Harvey Shah, and now Jerry Vinson) as well as aid in other players (Most notably, Jamey Olivas) in getting their teams jump started and making many great team players and/or U21 members. This season I will take my scouting abilities to new heights and will make sure every U21 player that has a favorable shot at the team will be contacted by my hand picked top scouts (and with consent of the U21 coach if I don't win)

At your comment about "wasting" U21 players, there simply isn't a sure fire 100% way to stop that. Whoever has the most money in the bank will get those players, no matter the circumstance and how much we want an American to buy them. We just have to deal with it. However, our staff will try our best to get that manager on board to at least A) Salvage the player or Sell the player again. Those are the only 2 definite answers I can give you, as nobody in BB has the power to say "NO manager ____, you SHALL NOT BUY THAT PLAYER" Otherwise that is considered spam nick, and would eventually lead to a fine if we keep sending managers that kinda stuff.

Last edited by tough at 2/16/2016 9:40:20 PM

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
276706.64 in reply to 276706.31
Date: 2/16/2016 9:50:28 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
That is what needs to happen on a wider scale to newer managers as a whole.

Since like I said earlier, they're already put in a hole financially with the way this market is made (Seriously, 5.1M for a 58 TSP HOF? Cmon, I didn't even spend half of that on Vinson and people said he was an overkill buy for me)

We need to encourage managers that PAS and AS players can work. For example, take this one player one of my student's trained [link=(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/player/34285321/overview.aspx)

That same player had a huge hole in OD and his passing wasn't all that extraordinary either. He was seen as a future Donkey C in the making. What did I do to help that manager?

Told him "North fits the PF build right, we just have to fix his OD up a bit and he will be ok. Look, the training plan I set for you may not guarantee him a spot on the team, but I think this plan will be good enough to at least get him to garner consideration and help your own team as well." What happens next? He takes about 7 weeks getting his OD to 5 from 1, even took 3 weeks getting PA from 3 to 5, and STILL managed to get North on the team nearer towards the end of the season. That training benefited his team in the long run (North is now his franchise player) and the U21 as he was starting a couple games at the end and did fairly well too. I interacted with him at least once every three weeks, if not more.

This type of manager--manager interaction is needed to help bring up every type of player, no matter if its a HOF NT Future star or a club allstar player on the border of becoming a U21 player. A lot of people think allstar is "Not great enough to train for U21 as he will cap early" but with solid interaction between managers it can be done splendidly

Last edited by tough at 2/16/2016 9:52:17 PM

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
276706.65 in reply to 276706.44
Date: 2/16/2016 10:04:26 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Intriguing question squakrico.

I want to say that I will definitely take use of the USA-Offsite and the USA Forums. I will be implementing a "Fan Survey" of the USA U21 Team, and if GM Jason, hrudey, and Chichorn allow it, have a weekly thread post game survey for each USA U21 game on BB USA. That way we get feedback from not just the offsite users, but the BB USA users as well.

It is probably known that some USA users still don't know or don't use the offisite. This survey will help satisfy both the Offsite and BB USA users in my opinion, as I will get more participation and activity in the forums. You can't improve without the help of everyone in the community, and I will answer questions these managers have as well in personalized BB Mails as well if they so desire to.

Another thing I want to bring back to USA is the chat system. When I was a little tough, season 19ish, the chat was thriving with at least 25 chatters daily on game days. Since then, it has slowly declined and dropped down, to about only 5-10 active chatters on game days now, which I find sad. If elected as U21 coach, I will help get chat alive again and perhaps bring it back up a little bit, discussing many things such as real life, U21, own teams, and many more.

That's what I admire most about BB, the live game interaction between managers. The more the merrier and I would gladly take time to help anybody in game chat with questions. I will do whatever it is in my power to help promote all 4 aspects of the USA Communication Chain (Offsite, Forum, Chat, and BB Mail) and perform it in the best way possible.

This Post:
276706.66 in reply to 276706.63
Date: 2/16/2016 10:10:08 PM
Desert Eagles
III.12
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eagle Farm
Now tough, you have made various references to a new scouting sytem that will revolutionize U21 scouting. If i may ask, what exactly is this plan, how is it different from what we have done before, and why will it revolutionize scouting?

This Post:
276706.67 in reply to 276706.62
Date: 2/16/2016 10:11:44 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Question for you oriolekid,

no doubt you are a great manager and know how to train players effectively yourself.

But, will you be able to find the time to help the entire Nation with their players and discuss builds, game plan, scout, make sure everyone is doing their jobs, etc. ?

I ask this because while you have been managing your team, you're not much involved in the scouting part of the U21 last season

This Post:
276706.68 in reply to 276706.39
Date: 2/16/2016 10:35:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont think you can really look at a single 9 and 15 season as any indication of someones winning ability, im sure everyone here has atleast 1 losing season in team history, more than likely the first season.

That's true....but it certainly highlights his inexperience....I just felt that if he is going to put down guys with significantly more experience and have no issue naming others deficiencies....well, it only seemed fair ;)

Not that you're going through League D. IV 45's forums....

But, you'll notice
1. it is VERY active
2. I was "the biggest surprise of the year" by many of the fellow managers, whom expected me to have 4-6 wins.
3. So. You look at 9-15 but you're not looking at the quality of the 9-15. You're not looking at who I am playing against, HOW I get the 9 wins, and their teams vs my team.

Edit:
I agreed with your last sentence as well. and it IS only fair.

Last edited by EightPackKilla at 2/16/2016 10:46:55 PM

This Post:
276706.69 in reply to 276706.53
Date: 2/16/2016 10:41:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Q:
Should we EXPECT any U21 forfeits from "you" as a new manager for u21 like we have ... started to grow accustomed to?

EPK/Shadowslam's response

I will immediately resign in Embarassment if there are any forfeits under my tenure.

Taken from Phyr's offsite post after we secured HCA

Thank you to all the owners who trained players this season. If anyone was considering selling before the beginning of playoffs, I wouldnt blame you. I will probably call up 2 20 year olds for the last two spots. Obviously, I wish I didn't *(mess)* up the semifinal game, but we came away with the best possible outcome for being in the Consol tourney. We have won 27 of our last 30 games but I feel like I have been very underwhelming as manager. I hope someone that has the time and is an experienced offsite manager will decide to run next season.

For all purposes, that is basically what the previous u21 coach is doing. As frustrating as it was to see that forfeit, at some point you are going to have to let it go and move on to what we can take away from other teams in the consolation tournament and work on ways to have an answer for those types of teams.

With regards to the way he picked his own guy over other options, The same potential problem concerns me going forward with you running for the u21 job. You have two very good players that will be u21 players when we get to that point in time, but if there are other options available in better game-shape are you going to have the ability to put one or the other on the bench or in a backup role for the sake of the result for the team?

Underlined portion at bottom:

I don't see Minghan as an option. For starter's he's on an SF training plan and his OD is way too far behind Basham's, maybe if he went pure Center route he'd be possible, but with his potential he'd cap before he could do that either.

Regarding the gameshape issue.
Yes. I'd have no issue at all benching him for someone else, it says USA U21. Not EightPackKilla's Midgaard Avalanche U21 affiliate

This Post:
276706.70 in reply to 276706.68
Date: 2/16/2016 10:59:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Jason. As a GM, are you able at all to look up the win %s of my previous user names? Are the data of those stored somewhere?

Would 3 straight 20 win seasons, over 5 years ago, before bot promotiong out of D. V (when there were multiple humans in D. V) make me more qualified in the eyes of the masses?

Or is 9-15 in a league that had 12 managers active almost daily for the entire season, in a division where I play against jamey olivas (u21 alum) twice a season. Where multiple teams had singular players alone that had a higher salary than my entire team did.
(87783777)
I also, managed to not lose a single game by 50 or more points.
(87783793) Being my worst loss. PF higher salary than my whole team. C same thing. Not to mention the SG and PG. But hey... I knew I'd be fighting uphill with the team I was fielding, but I made the choice to prioritize building my stadium and training, building a long-term foundation, rather than trying to outsprint several teams with more seasons in the league and larger venues, and better rosters.

How could I have been so foolish, thinking that setting my team up for long-term success would be a good idea.... *bonk self* I was 9-15.

... But yet, it's perfectly acceptable to tank and go 0-22 to make money?

This Post:
276706.71 in reply to 276706.28
Date: 2/16/2016 11:01:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I will immediately resign in Embarassment if there are any forfeits under my tenure.
I'd like to point the obvious: resigning is not possible. You're coach for two seasons no matter what unless you go bot. Question for all - will you as the candidate promise to take the ultimate dive and go bot in case of:

1. A forfeit
2. At least two former U21 coaches ask for your head*
3. There less than two 13/13/13 bigs at that start of a World's season, indicating that your scouting network sucks eggs
4. You CT a game that's not at the end of the season
5. You play FCP
6. You lose to France

*Yes, we have an exclusive U21 alum club with meetings, dues, bowling nights, the works. Yer gonna love it when you retire. Unless we ask for your head. Then it's gonna be awkward having you around.

Group hug!
This Post:
276706.72 in reply to 276706.71
Date: 2/16/2016 11:08:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd like to point the obvious: resigning is not possible. You're coach for two seasons no matter what unless you go bot. Question for all - will you as the candidate promise to take the ultimate dive and go bot in case of:

1. A forfeit
2. At least two former U21 coaches ask for your head*
3. There less than two 13/13/13 bigs at that start of a World's season, indicating that your scouting network sucks eggs
4. You CT a game that's not at the end of the season
5. You play FCP
6. You lose to France

*Yes, we have an exclusive U21 alum club with meetings, dues, bowling nights, the works. Yer gonna love it when you retire. Unless we ask for your head. Then it's gonna be awkward having you around.

1. Yes
2. I think i'm experiencing that already am I not?
3. Yes
4. So you'd rather lose a game and be in the consolation, rather than win the game, move on, but then need some small degree of luck, in an effort of winning the whole thing? You'd prefer the "wait till next year" approach?
5. FCP is pointless unless you have a team built for it, which we do not.
6. Just out of curiosity why France in particular?

Advertisement